blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:41:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1144001 times)
Yian

View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: May 26, 2013, 05:38:53 AM »

Where can I watch the fight again without paying? Couldn't give it my full attention at DTD tonight.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: May 26, 2013, 05:41:07 AM »

Kessler just had what might be the last fight of his career, taken 100 punches in the face, has handed over his belt and immediately gives a glowing interview, smiling, in a foreign language.

Whilst it would be good for Froch to have a second shot against Ward, I don't see that being a contest like a rematch would.

Ward is another cut from the same cloth as those 2, and hopefully Eddie picks up the phone Smiley

Ward is a level above, IMO. Would be a big payday. He is in a difficult spot, because that was arguably Froch's best performance of his career. Seems luke the worst time to retire, but I can't pick a progressive fight for him at that weight.

Ward is definitely the better boxer, but I was just talking about the way he conducts himself etc.

I think Froch is just a warrior, he lost to Ward so will want to try and avenge the defeat. Not sure that he'll be able to, but he will want to give it another spin I think.

I dont think he will either and I would be a big backer of Ward at 1/2 in UK and 1/4 in States but it would be interesting to see Froch try and just plough through him and try and go toe to toe.  I think that Ward might be too fast for that but it is Frochs only chance imo.

Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: May 26, 2013, 10:33:43 AM »

Where can I watch the fight again without paying? Couldn't give it my full attention at DTD tonight.

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1218 on: May 26, 2013, 10:44:51 AM »

Also really struggle to see what Froch does now. I just think Ward would be boring and the same result. Groves would be a hiding to nothing. Really think the only good option would be Froch vs Kessler III in Vegas and hype it as a Ward vs Gatti, Hagler vs Hearns, Barrera vs Morales type super fight and give both men the send offs they deserve.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: May 26, 2013, 12:27:37 PM »

Didn't see you there mate should've come and said hi!

I've never been into boxing at all, never really watched a fight all the way through, but followed this and was enthralled by it. It was absolutely brilliant entertainment and I fully echo those comments about the class of both. Makes me sick watching football where 95% don't have an ounce of the class of other sports persons.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: May 26, 2013, 03:13:24 PM »

Kessler just had what might be the last fight of his career, taken 100 punches in the face, has handed over his belt and immediately gives a glowing interview, smiling, in a foreign language.

Whilst it would be good for Froch to have a second shot against Ward, I don't see that being a contest like a rematch would.

Ward is another cut from the same cloth as those 2, and hopefully Eddie picks up the phone Smiley

Ward is a level above, IMO. Would be a big payday. He is in a difficult spot, because that was arguably Froch's best performance of his career. Seems luke the worst time to retire, but I can't pick a progressive fight for him at that weight.

Ward is definitely the better boxer, but I was just talking about the way he conducts himself etc.

I think Froch is just a warrior, he lost to Ward so will want to try and avenge the defeat. Not sure that he'll be able to, but he will want to give it another spin I think.

I dont think he will either and I would be a big backer of Ward at 1/2 in UK and 1/4 in States but it would be interesting to see Froch try and just plough through him and try and go toe to toe.  I think that Ward might be too fast for that but it is Frochs only chance imo.

I'd like to see it again though, but I think the commentators were right with regards to Eddie not having enough money to get Ward this side of the pond for it. Still, Vegas is an option and that would pad out Froch's retirement fund nicely!

Whatever happens now, Froch is a legend in the game and even if he does lose to Ward again it won't matter in the overall scheme of things. Would be great if he could do a Lewis though and avenge both defeats before knocking it on the head.

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 26, 2013, 05:53:42 PM »

Best non-football sports event I've ever been to. Hoarse as hell, hungover like a champ and would do it all again right now if I could. GTFI Carl Froch.

IT was never 8 rounds apart though. I had it as 2/3 rounds for Froch.

Ward or retire for me. Hopkins is lose-lose.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1222 on: May 26, 2013, 06:43:43 PM »

Best non-football sports event I've ever been to. Hoarse as hell, hungover like a champ and would do it all again right now if I could. GTFI Carl Froch.

The thing with boxing is that if you had it three rounds to Froch and someone had scored it the same as you, except for two rounds that you gave to Kessler and they gave them to Froch, then that's a swing of four rounds - so they'd have Froch winning by seven rounds.  It's only a two-round difference in close rounds that will give a four-point difference in the scoring.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: May 26, 2013, 07:25:14 PM »

I hear you Dan but 8?
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1224 on: May 26, 2013, 07:34:41 PM »

I actually thought 8 rounds to Froch was fine, I think he edged all the close rounds because of his work rate.

Of course that doesn't tell the whole story of the fight and seems overly harsh to Kessler because overall it was a close bout, but round by round I think Froch's volume nicked the close rounds.
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: May 26, 2013, 08:45:51 PM »

This....

Really enjoyed it last night........getting away from the O2 was the worst experience ever.  I had Froch by 2 and was shocked that 1 judge had him by 8.  Proper goose pimples when the ring announcer did his stuff.

Awesome night.
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: May 30, 2013, 01:50:20 PM »

Oh wow
Mayweather vs Alvarez
http://boxingnewsonline.net/latest/news/floyd-mayweather-and-saul-alvarez-will-meet-on-september-14

Watching this. 

Satellite King
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: May 30, 2013, 07:34:36 PM »

Mayweather UD. Wide.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: May 30, 2013, 08:09:42 PM »

↑↑↑
What he said.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: June 01, 2013, 11:03:53 PM »

Just watched the gloves are off for the super middle weights. Anyone know if Collins' injury story is true?
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: