blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:37:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1147788 times)
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2760 on: July 24, 2015, 09:09:30 PM »

Caught the 5/2 with Coral, and managed to get a decent bet on, thankfully.

Cheers McG, and good luck us!

Off topic, I see Andre Ward has said he'll fight Golovkin.

5/2 is still good. My apologies for a hurried post as the Hills stoppage price wasn't showing up on oddschecker.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: July 24, 2015, 10:38:42 PM »

Great shout
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: July 24, 2015, 10:43:50 PM »

Haha, I was out making a coffee before it kicked off, and they were doing the replays when I got back.

Great shout, and hope you had a bundle on!

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: July 24, 2015, 10:56:11 PM »

Great shout

Ta, it's nice to get a winner of my own instead of copying you're selections like I did last week.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: July 24, 2015, 11:05:07 PM »

This opponent is tiny, Buglioni is in huge trouble when he faces someone his own size.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: July 29, 2015, 10:06:09 PM »

The Campbell price slowly but surely being knocked in to line. The 8/13 on the stoppage by PP didn't last long either.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: July 29, 2015, 10:17:12 PM »

The Campbell price slowly but surely being knocked in to line. The 8/13 on the stoppage by PP didn't last long either.

Just how short do you think the stoppage price should be? I re-watched a bit of Luke and was impressed with the way he gets a TKO. Being a long-limbed lanky git he doesn't carry huge power but once he get's a guy hurt he's quick to up the pace, he doesn't waste punches or smother his work and frequently is out of range of the wild punches hurt fighters throw back.      

* I like the way Stan James hung back n went 1/5 on the stoppage and top price on points.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:19:19 PM by McGlashan » Logged
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: July 30, 2015, 01:08:40 AM »

Just how short do you think the stoppage price should be? I re-watched a bit of Luke and was impressed with the way he gets a TKO. Being a long-limbed lanky git he doesn't carry huge power but once he get's a guy hurt he's quick to up the pace, he doesn't waste punches or smother his work and frequently is out of range of the wild punches hurt fighters throw back.      

* I like the way Stan James hung back n went 1/5 on the stoppage and top price on points.

If I wasn't already full I'd be a backer at the current prices. Coyle has a glass jaw and a vulnerability to the body which is a bad combo. He counters that somewhat by a big heart. Heart won't get him through this one though as Campbell is on a completely different level to Brizuela and Gethin. Campbell should be 1/20 outright.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: July 30, 2015, 01:43:05 AM »

My favourite part of the fight build up was ringisde after Gethin quit on his stool. The pundits were hyping it up as a competitive fight , Glen McRory backs a hard earned points decision for Campbell, only honest Alex Arthur never got the memo.

So Alex, how do you see the fight going?
"I think Luke Campbell stops him in 5 or 6 rounds. Campbell is a fantastic talent"

Good guy is Alex Arthur, Sky just need someone out of frame to poke him with a big stick when he drifts off script.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: July 30, 2015, 01:50:20 AM »

Campbell stoppage at 1/2 or bigger would of had to go up on TFT. At 2/5 it's less appealing.

As for Rose vs Jones 2, it's the saving grace of this card. Now either the 1st fight was a lucky punch or Rose is a vunerable fighter. I'm inclined to go with the latter.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: July 30, 2015, 10:11:19 AM »

I'm tempted by the prices in Campbell to get the job done quickly. Given Sky have done their best to try and hype this as a competitive match they would then be able to overhype Campbell's performance if he got the job done quickly. Gethin and Brizuela had Coyle on the floor in the 2nd so he's vulnerable early.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: July 30, 2015, 06:34:08 PM »

If I wasn't already full I'd be a backer at the current prices. Coyle has a glass jaw and a vulnerability to the body which is a bad combo. He counters that somewhat by a big heart. Heart won't get him through this one though as Campbell is on a completely different level to Brizuela and Gethin. Campbell should be 1/20 outright.

Plenty of punters on bf already happy to take slightly under 4/9 for decent money on stoppage in a very non liquid market.  So i would imagine the true price should be a fair bit shorter than 2/5.  I will be having an interest at 2/5.  Shame i missed this earlier in the week and the bigger prices.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: July 30, 2015, 06:50:40 PM »

Some utter knobjockey on Betfair has been giving the game away the very moment 1 bookie puts up a price. That one bookie gets their line bashed into shape prior to anyone getting a decent bet on. 

On Monday the 1st price up was Paddy's 8/13 and instantly someone asked for £200@1.5
Lolbrokes opened 11/10 on Blackwell stoppage and they asked for hundreds@ evens.
Mitchell Smith KO was 11/4 and 5-2 general and they asked for hundreds @7-4

Bearing in mind there's zero exchange liquidity on method of victory prior to the weigh ins there's absolutely fuck all point in doing what they are doing.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: July 30, 2015, 07:16:09 PM »

Some utter knobjockey on Betfair has been giving the game away the very moment 1 bookie puts up a price. That one bookie gets their line bashed into shape prior to anyone getting a decent bet on. 

On Monday the 1st price up was Paddy's 8/13 and instantly someone asked for £200@1.5
Lolbrokes opened 11/10 on Blackwell stoppage and they asked for hundreds@ evens.

Bearing in mind there's zero exchange liquidity on method of victory prior to the weigh ins there's absolutely fuck all point in doing what they are doing.

I know it is annoying when these mugs do this.  They are never going to get matched but ruin it for everyone else.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: July 30, 2015, 07:35:28 PM »

I know it is annoying when these mugs do this.  They are never going to get matched but ruin it for everyone else.

Arb, you're a bit late to the party as we've been shitting on Campbell-Coyle since way back.  You've not really missed out on 1/2 though unless you were sat at a computer hitting F5 and had a clean gambling account on hand.

This guy should stop it after getting f-all matched. He'll eventually learn about putting in some legwork to get on.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: