blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:58:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 413467 times)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #2850 on: January 16, 2019, 09:06:05 AM »

I bet if they did they would be barred.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2851 on: January 16, 2019, 09:08:18 AM »

The phrase "Meaningful vote" irritates me. What were the other votes and who wanted to take part in those?

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2852 on: January 16, 2019, 09:23:51 AM »

The boxes that pills or medicines come in. They're always just a bit too small to put the contents back into properly, I always open the wrong end and the "Possible side effects" leaflet always gets in the way. (I never read it but I'm scared to discard it) When I do put the medicine back in, the other end opens and everything falls straight through.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: January 16, 2019, 10:02:49 AM »

The boxes that pills or medicines come in. They're always just a bit too small to put the contents back into properly, I always open the wrong end and the "Possible side effects" leaflet always gets in the way. (I never read it but I'm scared to discard it) When I do put the medicine back in, the other end opens and everything falls straight through.

Excellent observation.

I take 11 different pills, & so I fill my (most useful) Pill Organiser once per week from 11 packets of pills, each of which contains a months supply.  

In opening the 11 boxes of tablets, I seem to open the wrong end - the end with the printed gumf wrapped around the pills - at least 8 or 9 times.

For balance, because it pisses me off that minor matters piss folk off so, (we really should have a "Life's Little Joys" thread), these things give me untold joy for their sheer effectiveness.  

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: January 16, 2019, 10:30:16 AM »

Excellent observation.

I take 11 different pills, & so I fill my (most useful) Pill Organiser once per week from 11 packets of pills, each of which contains a months supply.  

In opening the 11 boxes of tablets, I seem to open the wrong end - the end with the printed gumf wrapped around the pills - at least 8 or 9 times.

For balance, because it pisses me off that minor matters piss folk off so, (we really should have a "Life's Little Joys" thread), these things give me untold joy for their sheer effectiveness.  

Glad to know there are two other people in the world that this happens to, I mean its a 50/50 chance yet nearly every time I/you open the leaflet end. I wonder do we do it on purpose by subconsciously opening the same end every time?  
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: January 16, 2019, 10:35:06 AM »

Well we think we open the wrong end more often than not, but it's just selective memory at work of course. And in Tom's case, he just likes having a chunter.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2856 on: January 16, 2019, 10:36:28 AM »

One of my little joys is moaning about the things that piss me off. It's a win win.  

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: January 16, 2019, 10:48:34 AM »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aidapt-Month-Organiser-Eligible-relief/dp/B00IHUPV1S/ref=sr_1_19_s_it

You need one of these bad boys Mr T, none of this weekly faffing about with refills. Also handy when you're away for a day or three as no need to take the whole weeks supply with you.

I'm down to just the 7 a day, hardly rattle at all now.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 10:56:38 AM by Longines » Logged
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: January 16, 2019, 10:58:41 AM »

Can't believe people under 80 use these contraptions..oh wait

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: January 16, 2019, 11:01:54 AM »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aidapt-Month-Organiser-Eligible-relief/dp/B00IHUPV1S/ref=sr_1_19_s_it

You need one of these bad boys Mr T, none of this weekly faffing about with refills. Also handy when you're away for a day or three as no need to take the whole weeks supply with you.

I'm down to just the 7 a day, hardly rattle at all now.

Ha, what a beast that is.

To be honest, I quite like the weekly ritual, it ticks so many boxes, especially "oioi, that's another week I've survived, on we go".

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: January 16, 2019, 08:40:49 PM »

I think if you open the box from the bottom you should be able to get at the contents without the leaflet (which I assume is at the top so that you have to remove it before getting at the pills).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2861 on: January 17, 2019, 10:03:58 AM »

I think if you open the box from the bottom you should be able to get at the contents without the leaflet (which I assume is at the top so that you have to remove it before getting at the pills).

If you do open the wrong end, (which by your method becomes the right end) the leaflet is in the way when you try to put the medicine back and it pushes the bottom open causing everything to fall out. It's a conspiracy.

roshambo

View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: January 17, 2019, 12:48:18 PM »

Life ...
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: January 17, 2019, 05:56:26 PM »

I trick the box by feinting to open at one end and quickly switching - never fails, give it a whirl

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: January 17, 2019, 06:04:02 PM »

Putting things on and off tables
Pivoting to different positions
Peoples vote
Will of the people
Plus on the end of everything
Brexit

Just a few examples from the Brexit lexicon (Brexicon) that makes me fumm

« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 06:05:53 PM by nirvana » Logged