blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:08:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 413503 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2790 on: September 19, 2018, 12:42:07 PM »

Anyone here disgusting & ill-mannered enough to simply lick the plate?

Asking for a friend, obv.

This should be considered as a great compliment to the chef.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: October 16, 2018, 06:27:49 PM »

Poker players who declare they are going to donate a certain percentage of their winnings at an upcoming tournament to some charity.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: October 16, 2018, 06:56:54 PM »

Poker players who declare they are going to donate a certain percentage of their winnings at an upcoming tournament to some charity.

Excellent

sola virtus nobilitat
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: October 17, 2018, 11:26:31 AM »

Anyone who posts about helping a homeless person by buying them some food etc. then says they are not posting for people to say thanks.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: October 17, 2018, 11:27:21 AM »

People who post that they donated to someone's just giving page despite that person already being able to see they have posted on their just giving page.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2795 on: October 17, 2018, 12:22:21 PM »

I don't often disagree with Vinny, but imo if someone does something good and they want to boast/feel good/whatever about it that's fine by me.
It might even encourage someone else to do something good.

I would love to be able to boast that I bought Vinny lunch. What an exclusive club that must be.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: October 17, 2018, 01:40:11 PM »

I don't often disagree with Vinny, but imo if someone does something good and they want to boast/feel good/whatever about it that's fine by me.

Think I'm with you there Tom.

OK, some folks like to chest-thump because they have done a good deed & donated to Charity. But it does not alter the fact they did something & Charity benefitted. Can't be a bad thing, can it?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: October 17, 2018, 03:44:56 PM »

OK, some folks like to chest-thump because they have done a good deed & donated to Charity. But it does not alter the fact they did something & Charity benefitted. Can't be a bad thing, can it?

It's not a bad thing in the big scheme of things but it doesn't mean the person isn't an idiot.   Their goal of giving to charity isn't to help the charity.   It's to tell everyone that they have done so.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: October 17, 2018, 04:31:31 PM »

It's not a bad thing in the big scheme of things but it doesn't mean the person isn't an idiot.   Their goal of giving to charity isn't to help the charity.   It's to tell everyone that they have done so.

How do you know what their goal is? I have been asked to share donations in the past to help get publicity for people's charity events and have done so.  I have never done a study on this, but I'd be pretty shocked if there was no link between people posting about donating to an event, and others donating to the same event.  Sure I have donated after getting a "reminder" this way anyway. I have even donated some winnings to charity too, and not sure why that makes me a bad person.  Guess now I have publicised this, that makes me a complete shit?

I accept a lot of people's charity events are as much for them as for the charity, but even then it is a grey line.   And I can't say I haven't looked through facebook and never gone f off when reading some of this stuff, but in the cold light of day the charity benefits so I can put that to the side.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: October 17, 2018, 05:22:40 PM »

Why does it matter what the goal is? The end result is what matters - & the Charity got cash it would not otherwise have received.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: October 17, 2018, 05:53:24 PM »

It's not a bad thing in the big scheme of things but it doesn't mean the person isn't an idiot.   Their goal of giving to charity isn't to help the charity.   It's to tell everyone that they have done so.

How do you know what their goal is? I have been asked to share donations in the past to help get publicity for people's charity events and have done so.  I have never done a study on this, but I'd be pretty shocked if there was no link between people posting about donating to an event, and others donating to the same event.  Sure I have donated after getting a "reminder" this way anyway. I have even donated some winnings to charity too, and not sure why that makes me a bad person.  Guess now I have publicised this, that makes me a complete shit?

I accept a lot of people's charity events are as much for them as for the charity, but even then it is a grey line.   And I can't say I haven't looked through facebook and never gone f off when reading some of this stuff, but in the cold light of day the charity benefits so I can put that to the side.

Calm down.  It doesn't make you a "complete shit".  It just means you publicise your donations.  Which is a pretty minor offence in the big scheme of things so you don't need to worry.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 05:56:23 PM by DungBeetle » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: October 17, 2018, 05:59:30 PM »

Vinny is definitely getting dinner next week, if his life is that toasty, that people giving to charity pisses him off Grin

I can understand if it's people he knows, because he may feel sleighted, and that they're taking away from his free food equity.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: October 17, 2018, 06:09:10 PM »

Why does it matter what the goal is? The end result is what matters - & the Charity got cash it would not otherwise have received.

I guess it doesn't matter in the big scheme of things.  But I doubt many things matter in the big scheme of things in this thread.  I donate to several charities discreetly by direct debit (oh no!  I've done the self adulation thing myself now!).  If people can't donate without boasting about it as you seem to allude then it reinforces my point.  But as you say - I guess it doesn't really matter.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: October 17, 2018, 06:44:52 PM »

We once ran a charity event at our golf club where we raised £1500 from a fairly small group of lads.

The deputy head of th e charity was there to have a photo opportunity, but at the end asked for a lift to the local private airport where he had a private charter plane to pick him up to go to the next event to pick up a cheque.

That pissed us all off.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: October 18, 2018, 01:05:34 AM »

The original point was about poker players stating they are going to donate x% of their winnings. These people take the plaudits although they aren’t reaching into their pockets at all - just sharing a bit if they should come into some money. And if they lose, which they mostly will, they’re not making it good for the charity, I assume. I have seen several posts from people before tournaments, but none afterwards, so I assume (possibly wrongly) that they bombed and the charity got zilch. Is the attention-seeking still okay in that case? Does it matter whether they win or lose?
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: