blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:54:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1138577 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: July 16, 2012, 12:39:29 AM »

Freddie Roach says Khan wants a rematch in the UK. Garcia can fight for a million dollars in the US (he got half that this time) and has no real reason to take on a better boxer who has no titles.

Step up to 147 and fight a British joker so that he doesn't lose 3 on the bounce. Get back to winning or hang up your gloves

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 16, 2012, 02:31:17 AM »

Actually think now is the perfect time for him to take on Kell Brook.  It is literally the only fight that can get him back up and Brook isn't a real banger so is ideal for Khan who should be able to look good against him.  It is obviously a big risk but I think at this stage Khan has to take a fight like that.  I think pretty much any other fight would have to be at a level and with a crowd that Khan would find difficult to get up for properly.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 16, 2012, 07:25:59 AM »

Actually think now is the perfect time for him to take on Kell Brook.  It is literally the only fight that can get him back up and Brook isn't a real banger so is ideal for Khan who should be able to look good against him.  It is obviously a big risk but I think at this stage Khan has to take a fight like that.  I think pretty much any other fight would have to be at a level and with a crowd that Khan would find difficult to get up for properly.

Agree. The fight would be a massive seller over here and the winner would be in line for a title shot.  It also has a big attraction for Brook as a win would give him far greater recognition.  Would be a very interesting fight.  I'm also looking for tasty odds on Garcia's opponent next time he is in with someone world class as I'm pretty sure they will be value on the back of Saturday's result. A decent boxer with a defence will school him.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 16, 2012, 10:06:58 AM »

Agree. The fight would be a massive seller over here and the winner would be in line for a title shot.  It also has a big attraction for Brook as a win would give him far greater recognition.  Would be a very interesting fight.  I'm also looking for tasty odds on Garcia's opponent next time he is in with someone world class as I'm pretty sure they will be value on the back of Saturday's result. A decent boxer with a defence will school him.

+1 to both of these

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 16, 2012, 12:43:12 PM »

Khan at 6-4 plus would be a bet... and I agree with Bazza Garcia could be worth opposing next time
demetri1978

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 18, 2012, 06:55:01 PM »

Khan vs Brook makes the most sense right now imo (for both fighters)
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 18, 2012, 08:44:35 PM »

Khan vs Brook makes the most sense right now imo (for both fighters)

Maybe too risky for khan - if he was beat surely means end of career.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 18, 2012, 09:00:52 PM »

I don't think Kell needs to take it either. He is on the up and I see Kahn as a side ways step. Does Kell not say Kahn always dodged him?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 18, 2012, 09:52:48 PM »

While I'm here, let me address the "I won't watch cos they're a disgrace to boxing" question.

I think there are two separate issues. Most people became fed up with Haye acting like a dick, shooting his mouth off, using decapitation and gang-rape as metaphors for what he would do to opponents and generally overstating his ability. They tolerated it while he was winning, but when he came up short against Wlad, there wasn't much sympathy from a public he had turned off. Combined with that, we have Chisora, who just seems to be a complete low-life. The events in Germany alienated the public further, even more so as their arrogance and behaviour was contrasted against the more civilised demeanour of both Klitschkos. People also felt, to some extent, that they had let the country down.

I think these are the real reasons that people are alienated from this pair. The "unseemly brawl", such as it was, was no worse than numerous others that have occurred previously and they were no more a "disgrace to boxing" for that than all the others who have indulged in this type of thing. I don't really believe those who say they are not going to watch because of the punch-up that occurred, such as it was. Two of the worst incidents in the past were largely due to Holmes and Lewis, but they remained heroes and people kept watching them.

Lewis how?
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 18, 2012, 11:04:15 PM »

I don't think Kell needs to take it either. He is on the up and I see Kahn as a side ways step. Does Kell not say Kahn always dodged him?

Think Kell would love the fight to happen

Satellite King
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 18, 2012, 11:23:30 PM »

Think Kell would love the fight to happen
I follow Eddie Hearn on twitter and get the impression that they don't need Kahn do much any more

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 18, 2012, 11:30:57 PM »

While I'm here, let me address the "I won't watch cos they're a disgrace to boxing" question.

I think there are two separate issues. Most people became fed up with Haye acting like a dick, shooting his mouth off, using decapitation and gang-rape as metaphors for what he would do to opponents and generally overstating his ability. They tolerated it while he was winning, but when he came up short against Wlad, there wasn't much sympathy from a public he had turned off. Combined with that, we have Chisora, who just seems to be a complete low-life. The events in Germany alienated the public further, even more so as their arrogance and behaviour was contrasted against the more civilised demeanour of both Klitschkos. People also felt, to some extent, that they had let the country down.

I think these are the real reasons that people are alienated from this pair. The "unseemly brawl", such as it was, was no worse than numerous others that have occurred previously and they were no more a "disgrace to boxing" for that than all the others who have indulged in this type of thing. I don't really believe those who say they are not going to watch because of the punch-up that occurred, such as it was. Two of the worst incidents in the past were largely due to Holmes and Lewis, but they remained heroes and people kept watching them.

Lewis how?

He had a joint interview with Rahman that turned into a wrestling match that smashed up half the set. Both to blame to start with, or even a bit more Rahman, but then Lewis kept coming back for more.

Holmes had a dust-up in the car-park with Berbick and then ran over the top of a car like a runaway walrus to land a surprisingly impressive drop-kick.

It's all on YouTube.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 18, 2012, 11:41:59 PM »

I'll check it out tyty
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 19, 2012, 01:51:05 AM »

I'm sorry to say I thought the Lewis vs Rahman brawl was tremendous. Needless to say disgusting behaviour but very entertaining all the same. Funny how everybody on set is looking to break up the fight but quickly realise nobody present actually has the ability to do so. This sort of genuine incident gets you excited about a fight whereas Haye and Chisora put on a punch and judy show.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 19, 2012, 02:10:08 AM »

Didn't realise Kahn was only 25, seems a bit mad to suggest he should consider retirement. He desperately needs a reality check as he definitely has some skillz but if he wanted to fight Mayweather for any reason other than a huge payday then he's delusional.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: