blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:18:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1143415 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2011, 10:34:08 PM »

Will actually pay for the PPV for this one happily  Smiley

Pretty decent offer from Sky.

http://www.skybet.com/skybet?offer=118&aff=4821

Looking forward to the fight, I think Haye will win it and hope he does so he fights the brother.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2011, 10:55:18 PM »

I like McGuigan's take on the fight, and also on Haye in general. If he showed a little bit more humility and maturity I think he could win a lot of fans as well.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2011, 11:11:21 PM »

I like McGuigan's take on the fight, and also on Haye in general. If he showed a little bit more humility and maturity I think he could win a lot of fans as well.

Don't get anyone who takes this point of view.

David's someone who dominated the cruiserweight division. He went to France to take on the champion in Jean-Mark Mormeck, got knocked down in the fourth and got up to stop him in the seventh. He did all he needed to in that division. He then stepped up to the heavyweight division and has used his bravado, his charm, his arrogance etc to fast-track his career but at the same time he backed all that up with wins. He beat Valuev in his backyard to win the title and has beaten every other heavyweight he has faced comfortably.

We as a nation should be proud of him. Yes he might be cocky, but he backs it up. He intentionally tries to get under people's skin and it works.

He cannot have done anymore than he has. Saturday's fight will define his legacy and he deserves anyone who considers themselves remotely British to back him 100%.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2011, 11:21:03 PM »

David's someone who dominated the cruiserweight division. He went to France to take on the champion in Jean-Mark Mormeck, got knocked down in the fourth and got up to stop him in the seventh. He did all he needed to in that division. He then stepped up to the heavyweight division and has used his bravado, his charm, his arrogance etc to fast-track his career but at the same time he backed all that up with wins. He beat Valuev in his backyard to win the title and has beaten every other heavyweight he has faced comfortably.

We as a nation should be proud of him. Yes he might be cocky, but he backs it up. He intentionally tries to get under people's skin and it works.

He cannot have done anymore than he has. Saturday's fight will define his legacy and he deserves anyone who considers themselves remotely British to back him 100%.

Talking shit is all part of his plan he said in his interviews to the BBC. He wants people to like him or hate him he doesn't care which as that's what sell tickets and PPV. He said the worst possible scenario is that people just don't care about the fight and who wins as that sells nothing.

People are well up for watching this fight, some want him to win, some want him to gets his teeth knocked in. Either way he wins at the box office.......
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2011, 08:38:50 AM »

It's a weird one. I want him to win, i think he will win, but i still don't actually like him. Haye v Vitali would be immense. Think Haye would snap retire after that. That guy has barrels of $$ coming in.

Anyone seen the tv show coming up? David Haye vs.... guests include Bieber, Gervais, Dizzeee Rascal, Michael Mcntyre and Mickey Rourke. I think Rourke was a pro boxer once and did alright as a bit of a journeyman. Would like to see Bieber and Gervais get their faces smashed in.

FFS after typing all this ive just found one of the episodes here: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490769

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2011, 09:23:08 AM »

It's quite simple, lots of people don't like him.  Most fight fans recognise his ability, and I for one would love him to win at the weekend.  Not sure what legacy it will define, other than being at/near the top of a relatively uncompetitive Heavyweight division.  If he then goes on to fight and beat Vitali, that will do a lot more in terms of defining his legacy.

Quite a lot of people don't like Andy Murray, but if he wins Wimbledon and other grand slam events, there'll be no disputing his talent - doesn't mean people have to adore him.

I think Joe Calzaghe was the best British fighter of all time (imo), but I don't like him as a man.  Love his boxing ability though.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2011, 09:33:58 AM »

It's quite simple, lots of people don't like him.  Most fight fans recognise his ability, and I for one would love him to win at the weekend.  Not sure what legacy it will define, other than being at/near the top of a relatively uncompetitive Heavyweight division.  If he then goes on to fight and beat Vitali, that will do a lot more in terms of defining his legacy.

Quite a lot of people don't like Andy Murray, but if he wins Wimbledon and other grand slam events, there'll be no disputing his talent - doesn't mean people have to adore him.

I think Joe Calzaghe was the best British fighter of all time (imo), but I don't like him as a man.  Love his boxing ability though.

This.

I actually like Haye a great deal, he is genuinely very intelligent, witty, and talented. I love trash talkers too, but for me he has just gone slightly over the line a few times recently - not that I dont like controversy, more that he is trying to hard and it looks contrived. By the same token, I have really warmed to what a relaxed, nice, confident, funny, and respectable chap Vlad appears to be. I'm a boxing fan first and foremost, so I am not massively inclined to support the Brit out of mindless loyalty, but I am rooting for Haye...just.

And yeah, the heavyweight division is dogshit, he has to beat both brothers for it to be a genuine legacy (especially after the Audley fight lost him loads of legacy points)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2011, 10:08:33 AM »

he does come across as a tosser and would love to see him put in his place like groves did to de gale. sometimes people cross the line from good banter to being a cockend. however losing to either of the two klitschko brothers would be a bad thing for boxing imo. he injects a bit of life into the heavy weight div and it has become tez these last few years. unify the div then get knocked out  by a no hoper.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2011, 12:07:05 PM »

I love this post because it demonstrates the value of Haye's mouth and his self promo entirely. It says Haye performed at a lower level and a lighter weight, meh, that he's beaten everybody in his path comfortably at heavyweight (the relevant division), and that we as a country should be proud, and that this fight will cement his legacy etc...

The reality is that in this division he has beaten lol Monte Barrett, lol Valuev, lol John Ruiz, and lololol Audley Harrison. That's it. Yet here he is having achieved next to nothing in the division being talked about like a national treasure and a boxing legend. Haye is where he is because of the way he is and in a commercial world you've gotta pretty much love him for that.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2011, 12:34:49 PM »

this is so true. however i reckon we could have a real winner with Adam Booth. this guy is most defo walking the walk

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2011, 10:19:53 AM »

Is it possible to watch the Weigh In on a stream or will be live on sky sports..?

Satellite King
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2011, 10:49:00 AM »

Is it possible to watch the Weigh In on a stream or will be live on sky sports..?

It's on SSN.
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2011, 12:10:39 PM »

Sweeeeeeet..

Satellite King
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2011, 12:33:43 PM »

Proper buzzing for this. Can't wait.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2011, 12:37:58 PM »

Should be excellent.  Will be watching it at deeteedee I think, otherwise would be worth the PPV.

Can't remember the last time I was remotely excited about a heavyweight fight!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: