blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 04:19:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273474 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1169953 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: June 01, 2014, 05:05:25 AM »

I'd have felt totally ripped-off if I'd paid £16+ for that on ppv.

I can believe it if you're greening out a tenspot on a 40/1 shot @ 20s Wink

I guess unlike young Groves I must've seen that right hook coming Wink

Grin

His tweet was pretty funny

Retweeted George Groves (@StGeorgeGroves):

Haven't watched it back properly yet but I think... I got knocked the fuck out!😴🙈 #Rematch lol Wink

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: June 01, 2014, 08:44:27 AM »

Was a strange fight. It LOOKED like Froch was comfortable all the way through and not getting hit, but all the clips post round were of Froch missing and Groves hitting.

Towards the end Froch looked easily on top and I just wish GG had been a bit more humble in the immediate post fight interview.

Sadly Froch couldn't have waited an extra thirty seconds and waited till the ninth. Grrrr

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: June 01, 2014, 03:21:06 PM »

Interestingly Eddie Hearn tweeted today that the judges cards at the point of knockout were that 2 had Froch a point ahead and one had Groves a point ahead.  Seemed about right to me.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: June 01, 2014, 05:28:27 PM »

Interestingly Eddie Hearn tweeted today that the judges cards at the point of knockout were that 2 had Froch a point ahead and one had Groves a point ahead.  Seemed about right to me.

Yeah couldn't argue with 4-3 either way. Groves was winning the 8th as well before getting tagged.
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: June 01, 2014, 09:29:18 PM »

Thoroughly enjoyed it last night.  First time I've been to Wembley and was impressed even if everything was so fkin expensive.  Waiting on Wembley way for a tube is brutal though.

One thing that was annoying was the fact that there was over 10,000 empty seats!  WTF was that all about, when it was supposed to be sold out?
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: June 02, 2014, 03:18:38 PM »

http://www.boxinginsider.com/columns/al-haymon-bob-arum-oscar-de-la-hoya-theyve-got-nothing-eddie-hearn/
malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: June 02, 2014, 03:34:48 PM »

Thoroughly enjoyed it last night.  First time I've been to Wembley and was impressed even if everything was so fkin expensive.  Waiting on Wembley way for a tube is brutal though.

One thing that was annoying was the fact that there was over 10,000 empty seats!  WTF was that all about, when it was supposed to be sold out?

yeh was a sell out for what they were allowed to sell, they couldnt go over a certain number due to floor seating and transport rules something like that.

where abouts did you sit could see anything or end up watching on the big screens??

i though it looked amazing on the box

i am no fan of the place its all pain to me prices, having a booze round wembley, transport, never had a belting a view even for football
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: June 03, 2014, 10:49:44 PM »

Was sat in block 505 in the upper tier.  View was ok, spent more time looking at the screens above the ring, as my eyes seemed to get drawn to them.

Going back in Sept for the NFL, this time in the lower end zone, will see what that's like.
demetri1978

View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: June 04, 2014, 01:46:30 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipjSQm0zgoQ

super fight this Saturday ^^^
demetri1978

View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: June 04, 2014, 02:09:30 PM »

great build up ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z9QJ6ggb6I&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop
malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: June 04, 2014, 03:37:03 PM »

always liked cotto but not sure how he can win this unless age and injuries catch up with martinez

its at 159lbs which is only a pound under not sure that will bother martinez much he never seemed to be the biggest of middleweights
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 03:40:30 PM by malt vinegar » Logged
demetri1978

View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: June 05, 2014, 02:46:35 PM »

always liked cotto but not sure how he can win this unless age and injuries catch up with martinez

its at 159lbs which is only a pound under not sure that will bother martinez much he never seemed to be the biggest of middleweights

agree ,but Martinez is slipping imo ,problem is so is Cotto
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: June 05, 2014, 10:38:26 PM »

I've backed Maravilla. I can't buy a winner at present so he probably snaps his ACL. Seriously though if Martinez is fit and well Cotto is in for a long night. Martinez has the edge in almost every department, the only real question mark is over his fitness.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: June 06, 2014, 05:36:34 PM »

I've backed Maravilla. I can't buy a winner at present so he probably snaps his ACL. Seriously though if Martinez is fit and well Cotto is in for a long night. Martinez has the edge in almost every department, the only real question mark is over his fitness.

And Andy Lee is on the undercard at light middleweight, gotta wonder how the tall fella will handle making the weight.

Is the price right for having another banzai on your boy Ovil McKenzie?
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: June 06, 2014, 07:45:07 PM »

And Andy Lee is on the undercard at light middleweight, gotta wonder how the tall fella will handle making the weight.

Is the price right for having another banzai on your boy Ovil McKenzie?

I'm a bit sick at missing the best of the prices on Jackson.  Lee has been awful since the JCC fight (he was never that great before), and I can't see the step down doing him any favours.  Jackson hits hard and if he is weight drained at all he will get starched.

Nah time to oppose Ovill this time around.  I think there's been an overreaction to him stopping the very chinny Conquest.  We are only getting 10/1 Ovill 1-3 when it was 20/1 last time out (still a bit sick that never scooped) and JLD has a solid chin unlike Conquest.  JLD is rarely pleasing on the eye but has an effective style for this level and comfortably dealt with Dawson (another crude slugger) last time out.  Ovill will be dangerous early but I expect JLD to keep him at length early on before starting to dominate when Ovill's starts to tire.  JLD will use his extra bulk up close to aid that process.  I've taken the 4/6 JLD but also had a tickle on JLD 10-12 at 16s as we know Ovill doesn't have the best engine and his tank might empty much like Dawson's did late on.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: