blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:16:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 360 361 [362] 363 364 365 366 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1145671 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5415 on: April 20, 2019, 11:39:48 PM »

Price is actually a decent matchup. Price obviously wins every round early but Allen is durable and capable of taking out Price when he gases. Chisora who they also mentioned as a possible opponent results in a UD for Del Boy

Forgot about Pricey, and was just thinking Eddie would want to keep Del out of the way after tonight Cheesy

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: April 20, 2019, 11:49:12 PM »

Just ball park, but what sort of purse would Chisora have got for tonight?

£100kish at a guess

Not much left over then, once he's paid a % to his Manager, Promotor, trainer, cost of camp and so on.

He's got enough money to skip the open workout and pay a crowd member £500 to take his place.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: April 20, 2019, 11:59:44 PM »

Price is actually a decent matchup. Price obviously wins every round early but Allen is durable and capable of taking out Price when he gases. Chisora who they also mentioned as a possible opponent results in a UD for Del Boy

Forgot about Pricey, and was just thinking Eddie would want to keep Del out of the way after tonight Cheesy

I'll be shocked if it's not Allen Price headling a regular Saturday fight night. Tonight's London crowd gave him a standing ovation and he desperately needs to keep fighting flawed big lumps.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: April 21, 2019, 12:12:47 AM »

I'll be shocked if it's not Allen Price headling a regular Saturday fight night. Tonight's London crowd gave him a standing ovation and he desperately needs to keep fighting flawed big lumps.

Yeah, makes sense.

Winner gets Del on another fight night?

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: April 21, 2019, 12:56:20 AM »

Yeah, makes sense.

Your guess is as good as mine on that one. I can tell you Matchroom's heavyweight matchmaking has been exceptional.

AJ's entire career. Making Micheal Hunter a thing. Finding someone Dave Allen can beat (he's every bit as limited as before). Creating numerous pay pare views.

Now Oscar Rivas. Small unbeaten powerhouse, a touch heavy on his feet, and one dimensional. He'll look good for a bit whilst having almost no chance of winning over 12.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: April 21, 2019, 01:17:45 AM »

Yeah, makes sense.

Your guess is as good as mine on that one. I can tell you Matchroom's heavyweight matchmaking has been exceptional.

AJ's entire career. Making Micheal Hunter a thing. Finding someone Dave Allen can beat (he's every bit as limited as before). Creating numerous pay pare views.

Now Oscar Rivas. Small unbeaten powerhouse, a touch heavy on his feet, and one dimensional. He'll look good for a bit whilst having almost no chance of winning over 12.

LOL @ AJ being first one out when talking about matchmaking.

Suppose you can look at the strength of opponents Tyson and Deontay have fought and AJ has had a much more sheltered career than both of them Wink

I don't think Michael Hunter would be a thing if he hadn't been set to fight in the states, or you think they'd have brought him over here, too?

Can't really blame them for Allen, don't think anybody thinks he's good, even Dave himself.

I'd not heard of him until they were talking there after the fight. Spend a score on a round of shots, so for a night of punch-ups I'm always in.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: April 21, 2019, 02:29:33 AM »

What time we think Khan walks? ~4am?

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: April 21, 2019, 02:40:42 AM »

4:30 was mentioned.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: April 21, 2019, 02:42:21 AM »

It's a it late but here we go. Hopefully this makes sense  Wink

AJ's first 15 fight development fights were perfect match making. The comparisons being previous Olympian medalists in Price and Audley.

Finding a big stiff lump like Ustinov that Hunter could stop was good matchmaking. As was judging when Lucas Browne was ready to be pushed over the edge.

In hindsight the likes of the African fella and Patera were always wrong for Eggington and Ritson. That's bad match making.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: April 21, 2019, 03:12:48 AM »

Yeah, I see what you mean there.

I know you and Bazza don't like the Matchroom mob which is half the fun Smiley

I just look at all their careers, and can't work out how he gets so much shit about who he has fought. Is it just  because they haven't done it when we want to?

If you listen to Fury fans, the 18 months from when he beat Klitschko, he went from one of the GOATs, to being ready for his bus pass, and everyone else AJ has fought are useless, too.

Likewise, you'd think Wilder had been fighting end bosses from all the Rocky movies if you listen to Nestor & the Wilder crew.

I'm not that worried about it, because they'll all fight within the next few years. Well, that's what my presumption is, anyway.

4:30 was mentioned.

Pot committed now, so have to stay up Cheesy

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: April 21, 2019, 05:35:33 AM »

And breathe. Awaiting the refs ruling is far worse than sweating the scorecards.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: April 21, 2019, 05:44:16 AM »

And breathe. Awaiting the refs ruling is far worse than sweating the scorecards.

Cheesy

Nice one.

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: April 21, 2019, 06:06:39 AM »

Khan could happily retire on that note. Not officially though, why do that when you could keep Kell Brook dangling on a bit longer.

Cheesy

Nice one.

Yeh well, I bet a few folk loaded up on TC before going to bed instead of thinking they could get some on at a bigger price after 1 or 2 rounds 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 06:09:49 AM by McGlashan » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: April 21, 2019, 06:13:07 AM »

Get a few million more in the sky, and dip out.

I didn't have a bet in it, and glad Cheesy

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: April 24, 2019, 09:37:57 AM »

Ortiz’s camp saying they got lowballed by Edward.

It’s now impossible for him to put on a fight that will be remotely competitive. This surely can’t do great PPV numbers over here given it’s on US time.
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 360 361 [362] 363 364 365 366 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: