blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:46:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 415517 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1980 on: May 31, 2014, 01:29:13 PM »

They aren't there to rip us off with expenses claims

Voting in UKIP candidates to be MEPs is doing exactly that. Or were you being ironic?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: May 31, 2014, 02:05:23 PM »

Et tu Mantis ? It's not about chastising people for forming ignorant views, it's about standing up and demonstrating that their view is pretty much baseless.

Very , very few non UK nationals are claiming benefits. Far less than Nationals.  If one thinks logically, not a single British person is being displaced from a job by an immigrant. Meanwhile, literally, millions have been displaced deliberately by British businesses with their global outsourcing policies.

Austerity over the last few years has been driven by big business and politicians making a huge farkin hames of things, not by new wealth generating immigrants.

The worse thing about this whole scenario is it kind of takes the heat off politicians and big business - while protest votes and some anger is aimed at innocent groups, the unbridled greed of the political and business classes continues unmolested and unchallenged.

The majority of people who advocate tighter immigration controls could not articulate a rationale as to how this would benefit everyone already here. So, you have to conclude its just an emotive thing -  'I don't like so many immigrants coming here'. It is of course a perfectly valid view, but because its based on emotion alone it sort of has to be a racist one too.

That Britain is fairly racist in outlook whilst being one of the best examples of a tolerant, cosmopolitan integrated society is no surprise to me, it's been like that for a while.

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: May 31, 2014, 02:10:57 PM »

I got lost when more people meant less schools.  I can understand if people thought their local school might become overcrowded, but worrying that more immigrants meant school closures is a new one.  And why not blame for those fellas who have spent 20 years on the dole?  Everything is "their" fault?  Maybe we should just explain why these arguments are non sensical, and not try and appease those that make them.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: May 31, 2014, 02:21:51 PM »

We've seen record levels of immigration in recent years, have we Mantis?

Show me a source pls. The Daily Mail is not a source.
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: May 31, 2014, 02:31:28 PM »

Waking up and realising u have a hangover
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1985 on: May 31, 2014, 03:16:18 PM »

Here are some immigration/emigration stats:

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/migration1/migration-statistics-quarterly-report/may-2014/sty-net-migration.html

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: May 31, 2014, 03:19:21 PM »

Here are some immigration/emigration stats:

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/migration1/migration-statistics-quarterly-report/may-2014/sty-net-migration.html

Would have also accepted OEDC stats.

Doesn't look like 'record' numbers of anything to me mind.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: May 31, 2014, 03:31:47 PM »

Et tu Mantis ? It's not about chastising people for forming ignorant views, it's about standing up and demonstrating that their view is pretty much baseless.

Very , very few non UK nationals are claiming benefits. Far less than Nationals.  If one thinks logically, not a single British person is being displaced from a job by an immigrant. Meanwhile, literally, millions have been displaced deliberately by British businesses with their global outsourcing policies.

Austerity over the last few years has been driven by big business and politicians making a huge farkin hames of things, not by new wealth generating immigrants.

The worse thing about this whole scenario is it kind of takes the heat off politicians and big business - while protest votes and some anger is aimed at innocent groups, the unbridled greed of the political and business classes continues unmolested and unchallenged.

The majority of people who advocate tighter immigration controls could not articulate a rationale as to how this would benefit everyone already here. So, you have to conclude its just an emotive thing -  'I don't like so many immigrants coming here'. It is of course a perfectly valid view, but because its based on emotion alone it sort of has to be a racist one too.

That Britain is fairly racist in outlook whilst being one of the best examples of a tolerant, cosmopolitan integrated society is no surprise to me, it's been like that for a while.

My Mrs is scared of spiders and whenever she spots one in the bath she runs around the house screaming. I could sit her down and explain the logic of the situation and why her fear is an irrational one. And after all that...she would still be scared of spiders. There are loads of people who don't care to apply logic to situations where they feel strong emotions. And really so what? Who are we to tell people what situations you must apply to logic to?

If we do apply logic here the figures tell us there is negligible overall economic gain from immigration. So logically anybody getting their knickers in a twist about calls for marginally tighter controls in an already generous system is basing their view on emotion alone.

Finally are countries with tighter immigration controls than us by definition more racist and more stupid than us? That's all for now pooftah.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: May 31, 2014, 03:37:57 PM »

Negligible overall economic gain from immigration?

Lolololololol. Absolute horseshit of the highest order. Fundamentally untrue and what's more it's a dangerous mistruth.

You seem like a good smart guy in general so either you're trolling quite effectively or somebody dropped the Daily Mail on your head once too many times as a baby. Don't know which it is.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1989 on: May 31, 2014, 03:46:44 PM »

Politicians have forgotten they are employed to represent the views of the people who voted for them.

And the red tops are there to tell the people what their views should be.

The older I get, the better I was.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: May 31, 2014, 03:50:51 PM »

That's all for now pooftah.

Haha, it's my last word too, it's just politics and shiz but I don't like these UKIP types chucking metaphorical spiders in everyone's baths.

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: May 31, 2014, 03:54:52 PM »

Politicians have forgotten they are employed to represent the views of the people who voted for them.

And the red tops are there to tell the people what their views should be.

Thought I was never going to post again but deffo last one - ridic to think that politicians are there to represent our views. A massive spectrum of views will have voted for a single politician so the only possibility is that they consider what their view is for the greater good and go with that - well, ideally anyway.

sola virtus nobilitat
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: May 31, 2014, 04:27:02 PM »

People on Blonde that call others a troll for having an opinion that isn't reflective of the collective/sheep.

Very sad.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: May 31, 2014, 04:27:43 PM »

People who walk into you while texting.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: May 31, 2014, 04:32:01 PM »

People who refer to others as the clique or collective when it is just a bunch of different people who hold opposing views to themselves.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: