blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:26:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1138624 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #675 on: July 12, 2012, 02:01:14 PM »

Should be an easy win for Haye - an opportunity for him to look good and re-establish his position.

If there is any justice in the sport the BBBoC will carry out their threat to suspend the license of everyone involved in the fight.

Why?

Because they have completely disgraced the sport of boxing for one. What is this fight for? It's the equivalent of meeting someone in the playground after school for a punch up, not only that but they can only have the fight when the substitute teacher is working as the normal teacher will whack em both in detention before either throws a punch.

On a side note anyone see the Eubank Jr fight? They are not hanging around with his match ups! Proper brawls. His name and style of fighting is going to sell a lot of tickets!

Love watching Eubank Jr, one of the most exciting prospects around. Hope he continues to develop and goes on to fight at the top level.

Bit worried about our bet now.

Had forgotten all about that! Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 12, 2012, 05:26:21 PM »

Should be an easy win for Haye - an opportunity for him to look good and re-establish his position.

If there is any justice in the sport the BBBoC will carry out their threat to suspend the license of everyone involved in the fight.

Why?

Because they completely disregarded the fact that Chisora had had his license suspended and Haye wasn't even licensed in this country to go and get the fight sanctioned by the Luxemborg boxing board (for a fat fee) against the wishes of basically every other boxing authority in the world.  Chisora was banned for a reason and Haye would not have been given a license by any other board after his behaviour in Germany.  I love my boxing and I will not be watching this fight and would urge others not to.  Unfortunately it will probably draw a big crowd and decent ppv.

Agree with all of that and I won't be watching.  That said I do think the 2/1 Haye by decision is a bit on the big side in a 10 rounder.  Haye has been cautious and almost gunshy at times at heavyweight and whilst I think he will throw more punches against Chisora I don't see him emptying the clip on him.  He will box on the back foot and use his superior hand speed and footwork to outbox Chisora.   Chisora will come plodding forward and will no doubt take a few coming in but he has shown a good chin and took some big shots against both Klitschko and Helenius.
demetri1978

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 13, 2012, 03:01:37 AM »

Anyone watching the real boxing match on Saturday night???(Khan fight if you have not guessed,GTD to be a good fight that one)
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 13, 2012, 03:28:58 AM »

Certainly will be the only one I am watching (actually I might watch a bit of the undercard of the haye fight but I wont watch their 'fight')

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 13, 2012, 02:29:39 PM »

Have to say that having seen the sky programme about Garcia and his dad, you can't but help admire them. A much better team than Kahn and his dad. Always wanted Kahn to dominate and be undisputed champ but now would not mind either winning. Really looking forward to this

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
demetri1978

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 14, 2012, 02:16:52 PM »

If anyone wants to take a decent gamble on the Haye fight , Chisora to win by KO in rounds 7-10.If the fight goes to plan Haye wins easy ,but no money to be made there,so..........

If the Haye is not 100% and Chisora has a good night, he has the style to beat Haye.Haye plan will be to KO Chisora quick ,Chisora has a great chin.So if he can ride the storm and Haye gets tired, look for a late win by Chisora

Good luck all
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 14, 2012, 07:07:20 PM »

Weird thing is i agree with all the above apart from the other way round.
Can see haye winning in round 6-10 as chisora tires.
£30 returns £106-£166.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 14, 2012, 07:19:24 PM »

I'm inclined to agree with demetri. Looks like an easy one for Haye and he should be able to dispose of Chisora by the middle but, the longer it goes on, the better Chisora's chances are. Vitali didn't seem to know what to do to stop him from just keeping coming forward in the last few rounds, even though Chisora wasn't winning rounds. Smart move by Haye's camp to make it 10 rounds.
demetri1978

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 14, 2012, 07:35:25 PM »

Please take note (I know my boxing),if both fighters are at there best it is a easy win for Haye.But if Haye is say only 60-70% then my gamble will be the most likely outcome
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #684 on: July 14, 2012, 07:38:04 PM »

What time is the Haye v Chisora fight scheduled to start please.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 14, 2012, 07:48:36 PM »

Depends on the undercard, innit? Estimated 9.45-10pm.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #686 on: July 14, 2012, 08:03:11 PM »

Depends on the undercard, innit? Estimated 9.45-10pm.

ty

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 14, 2012, 08:32:50 PM »

While I'm here, let me address the "I won't watch cos they're a disgrace to boxing" question.

I think there are two separate issues. Most people became fed up with Haye acting like a dick, shooting his mouth off, using decapitation and gang-rape as metaphors for what he would do to opponents and generally overstating his ability. They tolerated it while he was winning, but when he came up short against Wlad, there wasn't much sympathy from a public he had turned off. Combined with that, we have Chisora, who just seems to be a complete low-life. The events in Germany alienated the public further, even more so as their arrogance and behaviour was contrasted against the more civilised demeanour of both Klitschkos. People also felt, to some extent, that they had let the country down.

I think these are the real reasons that people are alienated from this pair. The "unseemly brawl", such as it was, was no worse than numerous others that have occurred previously and they were no more a "disgrace to boxing" for that than all the others who have indulged in this type of thing. I don't really believe those who say they are not going to watch because of the punch-up that occurred, such as it was. Two of the worst incidents in the past were largely due to Holmes and Lewis, but they remained heroes and people kept watching them.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 14, 2012, 09:00:03 PM »

I've relented and I'm going to watch it. Basically due to the fact I've had a bet on it.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 14, 2012, 09:21:30 PM »

I'm alienated because the fight felt like a con job from the start. This grudge match guff is hard to buy into. Also I paid £15 for Haye's last fight, his big world title shot, and it worked out at about £3 per punch.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: