blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:23:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1138839 times)
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #4425 on: February 15, 2018, 12:42:30 AM »

I like Groves. His gas tank is the obvious concern but he has tools in his locker that Jnr hasn’t had to deal with before. That said it’s hard to get a real read on just how good Jnr is due to his matchmaking thus far, which is partly why it’s such an intriguing fight. It should be a great fight, really looking forward to it.

The WBSS has been absolutely superb thus far. It’s a pity it hasn’t had a higher profile. The undercard is solid as well with competitive domestic fights. The only slight criticism would be the lack of a real chief support fight but overall its superb work by Sauerlsnd. It pisses all over most of the tripe Eddie serves up.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: February 16, 2018, 01:08:39 PM »

The weigh in is 4pm on the WBSS facebook and youtube pages. Later on Joe Joyce headlines versus a can on Dave tv.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: February 16, 2018, 05:41:48 PM »

I'd hoped for more books to price up Joyce's fight but under 5.5 rounds is either being slashed or removed as an option. Boxrec list it as being cut down to 6 rounds and the opponent looks a fair step down from fatty Lewison.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: February 16, 2018, 05:47:27 PM »

Saint George didn’t look great on the scales. If he’s weight drained it’s not going to help his cause any tomorrow. Coming in 167 is an error. Doesn’t seem like much but when you are cutting every pound counts and they have basically cocked up. He should have been in bang on 168.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: February 16, 2018, 05:54:43 PM »

Saint George didn’t look great on the scales. If he’s weight drained it’s not going to help his cause any tomorrow. Coming in 167 is an error. Doesn’t seem like much but when you are cutting every pound counts and they have basically cocked up. He should have been in bang on 168.

I only saw the face off, but he didn't look too healthy.

That said, Eubank would look full at the weight if he's just a middleweight.

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: February 16, 2018, 06:48:20 PM »

Bizarrely Groves frequently overshoots to near 167lb despite what you say about 168lb.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: February 17, 2018, 10:18:23 AM »

Am up in Manchester all weekend, staying at the Deansgate Hilton, & there are all sorts of burly boxing sorts staying here too.

Is there something (boxing-wise) on in Manchester this weekend?

This rather nice piece of kit is parked outside, could it belong to Amir Khan?

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: February 17, 2018, 12:06:02 PM »

Hmm, that plate is showing up as not currently assigned and not insured.

Someone is being a little bit naughty.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: February 17, 2018, 12:39:10 PM »

Hmm, that plate is showing up as not currently assigned and not insured.

Someone is being a little bit naughty.

No surprise there in the world of Boxing.

Good spot though Grant.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: February 17, 2018, 02:39:10 PM »

Wondered where I had left it... Sorry, will get that sorted before I pick it up Wink

OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: February 17, 2018, 03:02:32 PM »

Eubank was at a sea food restaurant the night before. Sent an “enjoy your dinner George” message alongside a picture of lobster and trimmings. He was well within the weight a month ago at standing weight.

Groves is too pale to look healthy. Be a stone difference on the night.

Just managed to get tickets as they released more. Excited for this one, saw Tyson Fury wandering around town. Looks a lot closer to shape
engy

View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: February 17, 2018, 03:08:49 PM »

Tyson is there with Isaac Lowe, Camp gone really well for Isaac and he's in the best shape of his career so far, tough bout vs Ryan but strongly fancy Isaac on points
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: February 17, 2018, 03:20:25 PM »

Eubank was at a sea food restaurant the night before. Sent an “enjoy your dinner George” message alongside a picture of lobster and trimmings. He was well within the weight a month ago at standing weight.

Groves is too pale to look healthy. Be a stone difference on the night.

Just managed to get tickets as they released more. Excited for this one, saw Tyson Fury wandering around town. Looks a lot closer to shape

Lol, funny.

McGregor is pale, but you can see the difference when he weighs in at 45, and 55.

Don't doubt there will be a significant difference, if Groves is looking like he's after a part in Philadelphia 2, at the weigh ins.

Have a good night, mate. Jealous, as it would have been one I'd have loved to have gone to, if I wasn't >250 miles down the road Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: February 17, 2018, 03:36:17 PM »

Tyson is there with Isaac Lowe, Camp gone really well for Isaac and he's in the best shape of his career so far, tough bout vs Ryan but strongly fancy Isaac on points

Saw an interview with the well spoken Fury yesterday.

Think he mentioned he was there for Isaac, and said much the same as yourself.

engy

View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: February 17, 2018, 05:46:09 PM »

He's had some top class sparring with Josh Warrington he's ready
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: