blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:57:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 413810 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2835 on: December 22, 2018, 03:10:48 PM »

Businesses that don't answer the phone when you know they are open. Fuck you I will spend my money elsewhere.

I hate businesses that stop serving me to answer the phone. 

The older I get, the better I was.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: December 22, 2018, 04:47:51 PM »

I hate businesses you have to speak to on the phone to do business with
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: December 22, 2018, 05:18:26 PM »

Businesses that don't answer the phone when you know they are open. Fuck you I will spend my money elsewhere.

I hate businesses that stop serving me to answer the phone.  

I hate businesses that don't have enough staff to answer the phone and serve people at the same time. FFS get your staffing levels correct

Ah! The element of surprise
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: December 22, 2018, 05:19:52 PM »

When you try to reset a website password and the reset email doesn't arrive within 30 seconds. or even 5 minutes in this case. FFS sort out your IT systems.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: December 24, 2018, 10:21:12 AM »

People who publicly 'sign off' from social media for Christmas are like Karen from HR coming into the office to announce she's off now on her holibobs so you won't be seeing her for 4 days and everyone is 'Like we give a shit, Karen'.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2840 on: December 24, 2018, 10:54:44 AM »

People who publicly 'sign off' from social media for Christmas are like Karen from HR coming into the office to announce she's off now on her holibobs so you won't be seeing her for 4 days and everyone is 'Like we give a shit, Karen'.

Ooh... Grinchy!

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: December 24, 2018, 11:52:12 AM »

When you try to reset a website password and the reset email doesn't arrive within 30 seconds. or even 5 minutes in this case. FFS sort out your IT systems.

Or 3.5 hours after 4 attempts.

I'm looking at you Yorkshire Water.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: December 24, 2018, 12:05:34 PM »

Still waiting for mine to come through 

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2843 on: December 24, 2018, 12:09:15 PM »

Does tha want it done fast or does tha want it done proper?

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: December 25, 2018, 08:20:59 PM »

Does tha want it done fast or does tha want it done proper?

I would be satisfied with improper as long as it’s done.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: December 25, 2018, 09:29:10 PM »

This actually happens?  Who are these people!!??
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: January 11, 2019, 12:31:57 PM »

Conveyancers  

Mine and my wife's house purchase has been moving at a glacial pace, on Friday our case worker was off and I complained to them she had no cover - the person they then allocated finished pretty much everything off and sent the message to the other side confirming we want exchange by the end of this week and completion whenever they feel like it (it's vacant possession so we assumed ASAP would be their response).

Our case worker came back yesterday and as expected the other side now pushed it through... but she has told us that both my wife and I have to separately confirm, on the phone, in the morning, on the day of exchange that we agree to the exchange.

We're first time buyers so we don't know anything - but does that seem right? My wife is a teacher, she can't phone them before they open and it's difficult to phone them before lunch (in the afternoon) - basically she has to get someone to cover her lesson just to make a phone call.

Happy it's all coming to a close now but this seems weirdly excessive just to confirm we want what we've already told them by email.

Warning, I know nothing about conveyancing.

I bought a plot of land and the conveyancers wanted a load of time and money to sort it out.

The vendor and I got into my car, drove to the land registry office, paid a small fee, (~£50) signed some papers, he have me the deeds, I gave him the money, job done in one afternoon.

Now I'm not saying you don't need conveyancers, but the hoops they make you jump through and the fees they charge are ridiculous and unnecessary.

My wife phoned them at lunch and the exchange was done in half an hour - which is great, but where did the "you have to phone in the morning" go to then?

The reason we needed a conveyancer was that they're the only one's who can apply for the Help to Buy ISA bonus's - except our bank closed our ISA's wrong and managed to put our closing balance was £0  thumbs up

Great work on all the house buying admin then - but we're very, very close to having a house and it's only then that we can decide how much we want to bother going back and complaining about everyone Cheesy

Total pisstake on their behalf. Have never had to phone to say we agree to a purchase, that's what all the paperwork they make you fill in is for ffs.
I would be asking for a % of money back and asking for the extra time you have taken to sort this to be paid for.

The MD of my company has bought and sold dozens of houses with his wife (it was useful sideline for extra cash as the market has been rising) - he confirmed that he has rarely been asked to call to confirm the exchange (but a few places still do so) but he said his wife has never had to separately confirm as well. It's a joint purchase, the client is both of you not each one of you.

I have a copy of the handbook the Legal Ombudsman provides law firms for complaints handling and it does seem to quite easily fit into the definition they give for inconvenience and distress - but because it's only temporary (the length of the conveyancing process) and doesn't involve any financial loss the compensation suggested would only be about £200. We might have to decide whether it's worth the hassle.

Of course it’s worth the hassle. Not for the monetary gain, but to give the conveyancing farm some hassle of their own.

£250 back from them  thumbs up

I'd quite like to escalate it to the Legal Ombudsman because a couple of things they said in response to my complaint I know are lies, but our actual legal fees (as opposed to disbursements that were passed on to other people) were only £900 to start with, so getting £250 back is probably a healthy enough proportion to let it go Smiley

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: January 13, 2019, 09:08:18 AM »

looked at an american golf voucher I got at Xmas

do use the voucher simply enter the voucher number and the pin

the voucher number is 20 digits...... that is going to work well at the shop.

If only someone could invent a way to convert long numbers into a series of lines that could be read by a scanner of some sort.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 09:17:19 AM by doubleup » Logged
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2848 on: January 13, 2019, 10:12:00 AM »

I bet if they did they would be barred.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: January 16, 2019, 07:10:46 AM »

It has become beyond irritating that the prospect of a second referendum is referred to as a ‘People’s Vote’. Who do they think voted the first time, furniture?
Vince Cable is a major offender on this  - he’s the leader of the LibDems in case you missed the news - represents the party that campaigned against leaving the EU and got a massive 7% of the ‘people’s vote’ in the election.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: