blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:03:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1147416 times)
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2640 on: May 31, 2015, 11:33:56 AM »

How would the judges on here price Khan Brook now if it was to happen in September?  I would be 1/2 Khan 2/1 Brook to 100%.  Interested in others views.

I'd have it closer, 8/11 Khan
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: May 31, 2015, 11:41:57 AM »

when is joshua going to fight someone that challenges us as an audience and challenges him?

enough of the patsy's lets crack on please.

i looked for it last night and gathered i needed to pay to watch it. sod that, as a completely occasional casual fan. if i thought he was in a tough match with something riding on it i just might pay

I really don't think there are that many out there who would give him a serious fight and/or would want to fight him.  If Price fights him he is pretty much admitting his career is over as he will get destroyed.  Don't think it is easy making matches for him right now balancing risk/reward on Hearn's behalf given the money he has invested into him.

He's pretty tough to match at the minute. He was supposed to be taken a few rounds last night but that didn't happen. The heavyweight division has such a lack of depth that it's difficult to find a test for him without putting him in with a top 10 heavyweight.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: May 31, 2015, 11:49:57 AM »

when is joshua going to fight someone that challenges us as an audience and challenges him?

i looked for it last night and gathered i needed to pay to watch it. sod that, as a completely occasional casual fan. if i thought he was in a tough match with something riding on it i just might pay

I really don't think there are that many out there who would give him a serious fight and/or would want to fight him.  If Price fights him he is pretty much admitting his career is over as he will get destroyed.  Don't think it is easy making matches for him right now balancing risk/reward on Hearn's behalf given the money he has invested into him.

He's pretty tough to match at the minute. He was supposed to be taken a few rounds last night but that didn't happen. The heavyweight division has such a lack of depth that it's difficult to find a test for him without putting him in with a top 10 heavyweight.

so put him in with a top ten heavyweight

anythign else for much longer is just taking the piss out of the fans (not that the hardcore fans care, it seems)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: May 31, 2015, 11:52:40 AM »

So last night they really let AJ off the leash from the opening bell. Everyone apart from Big Adz thought the fight would last a lot longer than it did. As the hype train goes into overdrive the only thing to do is get on board and enjoy the ride because the current crop of heavyweights ain't up to an awful lot.

The way I'd break the Heavyweight division down is:

The King: Vladimir Klitschko

The best of the rest. Tried and tested guys that have only lost to Vlad: Sasha Povetkin, then a decent bit behind him are Bryant Jennings and Kobrat Pulev.

The unbeaten, up and coming giants with every physical advantage in the world, the guys that could reign after Vlad retires: Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua.

And some gatekeepers to complete a top 10:
Tony Thompson- Got size and skill. He can be outhustled by quality up and comers as per the Takam and Pulev losses. At 43 his decline could be severe.
Carlos Takam - Ko'd by Povetkin.
Mike Perez- Skilled with big mental leaks. Lost to Jennings.

Bugger me AJ is a top 7 heavyweight even if he hasn't proved as per people's own ranking systems.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: May 31, 2015, 11:58:26 AM »

LOL.

Another one for a screening of Frozen.....Let it Go!!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: May 31, 2015, 12:01:30 PM »

LOL.

Give Adz a break.  We all know he loves an aftertime.  This was relatively mild to his usual standard given the fact he was pissed up and celebrating modern day unchartered waters of his beloved ars winning trophies in back to back seasons and 'over achieving by finishing 3rd in the EPL' according to the Racing post stats guru Pullien yday in his racing post column.   Grin
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: May 31, 2015, 12:02:26 PM »

I really don't think there are that many out there who would give him a serious fight and/or would want to fight him.  If Price fights him he is pretty much admitting his career is over as he will get destroyed.  Don't think it is easy making matches for him right now balancing risk/reward on Hearn's behalf given the money he has invested into him.

anythign else for much longer is just taking the piss out of the fans (not that the hardcore fans care, it seems)

I went to the fight last night. Atmosphere when aj fought was incredible. Not sure it comes across on tv how much support he has now. Didnt see any1 moaning myself at the speed of the fight. This wasnt some random bum he was in there with. Was a reasonable step up in opponent and aj proved hes the real deal. Some1 that took vladamir klitschko 6 rounds a couple of years back is a marked improvement on the previous fodder.

Obv he will have to step up in class again but im really not sure it will be that easy. Finding him a willing opponent is going to be tough. Keep thinking maybe a haye or a fury in a year maybe.

There were so many people smoking in the 02 toilets last night it was beyond belief btw. Horrific stench. Staff did nothing.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: May 31, 2015, 12:04:04 PM »

out of interest, how much does a ticket cost to watch the 02 card last night?

My eyes are open wide
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: May 31, 2015, 12:07:26 PM »

LOL.

Give Adz a break.  We all know he loves an aftertime.  This was relatively mild to his usual standard given the fact he was pissed up and celebrating modern day unchartered waters of his beloved ars winning trophies in back to back seasons and 'over achieving by finishing 3rd in the EPL' according to the Racing post stats guru Pullien yday in his racing post column.   Grin

Absolutely Arb, ty.

And as a bloke that loves a 1-25 good thing, I'm sure you were enjoying the night too. Wink

Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: May 31, 2015, 12:11:36 PM »

out of interest, how much does a ticket cost to watch the 02 card last night?

The cheapest tickets sold for 30 quid or so early on. Could have sat in the gods for that but i was happy to pay double that for that card-so as to be relatively close. Was sold out pretty early tho. Werent even many touts around and a mate couldnt get in last minute. Everything seems to have gone online now.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: May 31, 2015, 12:14:02 PM »

LOL.

Give Adz a break.  We all know he loves an aftertime.  This was relatively mild to his usual standard given the fact he was pissed up and celebrating modern day unchartered waters of his beloved ars winning trophies in back to back seasons and 'over achieving by finishing 3rd in the EPL' according to the Racing post stats guru Pullien yday in his racing post column.   Grin

Absolutely Arb, ty.

And as a bloke that loves a 1-25 good thing, I'm sure you were enjoying the night too. Wink

Having backed AJ at 1/16 and brook at 1/8 it was a pretty easy feet up spot for me last night i must admit.  Many thanks to the 'you will never go skint laying a short one even if you lay them over the odds' layers out there.  Grin

Backing Hearn's cash cows on home field at short odds isn't the sweat a lot of people think it is.

Congrats on arsenal Adz in all seriousness.  They were very pleasing on the eye yesterday.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 12:16:16 PM by arbboy » Logged
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: May 31, 2015, 12:26:29 PM »

thumbs up

Shame about the TFT bet though. Right strategy, wrong way round.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: May 31, 2015, 12:27:18 PM »

thumbs up

Shame about the TFT bet though. Right strategy, wrong way round.

Arsenal too good.  Old school boring boring arsenal 1-0 and you cop!
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: May 31, 2015, 01:58:21 PM »

I don't think he is that far away from that. Hearn was making noises about a big fight lined up for September, hopefully he delivers on that. That said he isn't going to rush him especially as he sells thousands of tickets in one sided mismatches but that won't go on for ever.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: June 05, 2015, 09:56:42 AM »

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: