blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:28:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1138588 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: June 22, 2012, 08:53:26 AM »

Seems harsh the result can't be overturned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18434874

Makes it even more of a joke.

Glad to see a rematch could be ordered from it at least  idiot
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 10, 2012, 06:50:32 PM »

Fight is a farce but this made me chuckle:

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 10, 2012, 06:56:52 PM »

Fight is a farce but this made me chuckle:

We're on the move.
Hope this is a proper scrap with big bombs then we see a decent Boxing exhibition from Kahn

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 10, 2012, 07:10:50 PM »

I dont see much chatter around here about Kell Brook?

What do we make of him, anyone see the fight on Saturday, pretty good fight I thought! I've watched his last 3 or 4 fights and like his style, but he got a bit of a rude awakening on Saturday pretty much clinging on at the end, but I really enjoyed the fight I must say! The other guy was something else , just kept coming forward after getting flogged for the first 5 rounds.

Oh and yea he sounds a bit like Keith Lemon no?
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 10, 2012, 07:45:32 PM »

Yeh I like Kell Brook, Deffo a future world champ. Done it the hard way unlike some, Kahn avoided him for years..

Satellite King
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 10, 2012, 09:40:33 PM »

Going into Saturday I thought he was potentially an absolute world beater.  Good to see him get a test and thought it was interesting that he is talking about getting a new strength/conditioning coach after Saturday.  He is a legitimate top 5 or 6 in the world welterweight imo and those better are all pound for pound contenders pretty much.  Would like to see him fight Berto personally.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 11, 2012, 01:55:46 AM »

Should be an easy win for Haye - an opportunity for him to look good and re-establish his position.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 11, 2012, 03:00:49 AM »

Should be an easy win for Haye - an opportunity for him to look good and re-establish his position.

If there is any justice in the sport the BBBoC will carry out their threat to suspend the license of everyone involved in the fight.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 11, 2012, 03:04:31 AM »

If there is any justice in the sport the BBBoC will carry out their threat to suspend the license of everyone involved in the fight.

Why?
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 11, 2012, 03:08:58 PM »

Why?

Because they have completely disgraced the sport of boxing for one. What is this fight for? It's the equivalent of meeting someone in the playground after school for a punch up, not only that but they can only have the fight when the substitute teacher is working as the normal teacher will whack em both in detention before either throws a punch.

On a side note anyone see the Eubank Jr fight? They are not hanging around with his match ups! Proper brawls. His name and style of fighting is going to sell a lot of tickets!

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 11, 2012, 03:15:43 PM »

Why?

Because they completely disregarded the fact that Chisora had had his license suspended and Haye wasn't even licensed in this country to go and get the fight sanctioned by the Luxemborg boxing board (for a fat fee) against the wishes of basically every other boxing authority in the world.  Chisora was banned for a reason and Haye would not have been given a license by any other board after his behaviour in Germany.  I love my boxing and I will not be watching this fight and would urge others not to.  Unfortunately it will probably draw a big crowd and decent ppv.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 11, 2012, 04:04:32 PM »

I don't get the universal antipathy for this fight. Lots of boxers, especially heavyweights, have been involved in similar incidents without it affecting their image the way it has with these two.

I guess the feeling of being let down by Haye is also part of it. We all had a laugh about his toe, but it probably did have some effect on his movement in that fight (not suggesting he would have won).
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 11, 2012, 04:23:21 PM »

Yeah but when most boxers that are involved in incidents like this have their licenses rescinded or suspended they respect that decision and don't fight until they get sanctioned again.  Chisora slapped Klitschko at the weigh in, spat at his brother in the ring then got involved in a very unseemly brawl at the press conference.  Do you think he should be able to fight again six months later?

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 11, 2012, 04:28:27 PM »

I'm hoping one of em gets the beating of his life. Not bothered which one cOz they are both a disgrace just as long as one of em feels some pain

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 11, 2012, 05:09:38 PM »

I'm hoping one of em gets the beating of his life. Not bothered which one cOz they are both a disgrace just as long as one of em feels some pain

Double KO ftw!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: