blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:58:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1143917 times)
demetri1978

View Profile
« Reply #1950 on: July 27, 2014, 04:46:19 PM »

this was a good  fight last night ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iBZj045ZT8&feature=youtu.be

imagine this dude vs Mayweather !!!
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: July 27, 2014, 06:50:56 PM »

I'd like to see him fight Ward.
demetri1978

View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: July 27, 2014, 11:42:50 PM »

I'd like to see him fight Ward.

i don't think it would be close at all ,would end up something like the Froch/Ward fight ...Ward to good for his own good
demetri1978

View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: August 09, 2014, 04:17:11 PM »

tonight on box nation Danny Garcia vs Rod Salka

http://www.boxnation.com/
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: August 09, 2014, 08:58:31 PM »

tonight on box nation Danny Garcia vs Rod Salka

http://www.boxnation.com/

I don't miss many fights but I'll happily pass on this one. It's a disgrace of a fight and the undercard isn't much better.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: August 09, 2014, 09:10:12 PM »

In amongst all that American politics it's great to see Kovalev Hopkins coming together.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: August 09, 2014, 09:25:03 PM »

In amongst all that American politics it's great to see Kovalev Hopkins coming together.

Yeah that's one of the few fights that have been made recently that has got me interested. Kovalev surely too big and strong? No one spoils better than Hopkins though. I think this goes 12.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: August 09, 2014, 09:37:05 PM »

Yeah that's one of the few fights that have been made recently that has got me interested. Kovalev surely too big and strong? No one spoils better than Hopkins though. I think this goes 12.

Rightly or wrongly, I have real difficulty watching Hopkins fighting. I'm not a medical person, so I should arguably accept that those in the know are ok with it, but we've seen how dangerous a sport this is even at much lower weights, time and time again. I also know that boxing has - at least historically - had problems with putting the spectacle above the best interests of the fighters.

It's incredible that he can still compete at his age and I sure as heck wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of him, but I can't derive any pleasure from watching a 50 year old guy get hit in the head.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: August 09, 2014, 10:08:30 PM »

"Bernard, at almost 50 years old how can you possibly beat Sergey Kovalev?"

"I'm an Alien."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: August 09, 2014, 10:09:23 PM »

"Bernard, at almost 50 years old how can you possibly beat Sergey Kovalev?"

"I'm an Alien."

Grin

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: August 09, 2014, 10:10:44 PM »

Granted, that was funny

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: August 09, 2014, 11:54:43 PM »

Rightly or wrongly, I have real difficulty watching Hopkins fighting. I'm not a medical person, so I should arguably accept that those in the know are ok with it, but we've seen how dangerous a sport this is even at much lower weights, time and time again. I also know that boxing has - at least historically - had problems with putting the spectacle above the best interests of the fighters.

It's incredible that he can still compete at his age and I sure as heck wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of him, but I can't derive any pleasure from watching a 50 year old guy get hit in the head.

Generally I agree that fighters should be saved from themselves. Seeing Toney, RJJ and until recently Holyfield fighting is tragic. Hopkins however can still compete, not sure how or why but he can. As long as he can do that I'm happy to watch.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: August 10, 2014, 12:00:58 AM »

Generally I agree that fighters should be saved from themselves. Seeing Toney, RJJ and until recently Holyfield fighting is tragic. Hopkins however can still compete, not sure how or why but he can. As long as he can do that I'm happy to watch.

As I say, it isn't about ability at all; purely the morality of the sport protecting the health of its greatest proponents. It's a terribly fine balance for the authorities, though. How do you set a line without being found to discriminate by age? How can you argue with the guy's doctors clearing him? How can you take away someone who's winning? Then he finds out in five years' time he has brain damage and it's too late, the sport is subjected to awful press and the image of safety first is as horribly tarnished as it was 20 years ago

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: August 10, 2014, 12:02:45 AM »

That Toney fight was horrendous, and it was criminal that they allowed it to go ahead after the interviews etc.

donttiltboy

View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: August 10, 2014, 09:23:50 AM »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/frank-maloney-sex-change-boxing-4030910#.U-b-72K9KSM
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: