blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:33:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1138795 times)
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: September 08, 2013, 03:43:06 PM »

the judges never seem to be held accountable for the scoring or have to explain themselves. when they release the scorecards you wonder what the hell they have been watching. the same old names are always cropping time and time again

no wonder most people thinks it bent

close fights you cant complain about because it so open to interpretation but sometimes they are just way out

the whole scoring system should be changed or at least simplified from what it is now

I hate the way the amateurs are scored.  Realistically a fighter could get a couple of clean but very light punches in early in a round and then get rocked and be totally dominated for the rest of a round and still win that round.  There has to be the ability to score on the more subjective factors like workrate, big punches etc in the pro game.

There is, of course, an easy to understand system with the amateurs, but the sport will always be mired by accusations of dodgy decisions. I'd say there's a fair chance it's better now than it used to be.

I like your idea of visible accountability, tho.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: September 08, 2013, 04:14:38 PM »

the judges never seem to be held accountable for the scoring or have to explain themselves. when they release the scorecards you wonder what the hell they have been watching. the same old names are always cropping time and time again

no wonder most people thinks it bent

close fights you cant complain about because it so open to interpretation but sometimes they are just way out

the whole scoring system should be changed or at least simplified from what it is now

There is, of course, an easy to understand system with the amateurs, but the sport will always be mired by accusations of dodgy decisions. I'd say there's a fair chance it's better now than it used to be.

I like your idea of visible accountability, tho.

I hate the way the amateurs are scored.  Realistically a fighter could get a couple of clean but very light punches in early in a round and then get rocked and be totally dominated for the rest of a round and still win that round.  There has to be the ability to score on the more subjective factors like workrate, big punches etc in the pro game.

And I completely agree with that.

But art is fundamentally subjective and this is why this is so difficult to police. I think gymnastics and diving have it about right with the balance of the technical execution and the less tangible elements. They judge not on a head to head basis, though. Sports like Greco Roman wrestling have had terrible trouble in recent years with their archaic scoring systems.

Armchair watchers like to see the ball land on the green, the red drop into the corner pocket and the javelin land further than everyone else's. We like the transparency of those games.

Bring back the old days of 15 rounds and a round ended when someone was floored!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: September 08, 2013, 04:34:51 PM »

Paddy Power have paid out on all Beltran as per if he won on points
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: September 08, 2013, 04:53:25 PM »

Burns whole career in doubt according to some reports due to the jaw injury

Carpe Diem
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: September 08, 2013, 05:14:09 PM »

Really hope Ricky can get through this.  He clearly should have lost the fight but I think you can excuse him the performance given he dislocated his jaw.  All told it was an incredibly gutsy performance really.

Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: September 08, 2013, 05:50:44 PM »

Burns whole career in doubt according to some reports due to the jaw injury

They are going to hype that stuff up tho, the worse his jaw is then it makes his performance not seem all that bad.

Obv hope it gets fixed an that he carrys on, after all we want too watch the rematch.

Satellite King
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: September 10, 2013, 01:25:21 PM »

5 days to go

Long live King Canello

Satellite King
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: September 10, 2013, 01:27:25 PM »

5 days to go

Long live King Canello

I watched the All Access series yesterday, and quite like Alvarez after watching.

Think I might have a few quid on him and the draw for a sweat*

*Or pay to watch my money evaporate as Mayweather ghosts his way through 12 rounds

Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: September 10, 2013, 01:51:07 PM »

Ive watched 1-3 episodes All Access have u got link for 4th?

Cannelo win KO in 5th

Satellite King
kano

View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: September 10, 2013, 11:23:45 PM »

Can't see past a Mayweather Pts. decision, hoping for a great fight.

I'm looking forward to Garcia vs Matthysse nearly as much as the main fight.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: September 11, 2013, 10:23:05 AM »

Ive watched 1-3 episodes All Access have u got link for 4th?

Cannelo win KO in 5th

I've only seen the first three myself mate, but will post up the 4th once I see it online.

I'd like to think we'll say Mayweather hitting the canvas, but it just never happens...

Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: September 11, 2013, 12:57:39 PM »

4 days excited

Satellite King
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: September 11, 2013, 09:12:42 PM »

I find these odds quite interesting

http://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/floyd-mayweather-v-saul-alvarez/final-judgement

Surely it is closer than the odds on for a mayweather unanimous decision? Most experts seem to think it will go the distance and if so it must be worth a couple of quid on each for a split decision?

I don't know enough about boxing so am only going by all of the reports on the tin- ter- net, the under 11.5 market at around 5/2 seems good enough if done with a split decision?

Any thoughts from the blonde experts?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: September 11, 2013, 09:35:02 PM »

I'm no expert, but I would imagine it's either a KO to the ginger assassin, or UD for the Money Team.

malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: September 11, 2013, 09:43:24 PM »

dont even think canelo has got the power to ko mayweather

split decision for mayweather could be worth a shot at that price as we only saw last week how bent judges can be and the promoters mite want to look after canelo as he still is a cash cow after this fight either way
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: