blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:21:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273107 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 423204 times)
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: May 30, 2014, 07:25:04 PM »

The problem is that you have people voting for a party that have no policies beyond the fact that they don't want to be in the EU or live next door to immigrants.  That can never be anything other than uneducated.  It is an (understandable) reaction against traditional parties that aren't providing but it is uneducated and simplistic.    It cannot be anything but uneducated because if you have voted in a local election for a party that has no policies at a local level it cannot be anything but.  Your local councillor and MEP aren't going to make any difference to immigration in this country and to think that they will shows a huge lack of understanding.  Actually what most UKIP MEP's traditionally do is milk the expenses they can get to absolute hilt whilst having beers with the fascist parties of the rest of Europe and anyone that educated themselves would know that.

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: May 30, 2014, 07:29:36 PM »

The problem is that you have people voting for a party that have no policies beyond the fact that they don't want to be in the EU or live next door to immigrants.  That can never be anything other than uneducated.  It is an (understandable) reaction against traditional parties that aren't providing but it is uneducated and simplistic.    It cannot be anything but uneducated because if you have voted in a local election for a party that has no policies at a local level it cannot be anything but.  Your local councillor and MEP aren't going to make any difference to immigration in this country and to think that they will shows a huge lack of understanding.  Actually what most UKIP MEP's traditionally do is milk the expenses they can get to absolute hilt whilst having beers with the fascist parties of the rest of Europe and anyone that educated themselves would know that.

aye but isn't it possible that UKIP voters informed themselves of all of this and still thought they should vote UKIP?
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: May 30, 2014, 07:41:00 PM »

Its possible and a major flaw in democracy that people stupid enough to make that decision without being able to claim ignorance are able to vote.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: May 30, 2014, 08:35:04 PM »

aye but isn't it possible that UKIP voters informed themselves of all of this and still thought they should vote UKIP?

Well you are assuming that is a problem, it isn't, just because you disagree with their viewpoint doesn't make them wrong it's only your opinion against theirs nothing more, and your opinion is no better than theirs.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: May 30, 2014, 08:36:10 PM »

Its possible and a major flaw in democracy that people stupid enough to make that decision without being able to claim ignorance are able to vote.

I support UKIP's immigration policies, so do you think I'm uneducated and stupid then?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 08:41:13 PM by Woodsey » Logged
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: May 30, 2014, 09:07:13 PM »

Yes, frankly.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: May 30, 2014, 09:10:00 PM »

Yes, frankly.

Well I'm educated to masters degree level, and stupid enough to spend my working days having in depth discussions about medicines and various diseases with Professors, Doctors, Pharmacists and many others working at high levels within medicine, but I guess I'm not up to your level, sorry I won't disturb you again.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 09:16:15 PM by Woodsey » Logged
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: May 30, 2014, 09:21:26 PM »

I'm not going to get into it with you but if your views on immigration were implemented you would probably be having a lot less "in depth discussions with Professors, Doctors, Pharmacists and many others working at high levels within medicine," because half of them would never have got in the country in the first place!!!!!

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: May 30, 2014, 09:24:13 PM »

I'm not going to get into it with you but if your views on immigration were implemented you would probably be having a lot less "in depth discussions with Professors, Doctors, Pharmacists and many others working at high levels within medicine," because half of them would never have got in the country in the first place!!!!!

Not at all they would still all make the cut of the immigrants we want. It's all about more selective immigration, not saying no to everybody and that is what UKIP's policy is about broadly speaking.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: May 30, 2014, 09:30:06 PM »

I support UKIP's immigration policies, so do you think I'm uneducated and stupid then?

I have to say that I am in agreement with Woodsey on this one.

Democracy rules ok , and if people want to vote against something that the majority might not like , then why call them stupid ?

In theory the EU works , in practice it does not , with economies in different cycles of economic prosperity. Trade will go on regardless of being in the EU or not and at the end of the day people feel that they are either English , German , French etc , not European.

When push comes to shove it's not about racism it's about being patriotic to the country you were born in .

I love being English , our sense of humour , our history , our diversity , but there comes a time when you believe that other people are taking us for a soft touch. I'm all for people coming to this country if they make a positive contribution or are in an impossible situation due to events beyond their control.

Yes ok , it's a protest vote and we know UKIP will never get in power because they are fighting on only one or two policies , but to Joe public they are the ones which are affecting their daily lives.

Europe needs a kick up the arse or else years down the line we are heading for Armageddon .

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: May 30, 2014, 09:50:51 PM »

+2

I can totally understand why people are voting for UKIP.

This country is a laughing stock in Europe for the ease with which we let any Tomas, Dimitri or Georgiou in.

We often assume, the rest of Europe must suffer the way we do, but it isn't the case. This week in Madrid it was a pleasure to be out at any time of the day and just hear Spanish, with the odd holidaymaker breaking the non stop local lingo.

I can't even walk round my own Cotswold town these days and get that.

I'm not racist, I work all over Europe with all cultures and creeds without issue. What makes me angry is that our country is run by a bunch of spineless do gooders on the gravy train, who let Brussels walk all over us with ridic policys that stop kids performing nativities and state woman that have lived here all their lives with English parents, can be deported after 32 years here, when some Romanian can come and live here and get full benefits the moment he gets here.

I have no problem with people coming over here "taking our jobs" if the lazy feckers like White Dee won't work,but I also want same White Dee to get feck all in benefits, so maybe she will work. This I understand is another UKIP policy.

If all this makes me a racist, then I suppose I am. idiot

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1946 on: May 30, 2014, 10:00:12 PM »

Spain is a great example. A country with how many British immigrants? They're all doctors and essential workers though...

Roll Eyes

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: May 30, 2014, 10:02:23 PM »

This country is a laughing stock in Europe for the ease with which we let any Tomas, Dimitri or Georgiou in.

Romanians and Bulgarians can work in every other EU country without restriction just the same as they can here.  If we are a laughing stock then they are laughing at their own policies too.  As for your comments on Spain.....I guess you have never lived in Spain.  Most of my neighbours were English and doing things like selling timeshares, working in bars etc.  Should they have been refused entry?

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: May 30, 2014, 10:03:06 PM »

Spain is a great example. A country with how many British immigrants? They're all doctors and essential workers though...

Roll Eyes

Oi Oi Oi, knew we'd get ya eventually   Tongue
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: May 30, 2014, 10:07:27 PM »

Incidentally, officially 140k Romanians now live and work in the UK (contrary to popular belief many are hard working and not living off the state).  There are currently a million Brits living in Spain, 329k in Ireland, 330k in France and 107k living in Germany.  As Brits we take advantage of this freedom of movement yet we aren't willing to give it to others.  If we fancy going and living next door to them then we feel as though we should be able to but if it goes the other way a significant minority don't want to allow in case the neighbours speak a language they don't understand.  It is beyond ridiculous.

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: