blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:50:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1143875 times)
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2011, 11:26:23 PM »

So glad I didnt pay for it. Wlad could've toyed with him all day long imo.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2011, 11:27:37 PM »

Sigh, quite enjoyed it though. Smiley
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2011, 11:29:44 PM »

Well after getting a link that didn't lag constantly i'm glad I didn't pay for that.
Really, really showed how shite the heavyweight division is.
Haye got found out as not being a real heavy, though not anything we didn't already know. Was almost comical watching most Haye punches being absolute haymaker attempts with him completely off balance. Klitschoko just not good enough to pick him off every time he was open.
And WTF was Haye doing diving to the floor and then looking at Ref at every opportunity for a points deduction?
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2011, 11:32:16 PM »

What a ***** Haye is
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2011, 11:32:34 PM »

UFC132 starts at 2am time to watch the future of the fight world.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2011, 11:32:43 PM »

Toe or no toe Vlad is smashing Haye every time.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2011, 11:40:52 PM »

Lol got to love the Haye limp on the way out of the ring.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2011, 11:46:16 PM »

I took more punishment from the jostling in the crowded shit pub I was in than either of those two took.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2011, 11:47:46 PM »

Walk on timing was a joke, security was a joke, Haye was a joke. Wlad is boring as sin to watch but he executed his game plan to perfection and his jab game is unreal. Has done himself a massive amount of favours in the build up to this fight. Certainly won me over.

Price is gonna be the next big thing for British heavy weights IMO.

Roll on UFC. Hope we have a banger like last week.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2011, 12:26:21 AM »

If you land less than 5 punches per round you wont win any fight. Haye was more concerned with his faculties remaining in tact than winning right from the start. His advantages of speed and reaction were only deployed in a defensive capacity and he offered nothing offensively. Even when his only chance to win was by getting into the danger zone he resisted doing so. No heart and no fight in the guy. I can't believe it really cos in the last few days Lederer has robbed all my Tilt dollars and now Haye has robbed my PPV money. Both of whom will prob be sunning themselves in Barbados next week on innocent dime. The hurt little toe excuse and the arriving late to the ring made me think a couple of handbags would have been more useful than gloves in this depressing encounter. It was pissing down as well.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2011, 01:07:26 AM »

Quite enjoyed the fight to be honest. Wlad was very good. Proved he's got a chin and could take the speed. Didn't let any of the antics pre-fight change his game plan.
No complaints with Haye. Think the way to win is to fly out and go shit or bust in the first 4 rounds and either knock him out or get knocked out. No fighter is ever going to prepare that way though so not a lot more he could do against Wlad's style.
I think Haye gave him the respect afterwards but the excuse was for the media and public. Leaves it open for one more fight where he can build it up saying "you didn't see the best of me". Can't see a final fight being a good money spinner if he comes out and honestly says he wasn't good enough.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2011, 01:10:33 AM »

UFC132 starts at 2am time to watch the future of the fight world.

Any links to this

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2011, 02:02:46 AM »

I should've said this before the fight and not after but the only fight in boxing that will excite me is if Manny and PBF get it on, I'm not really a boxing fan but if that happens, I wanna be there, this fight was a huge letdown and I don't think that was a huge suprise to most. GG HAYE.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2011, 09:22:14 AM »

Walk on timing was a joke, security was a joke, Haye was a joke. Wlad is boring as sin to watch but he executed his game plan to perfection and his jab game is unreal. Has done himself a massive amount of favours in the build up to this fight. Certainly won me over.

This

Toe or no toe (apparantly he was wearing those sandals at the press conference & he stopped sparring 8 weeks ago, not 3 weeks ago, like he claimed) Haye looks like a total classless bitch. Telling that Booth doesnt seem to be blaming the toe and is urging Haye to retire.

The ref wasnt as bad as people are making out, and I think it looked extremely sour grapes Booth brought it up. Haye was spoiling, forcing himself into sitiations that forced clinches, and complained at every turn and even before anything happened, whatever that resulted in the ref doing was pretty justified.

I wanted Vlad to win deep down because he came across so well and was really funny, but I couldnt bring myself to not cheer on the Brit on the night. Regretably with this result, its the end of what was left of heavyweight boxing.

And lol at the ring entrances, looked like they have a million pounds to some school children to organise it. They made Lewis look like a prize tit when he had to wait around like that.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2011, 11:41:05 AM »

When proper fighter Joe Calzaghe fought Jeff Lacy he landed well over a thousand punches on his man during the bout. Haye landed just 57 punches throughout the whole fight and most of those were glancing off balance blows. The toe had nothing to do with Haye's reluctance to step inside and put himself in the danger zone, that was all about lacking heart. Gary Lineker still bangged in the goals with a gammy big toe and it's kinda more of a handicap for footballers. The disappoiniting thing is I thought Klitschko looked well beatable on the night if Haye had managed to find some courage. I would have liked to have known about the bad toe that prevents punches being thrown before I shelled out full dollar to watch a fight really. The idea of a rematch is horrible. Perhaps the winner of that bout could fight Audley Harrison and this endless circus in the heavyweights could continue. 

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: