blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:23:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1138806 times)
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2011, 12:41:01 PM »

Have I missed the weigh in?
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2011, 12:41:15 PM »

SSN said 1pm
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2011, 12:42:01 PM »

SSN said 1pm
Ta
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2011, 12:43:58 PM »

Should be excellent.  Will be watching it at deeteedee I think, otherwise would be worth the PPV.

Can't remember the last time I was remotely excited about a heavyweight fight!

Not bothered with the DS this month. Have watched a couple of fights in there and I always end up having to watch them again when i get in, as i either miss stuff or have a shit view etc etc. This fight is > poker for me.

On rounds 1,2,3,4 and 6. Yesterday he predicted a KO in the 6th so i might go big on that. Have a friend who is in his camp and he reckons he is proper gonna go for it. I thought a lot of it was talk and he would just dance around and look to score like in the Valuev fight. Apparently not... There is no chance this fight can go to points.  The judging over there is horiffic.

Lets gogogogogogo.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2011, 12:45:06 PM »

I reckon Kiltschko will prob win but the his price is ridic...surely Haye has to be the value call?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2011, 04:25:43 PM »

Worth a little read: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/sport-front-page/2011/07/01/lennox-lewis-warning-to-david-haye-on-eve-of-wladimir-kitschiko-fight-115875-23239148/

Lewis said he still feels in great shape and occasionally has to fight the temptation to return to the ring. He is not an admirer of Wladimir, 35, and believes Vitali, the WBC champion and holder of the linear title, is by far the more dangerous of the two brothers.

Massively agree with this. I think anyone who even remotely follows boxing knows this.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2011, 07:23:57 PM »

Compare and contrast the fights they've had:

Wlad (is it Vlad or Wlad?):
http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=7035&cat=boxer

Vitali:
http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?cat=boxer&human_id=7033

and of course Haye:
http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=155774&cat=boxer

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2011, 08:03:35 PM »

Worth a little read: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/sport-front-page/2011/07/01/lennox-lewis-warning-to-david-haye-on-eve-of-wladimir-kitschiko-fight-115875-23239148/

Lewis said he still feels in great shape and occasionally has to fight the temptation to return to the ring. He is not an admirer of Wladimir, 35, and believes Vitali, the WBC champion and holder of the linear title, is by far the more dangerous of the two brothers.

Massively agree with this. I think anyone who even remotely follows boxing knows this.

Of course, he has to go through the weaker oppo first before he gets to the best of them all. Like he would in a computer game.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2011, 08:07:49 PM »

Of course, he has to go through the weaker oppo first before he gets to the best of them all. Like he would in a computer game.

Vitali is the 'Boss'?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »

Vitali is the 'Boss'?

Yep, and he runs this whole damned town.

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2011, 11:30:08 PM »

Can't see Haye winning this, Wlad is a lot better than he's given credit for. He's no Valuev. He's quick enough and accurate. The issue is his chin obv. Not touching anything at these prices.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2011, 11:43:29 PM »

The more I look at it, the more I really haven't got a clue and I'm actually beginning to think that they're both decent fighters, but nothing that exceptional at all.  Good enough to operate at 'world-class' in the current Heavyweight division though.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2011, 01:14:44 PM »

Oh my!

Just listening to radio 5, who have just reported it is in an open air arena, and if it rains, THE FIGHT WILL BE STOPPED, no questions asked!

Jokeaments

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2011, 01:58:58 PM »

Oh my!

Just listening to radio 5, who have just reported it is in an open air arena, and if it rains, THE FIGHT WILL BE STOPPED, no questions asked!

Jokeaments

On Sky yday they spoke to the stadium manager and he said there's a cover so it wouldn't matter if it rained, surely that is BS ?
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2011, 02:09:43 PM »

Fancying Wlad more and more.

Bigger, stronger, better reach, more proven or more experience, harder puncher, more intelligent, better trainer, better pegidree, home territory, bent judges. Except for speed (which Wlad is being harshley judged on, he's both quick and accurate) I can't see many areas where Haye has an advantage. The only doubt is how often Wlad has been on the canvas and how he sometimes boxes nervously but that's been a lot rarer since Steward came on board.

Let's hope Haye can catch him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: