blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 03:47:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272954 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 146079 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: July 20, 2011, 03:29:29 PM »

How long can you keep bottles of whiskey for?  I have some here that I have had for over 10 years..!!

Also, what about Baileys for storage time?

Also, paint, emulsion, gloss, how long can you store that for?

Bailey's storage time is about a week.  Doesn't last longer than that in our house.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 20, 2011, 03:33:11 PM »

How long can you keep bottles of whiskey for?  I have some here that I have had for over 10 years..!! - I'd still drink them.  In fact, bring them here.  10 years sat in a cupboard is criminal.

Also, what about Baileys for storage time? - Bin it after 6 months tops.  Should be ashamed of yerself if you've had it open and untouched that long anyway.  Don't even deserve to drink it.  If 6 months or less, bring it here with the whiskey.  I'll look after the lot.

Also, paint, emulsion, gloss, how long can you store that for? - Think a year is considered to be the max 'use by' time on them but I don't believe it now.  Mostly because one tin of magnolia used in the last week was sat in storage here for 15 years!

Answers in bold. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Shogun112

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 20, 2011, 03:37:13 PM »

Oh dear, had these baileys over 4 years now.!! gonna hurt binning these 2 unopened bottles.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 20, 2011, 03:40:14 PM »

gonna hurt binning these 2 unopened bottles.

this is a joke right? you're not actually about to throw them out?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Shogun112

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 20, 2011, 03:44:31 PM »

Well, if they have been sat there for 4 years and I do know they contain something dairy-like, and dairy stuff does not lst for ever..!!  Does it last longer then 4 years?
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 20, 2011, 03:52:17 PM »

http://www.baileys.com/product-and-company-information/

Baileys shelf life

Baileys is the only cream liqueur that guarantees its taste for 2 years from the day it was made, opened or unopened, stored in the fridge or not when stored away from direct sunlight at a temperature range of 0-25 degrees centigrade.

One of the keys to achieving this 2 year shelf-life is in our patented process of blending of fresh Irish cream with the spirits and the whiskey without the use of preservatives. The alcohol acts as a natural preservative for the product.

Under normal conditions of storage Baileys has a shelf-life of 30 months.

If you are concerned about a bottle of Baileys please check the best consumed before date on the bottle - all bottles now carry a best before date. This number is located on the bottom left hand side of the back label. Example : Code 11 20XY would mean that we guarantee the product would taste perfect until November20XY (XY is the year 2 years from the date of manufacture).

A 10yo unopened bottle of Scotch will be fine to drink.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 20, 2011, 03:53:42 PM »

Well, if they have been sat there for 4 years and I do know they contain something dairy-like, and dairy stuff does not lst for ever..!!  Does it last longer then 4 years?

If they've not been opened...bring em on.  I'm willing to take one for the team and research this.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: July 20, 2011, 03:55:46 PM »

If they've not been opened...bring em on.  I'm willing to take one for the team and research this.

Carl, were you waiting for something to celebrate before you opened them?  Being an Everton fan, maybe you should have gone for something with a longer shelf-life?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 20, 2011, 03:56:49 PM »

Carl, were you waiting for something to celebrate before you opened them?  Being an Everton fan, maybe you should have gone for something with a longer shelf-life?

Or picked a different sport to follow.  I hear grand prix is most exciting to watch.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: July 20, 2011, 03:58:28 PM »

Or picked a different sport to follow.  I hear grand prix is most exciting to watch.

He could have chosen football, but instead went for Everton.

Shogun112

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 20, 2011, 04:01:11 PM »

LOL - so following that post, label, date on it, I went to the fridge, and looked...
One has 10 2008
One has 01 2008

And also, they are not std baileys, they are Mint and caramel..!!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 20, 2011, 04:12:40 PM »

LOL - so following that post, label, date on it, I went to the fridge, and looked...
One has 10 2008
One has 01 2008

So they're actually less than 4 years old.  Excellent.  Although I'm not a fan of the flavoured Baileys concept - in the name of research, I'll do what I can for the team and drink them anyway.

Shogun112

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 20, 2011, 04:16:35 PM »

One has 10 2008
One has 01 2008

So they're actually less than 4 years old.  Excellent.  Although I'm not a fan of the flavoured Baileys concept - in the name of research, I'll do what I can for the team and drink them anyway.

If we follow the posted text, the date on the bottle is 2 years after manufacture lol...  I would be to worried to drink it based on that, but for sure, if ya wanna have em, yer can. Smiley
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: July 20, 2011, 04:23:38 PM »

One has 10 2008
One has 01 2008

If we follow the posted text, the date on the bottle is 2 years after manufacture lol...  I would be to worried to drink it based on that, but for sure, if ya wanna have em, yer can. Smiley

You think she's going to turn them down?

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 20, 2011, 04:27:47 PM »

Ya know what, feck it.  Just bin 'em.  I haz standards when it comes to drink and was already stretching the limits by agreeing to bastard forms of Baileys.  Not going to risk it with that crap.

Actually, give 'em to gatso.  He might have heart failure of there was known drink binage ITT. 

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: