blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:56:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1138786 times)
BrumBilly

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 13, 2011, 06:11:37 AM »

wp....old fashioned bookies online for me so the best I could do was back the draw...they throw the book at a kid for bowling no-balls to order yet the faceless money men behind this fiasco will just move on to the next shady deal. Shaking my head
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: November 13, 2011, 09:18:22 AM »

Chris Eubank Jr. 

A lot of talent.

Based on what?  One fight against a journeyman that didn't throw one punch in the handful of rounds it lasted?  He could be a very good fighter but he is going to need a lot more testing opponents than tonights to prove he has talent nevermind a lot of talent.

Not seen many pro debutants look as good as he did. It looked like he was fighting his tenth pro fight, not his first. Of course his opponent was cherry-picked, that's how it works, but you could still see that the potential's there, no?

He's obviously got plenty of talent, and it'll be interesting to see how far he can go. I remember seeing Ricky Hatton's second ever pro fight (undercard to Naz b Kelley) and thinking the same about him.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: November 13, 2011, 09:19:50 AM »

Anyone seen a breakdown of the scoring from the judges round by round?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 13, 2011, 01:00:34 PM »

Chris Eubank Jr. 
A lot of talent.
Based on what?  One fight against a journeyman that didn't throw one punch in the handful of rounds it lasted?  He could be a very good fighter but he is going to need a lot more testing opponents than tonights to prove he has talent nevermind a lot of talent.

Not seen many pro debutants look as good as he did. It looked like he was fighting his tenth pro fight, not his first. Of course his opponent was cherry-picked, that's how it works, but you could still see that the potential's there, no?
He's obviously got plenty of talent, and it'll be interesting to see how far he can go. I remember seeing Ricky Hatton's second ever pro fight (undercard to Naz b Kelley) and thinking the same about him.

No doubt he looked stylish but a lot of what the game is about is the ability to take a punch and we probably won't even see him tested on that front until his tenth fight or so.  he is probably too young to ever face Froch but he has Groves and DeGale in the same division as him and at this stage I would happily lay evens he ever wins a British title.

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: November 13, 2011, 01:23:18 PM »

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/7228745/manny-pacquiao-escapes-decision-juan-manuel-marquez

2nd video clip shows scorecard

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: November 13, 2011, 01:46:45 PM »

Chris Eubank Jr. 
A lot of talent.

No doubt he looked stylish but a lot of what the game is about is the ability to take a punch and we probably won't even see him tested on that front until his tenth fight or so.  he is probably too young to ever face Froch but he has Groves and DeGale in the same division as him and at this stage I would happily lay evens he ever wins a British title.

I'll take a bet on him winning a British (or bigger title).  What timescale?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: November 13, 2011, 01:55:28 PM »

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/7228745/manny-pacquiao-escapes-decision-juan-manuel-marquez

2nd video clip shows scorecard

That's their scorecard, but couldn't see the official scorecards from the three judges?

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 13, 2011, 03:42:02 PM »

Like I said, pointless fight 

Manny v Pbf next May, one time.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: November 13, 2011, 03:45:38 PM »

Cheesy

Would be good.  After last night would many fancy Mayweather who previously thought it would be Manny's fight?

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 13, 2011, 03:51:01 PM »

Cheesy

Would be good.  After last night would many fancy Mayweather who previously thought it would be Manny's fight?

I still think Manny would win, he was poor last night, not sure why that was but he was much more defensive than he usually is, I thought Manny had done enough to win but a lot of the rounds where close.

Imo Manny deliberatly fought poorly so Floyd will get in the ring with him  Wink
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 13, 2011, 04:39:20 PM »

Chris Eubank Jr. 
A lot of talent.

Shall we say before the end of 2014.  In terms of bigger title I would say a European title counts as bigger but a Commonwealth doesn't.  What do you think?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: November 13, 2011, 09:15:10 PM »

Chris Eubank Jr. 
A lot of talent.

Shall we say before the end of 2014.  In terms of bigger title I would say a European title counts as bigger but a Commonwealth doesn't.  What do you think?

I'd say the Commonwealth is bigger than the British title, but happy to leave that one out.

So, we're saying before the end of 2014 he will/won't have won at least one (in any flavour) of British, European or World title (at any weight)?  Sounds like a bet, you offering any odds and how much is the bet for?  Do we need Cos and Rob to hold the money in escrow?

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 13, 2011, 09:37:00 PM »

I did say Evens in my original post.  Lets keep it friendly to overcome the need for escrow and long threads if it all goes wrong ;-)  Say £100?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: November 14, 2011, 05:01:16 AM »

I did say Evens in my original post.  Lets keep it friendly to overcome the need for escrow and long threads if it all goes wrong ;-)  Say £100?

OK, £100 it is. If you want to change the bet at any time you have to go via James Keys.

Watch Eubank Jr get injured now and only have half a dozen fights over the next few years.

Anyway [ ] good luck.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 14, 2011, 05:24:24 AM »

Wankers! lol

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: