blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:07:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 413681 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: October 18, 2018, 06:33:33 AM »

I don't often disagree with Vinny, but imo if someone does something good and they want to boast/feel good/whatever about it that's fine by me.
It might even encourage someone else to do something good.

Think I'm with you there Tom.

OK, some folks like to chest-thump because they have done a good deed & donated to Charity. But it does not alter the fact they did something & Charity benefitted. Can't be a bad thing, can it?

It's not a bad thing in the big scheme of things but it doesn't mean the person isn't an idiot.   Their goal of giving to charity isn't to help the charity.   It's to tell everyone that they have done so.

Why does it matter what the goal is? The end result is what matters - & the Charity got cash it would not otherwise have received.

The original point was about poker players stating they are going to donate x% of their winnings. These people take the plaudits although they aren’t reaching into their pockets at all - just sharing a bit if they should come into some money. And if they lose, which they mostly will, they’re not making it good for the charity, I assume. I have seen several posts from people before tournaments, but none afterwards, so I assume (possibly wrongly) that they bombed and the charity got zilch. Is the attention-seeking still okay in that case? Does it matter whether they win or lose?

I think you’re wrong about this John. There is a value to the charity in the sharing of their name.

Also, ‘sharing a bit if they come into some money’ makes it sound like poker winnings are all about chance. If players have a positive ROI then surely they are giving up part of their EV in that tournament?

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: October 18, 2018, 06:57:17 AM »

If you care about a charity ..just donate your buy in and socialize the hell out of that to publicise the charity. For most players it's like saying.. I will not be making a donation so gtfo imo

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: October 18, 2018, 11:34:31 AM »

If you care about a charity ..just donate your buy in and socialize the hell out of that to publicise the charity. For most players it's like saying.. I will not be making a donation so gtfo imo

Ha, the uber cynic nirvana nails it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: October 18, 2018, 12:51:42 PM »

I've started commuting by train recently again.

See it. Say it. Sorted.

Pretty much #1 now on things that really piss me off.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: October 18, 2018, 01:54:02 PM »

I've started commuting by train recently again.

See it. Say it. Sorted.

Pretty much #1 now on things that really piss me off.

Yes, it does grate a little.

Not as bad as the toilets on Virgin WCML trains though, where once you go in & lock the door, a woman's oh-so-smug voice comes over the Toilet PA & says "Hi. I'm your toilet, it's not a great job but I used to be a public toilet, & let me tell you this is a whole lot better". 

I'm not sure, but I think she might be Wooly Jumper's sister.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: October 31, 2018, 10:04:31 PM »

Watching Apprentice and a candidate feels they were "extremely instrumental" in the task. How is being extremely instrumental of greater value that being simply instrumental?

People do this all the while, particularly when they complain and it cheapens the value of words

I was 'completely baffled' and 'absolutely shocked' when I got fired because I was 'very pivotal' in the task leaving me 'totally bemused' at this 'utter disaster'

Well you know what? This type of vocabulary totally and utterly fucks me off.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: November 01, 2018, 08:39:52 AM »

Watching Apprentice and a candidate feels they were "extremely instrumental" in the task. How is being extremely instrumental of greater value that being simply instrumental?

People do this all the while, particularly when they complain and it cheapens the value of words

I was 'completely baffled' and 'absolutely shocked' when I got fired because I was 'very pivotal' in the task leaving me 'totally bemused' at this 'utter disaster'

Stop watching the apprentice imo, they are mostly peacocking twats!
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: November 01, 2018, 09:35:22 AM »

Stop watching the apprentice imo, they are mostly peacocking twats!

Not ‘very’ “peacocking twats”? :-) I do agree with the original point.

:-) For anyone who saw the post pre-edit.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 09:50:40 AM by kukushkin88 » Logged
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2813 on: November 01, 2018, 06:33:07 PM »

Constant heart-rending charity appeals on telly.

I understand the problems, I really do but how many time per day do we have to see dying children and abused or crippled animals?

The older I get, the better I was.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: November 01, 2018, 07:41:51 PM »

Dog or cat owners who get all preachy this time of year. Shame on you for your selfish fireworks because my cat gets all terrified and shakes on the floor.

Oh right well the whole community will just revolve their lives around your cat then.

No fireworks this year everybody because poor Tiddles at Number 9 has a nervous disposition.

Oh and once you get over that hurdle it's...don't forget them hedgehogs who crawl into the bonfire, poor mites will get burned alive. 

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2815 on: November 01, 2018, 07:55:10 PM »

Fireworks on the 5th Nov - Fine.

Every night for 6 weeks before hand? Fuck right off.

The older I get, the better I was.
cish n fhips

View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: November 01, 2018, 10:52:09 PM »

Fireworks on the 5th Nov - Fine.

Every night for 6 weeks before hand? Fuck right off.
j

+1 

Also people setting fireworks off during daylight. Absolute bellends.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: November 02, 2018, 08:38:44 AM »

Dog or cat owners who get all preachy this time of year. Shame on you for your selfish fireworks because my cat gets all terrified and shakes on the floor.

Oh right well the whole community will just revolve their lives around your cat then.

No fireworks this year everybody because poor Tiddles at Number 9 has a nervous disposition.

Oh and once you get over that hurdle it's...don't forget them hedgehogs who crawl into the bonfire, poor mites will get burned alive. 

Never even knew this was an issue until the invention of FB....
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: November 05, 2018, 11:27:44 AM »

Apparently ‘snowperson’ instead of snowman is the latest target of some PC wankers.

Everyone please ensure you give these people the biggest fk off possible if you encounter this BS. 
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: November 05, 2018, 11:46:17 AM »

Apparently ‘snowperson’ instead of snowman is the latest target of some PC wankers.

Everyone please ensure you give these people the biggest fk off possible if you encounter this BS. 

But a snowperson is made up of millions of snowflakes........

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: