blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:15:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1138537 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: July 14, 2013, 12:58:32 AM »

Brook was the better fighter tonight but he's in a really tough division. I don't see it being a problem as such, as long as he doesn't get over-hyped. It was important for him to win tonight and I'm pleased he got to draw a line under the last year.

Campbell could hardly have had a better debut. Technically, he looked absolutely fantastic. So well balanced and very quick hands. Going to need to be quick to rise through the ranks at 25, though.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: July 14, 2013, 07:19:01 AM »

Looking forward too hearing who Kells fighting next

Satellite King
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: July 14, 2013, 07:51:17 AM »

Brook did well tonight, but struggled to get his opponent out of there again. Thought the ref stopped it too early, as his opponent was still defending himself and didn't look hurt.

Not sure if Brook has the power to hurt world class welterweights, but we'll see. Classy boxer and nice combinations at times, but is he truly world-class?

It was what is becoming commonly known as a "British Stoppage". That never gets stopped in a US ring at that point as whilst Jones was shipping a few he wasn't badly hurt. As for Brooks power I don't think it will trouble any world class welter and I think it will take a fine piece of matchmaking for him to win a world title. The consensus last night seemed to be that Mosley is who is being lined up for September.

Campbell looked very good, jury out on Ogogo though for me.

Also Sky really really need to get a new commentary team.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1248 on: July 14, 2013, 08:44:28 AM »

Missed the Ogogo fight.  He didn't look that impressive then?  Had high hopes for him to go a long way.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: July 14, 2013, 08:51:49 AM »

Missed the Ogogo fight.  He didn't look that impressive then?  Had high hopes for him to go a long way.

Lack of punching power will be an issue when he steps up (he caught his opponent on the ear and burst his ear drum which scrambled him, prior to that hadn't troubled his opponent at all). Technically good and he was up against a decent opponent in only his 3rd fight but I wasn't all that impressed. Early days though in fairness.
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: July 14, 2013, 09:02:25 AM »

Brook did well tonight, but struggled to get his opponent out of there again. Thought the ref stopped it too early, as his opponent was still defending himself and didn't look hurt.

Not sure if Brook has the power to hurt world class welterweights, but we'll see. Classy boxer and nice combinations at times, but is he truly world-class?

It was what is becoming commonly known as a "British Stoppage". That never gets stopped in a US ring at that point as whilst Jones was shipping a few he wasn't badly hurt. As for Brooks power I don't think it will trouble any world class welter and I think it will take a fine piece of matchmaking for him to win a world title. The consensus last night seemed to be that Mosley is who is being lined up for September.

Campbell looked very good, jury out on Ogogo though for me.

Also Sky really really need to get a new commentary team.

Sugar Shane Mosely that's a great fight for Kell to get back in the mix, although he'll have too step it up another gear and be prepared to go the full 12 rounds...

Satellite King
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1251 on: July 14, 2013, 09:47:57 AM »

Lack of punching power will be an issue when he steps up (he caught his opponent on the ear and burst his ear drum which scrambled him, prior to that hadn't troubled his opponent at all). Technically good and he was up against a decent opponent in only his 3rd fight but I wasn't all that impressed. Early days though in fairness.

I agree that Ogogo is technically sound, and with a bit more quality coaching I'm sure his punching power will develop (possibly).  Think he's a fighter I hope fulfils his potential.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: July 14, 2013, 09:58:43 AM »

Re sky getting a new commentary team, I would love Nick Halling back doing the NFL coverage, even though I think he does a good job in this.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: July 14, 2013, 10:05:44 AM »

Re sky getting a new commentary team, I would love Nick Halling back doing the NFL coverage, even though I think he does a good job in this.

No thank you

Not a boxing man, but he can stick his NFL expertise where the sun doesn't shine. Hideous "expert"

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: July 14, 2013, 10:06:51 AM »

No thank you

Not a boxing man, but he can stick his NFL expertise where the sun doesn't shine. Hideous "expert"

Sad

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: July 14, 2013, 09:41:59 PM »

Agree.

Even more so Hopkins Jones.

This is why the likes of Mayweather will never go into the legendary category. People like Leonard must yawn at it all.

Not really a reason to hate boxing though.  Just a reason to admire more people like Carl Froch who take them all on.

Yes, fair enough. I just hate the politics. Boxing could learn a lot from UFC.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: July 16, 2013, 01:08:11 PM »

Tyson Fury will learn a lot from UFC if the challenge he made to fight Cain Velasquez in the octagon ever gets made a reality.

I lol'd when he said he'd "fight Cain, then go back to boxing" and some comedian apparently suggested that should have read "fight Cain and go back in a box."
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: July 16, 2013, 04:44:38 PM »

Audley Harrison was the same plane home from Vegas as me.

Fck me he's a big unit.

I bet precisely zero of the people who call him Audrey would dare say it to his face.

He'd break them in two.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: July 16, 2013, 04:48:19 PM »

Fck me he's a big unit.

I bet precisely zero of the people who call him Audrey would dare say it to his face.

He'd tell them he'd break them in two and then not throw a punch

FYP

Sent from a safehouse.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1259 on: July 16, 2013, 04:49:29 PM »

Fck me he's a big unit.

He'd break them in two.

That's the annoying thing about him.  He's got all the natural attributes to be a top-class heavyweight boxer: speed, size, strength, power, technique.  The thing he doesn't have is the drive or the bottle.  Shame really.

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: