blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:55:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1147157 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2550 on: May 10, 2015, 04:22:41 AM »

That was a proper fight!

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: May 10, 2015, 04:27:48 AM »

That was a proper fight!

A proper KO <3 Canelo
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: May 10, 2015, 04:36:00 AM »

That was a proper fight!

A proper KO <3 Canelo

Asking him who he wants afterwards, and he says he's not bothered, he'll fight anyone.

Obviously tries to get a swerve out of him by asking about GGG, and he just says 'Yeah, I'll fight him'

simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: May 15, 2015, 10:30:50 AM »

Picked up a copy of "Two Fists and a Fortune" the autobiography of Bruce Woodcock - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Woodcock_%28boxer%29

Which led me in turn to this gem:

https://youtu.be/91xxVakhbg0
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:34:44 AM by simonnatur » Logged

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: May 18, 2015, 08:20:05 PM »

I can't be the only one that likes Kiko at 10/3 v Quigg? He will be in Quigg's face all night long throwing leather and roughing him up.

Also the Irish jokers opened up with Crolla as favourite v Perez. Mbn to get on with them.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: May 18, 2015, 08:53:45 PM »

I can't be the only one that likes Kiko at 10/3 v Quigg? He will be in Quigg's face all night long throwing leather and roughing him up.

Also the Irish jokers opened up with Crolla as favourite v Perez. Mbn to get on with them.

God knows what to make of Quigg and his 3-4 week notice possibly underprepared opponents.

Remember that Cuban fella Salinas that he battled to a draw with, well he got destroyed by a 15-7-1 fighter in his next outing.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: May 18, 2015, 10:09:34 PM »

God knows what to make of Quigg and his 3-4 week notice possibly underprepared opponents.

Remember that Cuban fella Salinas that he battled to a draw with, well he got destroyed by a 15-7-1 fighter in his next outing.

Kiko is the best he has been in with by a distance. I just think back to what Kiko did to Romero. If you are at all fragile (and I think Quigg might be) then Kiko will expose you.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: May 22, 2015, 03:43:34 PM »

There's an early start this evening as BoxNation show the Russian card starting at 5:30pm and it's absolutely packed full of the big men.

2 of the most skilled heavyweights out there, Povetkin and Perez fight for the mandatory spot to Wilder's WBC belt. Charr and Leapi should be a more action packed heavyweight bout as they'll likely stand in front of each other and trade. Then there's some big hitters in the remaining cruiserweight bouts.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: May 22, 2015, 06:08:07 PM »

Part of the intrigue of the main event will be in seeing if Mike Perez throws away the 2nd half of the fight as he did in the Takam and Jennings bouts. It was gutting to be on Perez by points at 7/4, being  5-0 up only for him to lose the last 5 rounds and stumble his way to a majority draw with Takam.

In his next bout, it was evident from the constant leaning on Jennings that it was his conditioning that was at fault. His constant chopping and changing of trainers is doing little to inspire confidence and the near career high weight of 240.5lb is an ominous sign. If he gasses against a quality, experienced operator like Povetkin he won't get let off the hook as easily as on previous occasions.

So I've had a bet on Povetkin rounds 7-12@10/3 . Perez is a fast starter and Povetkin gave up early rounds to Charr and Takam, plus Perez will be far more vulnerable the longer the fight goes on and that really isn't reflected in the way the groups are priced.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: May 22, 2015, 06:09:47 PM »

**** sake, Boxnation aren't showing the Charr vs Leapai fight live. Everyone and I mean everyone is behind Twitter and a Russian stream.

edit: Boxnation jumped straight into the live round 4 footage.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 06:18:09 PM by McGlashan » Logged
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: May 22, 2015, 06:25:51 PM »

Say what you want about PP loltraders at least they have stopped taking bets at SP.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: May 22, 2015, 09:23:02 PM »

Part of the intrigue of the main event will be in seeing if Mike Perez throws away the 2nd half of the fight as he did in the Takam and Jennings bouts. It was gutting to be on Perez by points at 7/4, being  5-0 up only for him to lose the last 5 rounds and stumble his way to a majority draw with Takam.

In his next bout, it was evident from the constant leaning on Jennings that it was his conditioning that was at fault. His constant chopping and changing of trainers is doing little to inspire confidence and the near career high weight of 240.5lb is an ominous sign. If he gasses against a quality, experienced operator like Povetkin he won't get let off the hook as easily as on previous occasions.

So I've had a bet on Povetkin rounds 7-12@10/3 . Perez is a fast starter and Povetkin gave up early rounds to Charr and Takam, plus Perez will be far more vulnerable the longer the fight goes on and that really isn't reflected in the way the groups are priced.

I like the UD at 11/5 but have had a saver on the 7-12 as its hard to see any other outcome.

Any view on Dirrell v DeGale? It's not going to be easy for DeGale to win on the cards over there. Odds against on Dirrell looks fair.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: May 22, 2015, 09:43:21 PM »

I like the UD at 11/5 but have had a saver on the 7-12 as its hard to see any other outcome.

Any view on Dirrell v DeGale? It's not going to be easy for DeGale to win on the cards over there. Odds against on Dirrell looks fair.

I'm bullish on the mardybum of British boxing and was hoping the money would go the other way. The thing is the media and the betting public are fickle, if the other Dirrell brother had looked impressive then all the money would probably be coming in on Dirrell.

As for Kiko - Quigg, I keep flip flopping on him. It's a tough fight but Im not mad keen on taking on Matchrom's match makers.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: May 22, 2015, 09:45:01 PM »

Lol.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: May 22, 2015, 09:45:27 PM »

Lol.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: