blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:43:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1138813 times)
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3945 on: April 23, 2017, 04:38:18 PM »

Valdez v Marriaga was a stonker of a fight and HBO will kick themselves for tuning it down. In the current TV climate the yank promoters are taking no chances on the scorecards.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: April 25, 2017, 05:43:28 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/39699356

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3947 on: April 25, 2017, 05:53:10 PM »

Respect

On the subject of nice moments with old mentors, ever seen this one?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: April 25, 2017, 06:09:28 PM »

Respect

Stop it Barry, that had me in tears, truly.

Lovely piece.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3949 on: April 25, 2017, 06:24:52 PM »

Respect

Lovely piece.

Sorry sorry sorry

Try not to cry at this one

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: April 25, 2017, 06:32:07 PM »

Respect

Lovely piece.

Sorry sorry sorry

Try not to cry at this one

Jeez, fuck off Barry.

I mean, really, it tells us that whilst the mandatory minority of society are twats, most people are essentially decent by nature.

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: April 25, 2017, 11:15:20 PM »

Oi Oi the Prince is back tonight. Charles Martin has a comeback fight in Mississippi.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: April 26, 2017, 11:02:09 PM »

The BBC's Anthony Joshua road to Klitschko is meant to be decent, has anyone watched it?

I've slapped on a few of the Sky bits as background tv and the quiz one was really funny. There's 10 questions, each boxer is asked who said the following cheesy quotation, AJ or WK? One man comes out the clear victor.
engy

View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: April 27, 2017, 12:40:51 PM »

Guys be running Murray close but he ain't dropping a decision till he steps up. Fielding will get wrecked when he steps up and Langford got wrecked.

Baz, does your man BJS dance circles around mini Mike and have you come around to young fresh AJ flattening Wlad?

Bjs is out at macklins gym in Marbella I seen him out running yesterday he looks like he's got a few pounds to lose.
BJS looks like he would struggle to make cruiser at the minute but if he is fit he boxes his ears off.

I couldn't have anything to do with AJ at the current prices given the step up in class. He could well blow the old man away but not for me at the price.

More scandalous scorecards in the Valdez v Marriaga fight last night. I had backed Marriaga at a price and had it close enough to think he had a glimmer in the cards. I should have known better.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: April 27, 2017, 12:44:53 PM »

The BBC's Anthony Joshua road to Klitschko is meant to be decent, has anyone watched it?

I've slapped on a few of the Sky bits as background tv and the quiz one was really funny. There's 10 questions, each boxer is asked who said the following cheesy quotation, AJ or WK? One man comes out the clear victor.

Yes watched the bbc show.  Was a good watch albeit it how carefully managed and PR'd AJ seems to be he does overly come across as a bit fake given his past.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 12:47:54 PM by arbboy » Logged
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: April 27, 2017, 07:20:07 PM »

Yes watched the bbc show.  Was a good watch albeit it how carefully managed and PR'd AJ seems to be he does overly come across as a bit fake given his past.

Bruv, does you not watch tv. He's a bad boy gone good.

See the way he holds his mummies hand, he's a walking billboard good boy.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: April 28, 2017, 04:02:24 PM »

With the level of interest shown in Joshua Klitschko we're nowhere near having an separate thread like for May-Pac (yes we can still smell it, even to this date).  Hatton, Froch and Haye all manage to deliver in the entertainment stakes. Klitschko however, he can stink any joint out. Everyman and their dog has a preview on the main even, so here are my thoughts on the undercard.

We kick off with 3x 2016 Olympians. With the new amateur scoring rules, 3 minute rounds, and lack of headguards, the gap between amateurs and pro's is thinner than ever. On the flip side bookies are doing a better job of pricing up their bouts. At a glance there are high vigs and a lack of ricks.

Katie Taylor 4-0, she is fighting in what is claimed to be a step up in competition. A big issue is the 2 minute rounds. 20 minutes of action and 9 minutes of rest is not conducive to producing KO's. The long term angle is to back points at odds against and ride out the variance. So far points has landed in 2/4 of Taylor's bouts and in Nicola Adam's sole bout.

Luke Campbell has a very respectable opponent in Darleys Perez, ex champ and twice former Anthony Crolla foe. The last few occasions Campbell's KO price has looked shortish he's gone and made a mockery of it. I'm back cautiously back on the Luke Campbell KO bandwagon. If you can't back Luke Campbell up then the lead left hand to the body will give you fits. I'll get off the bandwagon when he comes up against a smart pressure fighter, or a big strong unit. For the time being there's still some 10/11 KO with Blacktype. The price is shorting after Perez missed weight by a pound and hasn't re-appeared an hour later for a second weigh in. We don't really know how much notice he received with the fight announced just 3 weeks in advance.

Scott Quigg faces former Lee Selby opponent Viorel Simion. At 1/20 odds on for the win, I'd expected Quigg to be slightly favoured to win by KO although the bookies have gone 4/7 points and 7/4 stoppage. Simion had a credble points loss to Selby but that was 3 years ago. Selby was only British champ and Simion was 32, the latter peak age for a small man. Selby aka the Welsh Mayweather is a bitch when it comes to sitting down on his punches, whereas Quigg loves to load up, especially when an opponent comes forward and is there to be hit.

As for the main event, it'll be 50/50 hind sight. Either Joshua is a hype job or Wlad will be shot. We'll learn a lot in the first couple of rounds and there'll be a liquid in-play market. With Sky setting a PPV date and fighters earning many times their usual purse, a few fighters have gone into the ring in less than perfect condition.

Bazza and co, feel free to tear this apart, or just put up your own picks  Wink
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 04:05:33 PM by McGlashan » Logged
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: April 28, 2017, 08:39:18 PM »

The joys of backing Pulev to stop Kingpin and tuning in to seeTerry O'Connor in the middle of the ring!
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: April 28, 2017, 09:10:35 PM »

The joys of backing Pulev to stop Kingpin and tuning in to seeTerry O'Connor in the middle of the ring!
Classic Kingpin thu 8. Takes an eternity to get back to his corner. This was always going to be about his stamina.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: April 28, 2017, 09:31:11 PM »

Classic Kingpin thu 8. Takes an eternity to get back to his corner. This was always going to be about his stamina.

The ropes and clinching keep Kingpin upright. We've not seen the last of him and it will shorten his life span.
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: