blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:51:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1144101 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3420 on: April 27, 2016, 05:58:14 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36152683

You have to think Fury is actually speaking the truth.  I don't think he gives a shit about boxing and doesn't actually enjoy it at all.  He doesn't give a fuck about his PR image in the slightest even though potentially it is costing him millions over the next 5 years.  You just think he is taking the easy cash whilst it is on offer and not going to change his beliefs (most of which are totally out of order in 2016) but fair play to him in some ways if he is keeping it real.  So few don't sell out nowadays in modern sport and stick to their beliefs/roots.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 06:13:21 PM by arbboy » Logged
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: April 27, 2016, 08:25:38 PM »

18 minutes in and I'm in hysterics. Fury still has his red IBF belt on display refusing to acknowledge AJ as the champ. Wlad dropped an f-bomb. Then there's the first media question where the Irish radio lady must be a plant. Tyson and fat Mick look thick as thieves when she's accusing Wlad of cheating.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: April 27, 2016, 09:02:36 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36152683

You have to think Fury is actually speaking the truth.  I don't think he gives a shit about boxing and doesn't actually enjoy it at all.  He doesn't give a fuck about his PR image in the slightest even though potentially it is costing him millions over the next 5 years.  You just think he is taking the easy cash whilst it is on offer and not going to change his beliefs (most of which are totally out of order in 2016) but fair play to him in some ways if he is keeping it real.  So few don't sell out nowadays in modern sport and stick to their beliefs/roots.

Giving too much of a shit is why Wlad couldn't pull the trigger in the first match. It's why he fought like a nit despite having an ATG laggy coach (Manny Steward RIP). Now he needs to change the habbit of a lifetime in order to win the rematch.

Your onto something with the PR thing. You're thinking like Eddie Hearn. He's not leaving a penny on the table with AJ. Hearn's already name dropping AJ as SPOTY. He's also the only one with a vested financial interest in winning the award and SPOTY is something Hearn can use as leverage when it comes to negotiations with Fury and how to divvy up an 8 figure purse. Meanwhile Tyson and Fat Mick are having the time of their lives at this presser.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: April 29, 2016, 02:24:03 AM »

18 minutes in and I'm in hysterics. Fury still has his red IBF belt on display refusing to acknowledge AJ as the champ. Wlad dropped an f-bomb. Then there's the first media question where the Irish radio lady must be a plant. Tyson and fat Mick look thick as thieves when she's accusing Wlad of cheating.

Funny, always thought he was a cock but at least gave me a bit of a laugh with this stuff..  Smiley
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: April 29, 2016, 10:03:12 AM »

Looks like Ward v Kovalev fight is going to happen!

I THINK Ward wins. People forget how good a boxer he is, and while Kovalev us a beast, I think Ward will beat him on points fairly handily
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: April 30, 2016, 12:02:29 AM »

Hughie Fury - Fred Kassi is listed as a 10 rounder on Warren's running order. I still like Hughie on points but not as much as earlier today when I lumped on.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: May 01, 2016, 01:22:10 AM »

Hughie Fury - Fred Kassi is listed as a 10 rounder on Warren's running order. I still like Hughie on points but not as much as earlier today when I lumped on.

*12 it was indeed 12. Hughie Fury romps to a TD after an accidental clash of heads. He really does looks a class act.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: May 01, 2016, 09:40:58 AM »

*12 it was indeed 12. Hughie Fury romps to a TD after an accidental clash of heads. He really does looks a class act.

Yeah Hughie won that without ever getting out of first gear. Lack of punching power obviously an issue but that should develop a bit as he matures but he will box the ears off of most heavyweights at the minute. Last night also confirmed just how bad Breazeale is.
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: May 01, 2016, 07:49:40 PM »

Tyson Fury claims he will retire after the Klitschko fight regardless of the result.

Tyson doing Tyson things or will he Jack it in?

Personally think he gets smeared all over by Wilder and Joshua and knows it. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he does retire just so he can bang on about how he is the best heavyweight of his generation without having to prove it.

Disclaimer :

I can't stand the lumbering, horrible, bigoted moron. My views are absolutely influenced by this.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: May 01, 2016, 08:49:32 PM »

Tyson Fury claims he will retire after the Klitschko fight regardless of the result.

Tyson doing Tyson things or will he Jack it in?

Personally think he gets smeared all over by Wilder and Joshua and knows it. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he does retire just so he can bang on about how he is the best heavyweight of his generation without having to prove it.

Disclaimer :

I can't stand the lumbering, horrible, bigoted moron. My views are absolutely influenced by this.

No chance he retires. He also takes Wilder to school if they fight. AJ may be a different matter though.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: May 03, 2016, 09:58:59 PM »

Surprisingly the US media seem convinced James Degale never bet Porky Medina. Without watching every round I preferred the work Degale was doing. Degale vs Jack is a tough one to call though. Degale's old bad habit of coasting looks here to stay.

On paper it now looks like Gilberto Ramirez has the best win out of any current super middleweight.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: May 08, 2016, 12:16:32 AM »

Amazing that the only person in the whole world who thought Chisora won that fight was one of the judges. How can that happen?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: May 08, 2016, 12:23:50 AM »

Amazing that the only person in the whole world who thought Chisora won that fight was one of the judges. How can that happen?

Yeah, absolutely ridic.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: May 08, 2016, 12:53:59 AM »

It happens nearly every week now.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: May 08, 2016, 01:00:34 AM »

Good performance from Crolla but the overhyping of Barroso after stopping a shot Mitchell was unreal.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: