blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 05:39:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272939 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 145999 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: August 16, 2011, 07:35:11 PM »

Whatever about all that - she keeps her ketchup in the cupboard ffs.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 16, 2011, 08:11:54 PM »

APAT Worlds at DTD end of this month will be my first live poker since that fateful trip to APAT Newcastle in April.  Really looking forward to it on soooo many levels!  Lots of friends to see and going to take the poker proper serious too for a change.  Not here on holidays any more.  Here for the long haul and need to cop on when it comes to the poker.  Looking forward to the challenge.  Be warned.  You might get a proper poker post some time soon.  WTF?!  lol

Serious questions about this not sure if you want to answer them but if not you can always just ignore them :-)

Are you setting any poker goals for yourself?
What events are you going to play at DTD?
Now you are living in this country will you be trying to play more events as you are quite close to DTD?
Other than DTD and Vegas are you both planning on attending any further APAT's this year? (Luton?)

Non poker question

Are you still going to DTD on the Friday (that's two weeks today!!)? If so what time should we expect you?

For the Worlds I've only signed up to the 6 max so far.  Kicking around the Omaha as well, but I've not decided yet.  Been ages since I had a good gander through the PHA board, but always feel better for it when I make the effort.  Effort on PHA board first and then I'll decide. 

Just been reading some threads on the PHA board and you've been busy over there Rod! 
PHA board - It's really is an excellent tool. Much better than any other one I have seen. I have been using it to work on PLO cash games and I would strongly recommend that when reviewing online sessions that this board is used. I don't think you are really going to get the same quality of response anywhere else. It's easy to think that you are good at this game until you read how a much better player thinks about the same situations and sometimes you are shocked at how much you missed.

WCOAP - The main event is going to be better this year as we have 15K starting stacks with all the normal levels so I would say get in that as well. You could play Day1a and still be able the 6-Max and if you don't make day two of the main you could still play PLO.

And where is Jack he seems very quiet these days, has he still not finished his painting duties? Tell him if he doesn't hurry it up you are going to leave him home from DTD, that'll hurry him up :-)

Somehow missed this with all the other stuff going on this afternoon. 

PHA - I've always felt it was an excellent resource for anyone wanting to take their poker serious.  I just haven't spent as much time there as I should.  Was reading through some threads today during the [ ] quiet time.  I find even if the recommended style of playing a hand doesn't suit you, it might give you an idea of where your opponent's coming from in the hand.

WCOAP - I'd prefer the Omaha over the Main to be honest.  I'm sure you've seen it by me before - I get bored at a NLHE table after a bit and spend more time just randomly wandering around the room chatting to people.  The Omaha keeps me interested.  That said, I still won't play it unless I read some more on the PHA board to get me head back in the game.

Jack - I keep giving out to him to post in his own diary now and then because he's left it go quiet on there.  But now you mention it, he's not really posted much anywhere apart from FB lately.  Think it may have something to do with his workplace recently blocking sites like blonde, but deffo has nothing to do with the rumours I've locked him in a dungeon.  Honest. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: August 16, 2011, 10:11:30 PM »

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 16, 2011, 10:33:29 PM »

He escaped!
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 16, 2011, 10:37:17 PM »

FFS - I need new cuffs obv.

LaxieJr

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 16, 2011, 10:59:19 PM »

For Sarah.

When I first saw that you'd joined blonde and posted in this thread my initial thought was 'a 14 year old posting on blonde and joining in on the thread - gg, no one's going to get involved in a debate with a kid'. It made me feel pretty uncomfortable tbh.  That was my initial reaction.  You see, that's what we humans do - we react to things, then we take time to let the reality sink in and either resolve our initial reactions or we give them consideration and maybe reach a different conclusion.  Where matters regarding parenting are concerned, everyone's got a view, and we're usually our own worst critics tbh.  Once I'd gone past the initial reaction, I realised, of course, that if your Mum thinks you're mature enough to join the forum and join in debate with everyone here then it would just be patronising of me not to respond to your post solely based on your age, when I'd have replied if anyone else had written it.

So, before I reply, welcome to blonde (and Laura too) Smiley

No one has said (or I believe, implied) that your Mum is a 'bad person' for doing what she's chosen to do.  What you'll find here is a range of views, from people with their own characteristics who'll all do things differently.  What I said in my earlier post stands - I can't get my head around how someone can up sticks and move far away from their children to be with a bloke they've been seeing for five minutes.  The reason I can't get my head around it is simply because I couldn't do it.  Does that mean I think someone who does it is 'bad'?  No, of course not, it means I don't understand it, and therefore struggle to empathise.

The reason I posted the other day was because, like Michelle (and apprently others) I'd been shocked at some of the things your Mum had said in her recent posts about her visit back over to Ireland.  To me, as an outsider looking in, it looked like what was being documented were signs that you guys weren't as happy and 'on board' with the situation as we'd been led to believe. You're clearly an intelligent and insightful young woman, so I'm sure you can understand why some of us reached that conclusion from what your Mum posted.  As I said, I chose not to comment for the reasons I set out.  Michelle did choose to comment.  Again, does that make either of us 'good' or 'bad'?  No, just different. 

Raising kids is one of the toughest jobs in the world.  From the moment our kids our born we'll have well meaning people giving us a variety of different opinions.  Even the NHS and the government change the advice on the 'right' way to do various things depending on the weather ffs!   What most of us do is soak it all up, and then do what we believe best based on everything we've taken in and our own gut instincts.  However you choose to handle something will be different to what the next person, and the person after that would choose to do. 

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I joined a pregnancy and parenting forum.  As a result, I now have a number of friends with children exactly the same age and we often ask eachother for advice on various issues, sometimes along the lines of 'this was what I did, what do you guys think?'.  Now, rightly or wrongly, I read your Mum's reply to Michelle's comments thanking her and saying she found it helpful, and decided to put my point of view forward too.  Perhaps that was misjudged, it seems it might have been.  I stand by what I said up to the last line though, which I'll happily take back because it was unnecessary and speculative.  That's what happens on these diaries, people post stuff for public view and it's open to scrutiny.  Now you're a member of blonde I'm sure you'll find yourself disagreeing with people and having people disagreeing with you too.  Just don't get in an argument with kinboshi because he's pretty tenacious and won't ever back down Wink

Finally, I'm sure no-one begrudges your Mum's happiness - I know she's had a tough ride over the last few years and it's also good to see Jack happy too, but - for me - it made for uncomfortable reading sometimes when it appeared that might be at the expense of the happiness of you kids, based on your mum's own words.   You've cleared that up for us now - as long as you guys are happy and on board then what a bunch of people on the internet might think isn't really worth a jot.

I know it must of been difficult or hard to understand why I joined the form but it was purely because I felt like I needed a say in this. I know it is an adult form or whatever but I have been always sitting at Mom's side while she was living here reading all of the posts in her diary and smiling at the latest pictures and even joining in on the RSQ nights laughing at all of the objections with her. I feel like Blonde is a special bond I have with my mother because my brother and sister were never really interested in it, but I was. I always wanted to join in on the banter on her diary talking about celtic chaos and Ger's visits - which needless to say I always looked forward to. Today I found out that I could join blonde cause there has never been an age limit as such, but I had to keep out of trouble and my posts couldn't include bad language, I'm trying my best but for some parts it was hard after reading some of the posts in this diary.

I put in bold the sentence up there because you may have felt uncomfortable when I joined, but how do you think I felt when I was reading those comments referring to my Mom's Mum's (yw Rich lol) parenting. From reading her post I can understand how you and Michelle felt the way you did but I don't really think it was necessary how everybody joined in at once, leaving my Mum thinking she had made a bad parenting move, which, in my opinion she hasn't, afterall it comes down to my choice and nobody elses because it is infact my operation.

Now, referring to the move - I have no problem what-so-ever with Jack. He is a sound and funny lad and gives my Mum the love and respect she needed and deserved. She managed to stay in this house 2 years. That's more than anybody can ask for after what she has been through here. As regards to why she was relieved to be back in England is 100 percent understandable to me. Don't get me wrong, I love her to bits but nobody deserves to be treated the way she was by my Sister at the start of her visit. My sister will come around eventually, its hard to grasp and understand life sometimes but I know she is getting there, and hopefully someday she will be making the trips to England with me. I already have a trip set for this year that I will be making by my own but I know its going to be a blast! Smiley

And thank you for the welcome! Smiley I'll only probably be here though because im obv too young to be playing poker! Smiley
LaxieJr

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 16, 2011, 11:02:46 PM »

Hello Jack! Smiley
Lol took me a minute to figure out who you were but it finally clicked < hehe i found the smileys! 
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 16, 2011, 11:04:16 PM »

Don't worry Chicka...you already play poker better than a good few here around here.  Not naming names obv.   

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 16, 2011, 11:05:33 PM »

Don't worry Chicka...you already play poker better than me.   

FYP.

Make sure Sarah gets to meet Joobs when she comes over, yeah?
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: August 16, 2011, 11:07:26 PM »

Hiya Sarah, thanks for the kind words. I'd like to join your fan club too. Your posts are very mature. You take after your Dad, yes?

Grin

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 16, 2011, 11:09:18 PM »

Don't worry Chicka...you already play poker better than me.   

FYP.

Make sure Sarah gets to meet Joobs when she comes over, yeah?

I'm not sure if those two in the same room is a good idea.  The pair of them wired for sound?  Yeah... [ ]might need a re-think on that one.  DEFINITELY!  Most excellent idea imo.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 16, 2011, 11:11:16 PM »

Hiya Sarah, thanks for the kind words. I'd like to join your fan club too. Your posts are very mature. You take after your Dad, yes?

Grin

Fer feck sake....encourage him to come out and post again, and this is the carry on.  Where's me whip?!

LaxieJr

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 16, 2011, 11:12:24 PM »

Grin

Its all the truth and I didn't know I had one lol. And thank you. Yes, and of course my mother too Smiley I learnt how to write like that from reading her posts all the time lol.
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 17, 2011, 01:40:31 AM »

For Sarah.

When I first saw that you'd joined blonde and posted in this thread my initial thought was 'a 14 year old posting on blonde and joining in on the thread - gg, no one's going to get involved in a debate with a kid'. It made me feel pretty uncomfortable tbh.  That was my initial reaction.  You see, that's what we humans do - we react to things, then we take time to let the reality sink in and either resolve our initial reactions or we give them consideration and maybe reach a different conclusion.  Where matters regarding parenting are concerned, everyone's got a view, and we're usually our own worst critics tbh.  Once I'd gone past the initial reaction, I realised, of course, that if your Mum thinks you're mature enough to join the forum and join in debate with everyone here then it would just be patronising of me not to respond to your post solely based on your age, when I'd have replied if anyone else had written it.

So, before I reply, welcome to blonde (and Laura too) Smiley

No one has said (or I believe, implied) that your Mum is a 'bad person' for doing what she's chosen to do.  What you'll find here is a range of views, from people with their own characteristics who'll all do things differently.  What I said in my earlier post stands - I can't get my head around how someone can up sticks and move far away from their children to be with a bloke they've been seeing for five minutes.  The reason I can't get my head around it is simply because I couldn't do it.  Does that mean I think someone who does it is 'bad'?  No, of course not, it means I don't understand it, and therefore struggle to empathise.

The reason I posted the other day was because, like Michelle (and apprently others) I'd been shocked at some of the things your Mum had said in her recent posts about her visit back over to Ireland.  To me, as an outsider looking in, it looked like what was being documented were signs that you guys weren't as happy and 'on board' with the situation as we'd been led to believe. You're clearly an intelligent and insightful young woman, so I'm sure you can understand why some of us reached that conclusion from what your Mum posted.  As I said, I chose not to comment for the reasons I set out.  Michelle did choose to comment.  Again, does that make either of us 'good' or 'bad'?  No, just different. 

Raising kids is one of the toughest jobs in the world.  From the moment our kids our born we'll have well meaning people giving us a variety of different opinions.  Even the NHS and the government change the advice on the 'right' way to do various things depending on the weather ffs!   What most of us do is soak it all up, and then do what we believe best based on everything we've taken in and our own gut instincts.  However you choose to handle something will be different to what the next person, and the person after that would choose to do. 

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I joined a pregnancy and parenting forum.  As a result, I now have a number of friends with children exactly the same age and we often ask eachother for advice on various issues, sometimes along the lines of 'this was what I did, what do you guys think?'.  Now, rightly or wrongly, I read your Mum's reply to Michelle's comments thanking her and saying she found it helpful, and decided to put my point of view forward too.  Perhaps that was misjudged, it seems it might have been.  I stand by what I said up to the last line though, which I'll happily take back because it was unnecessary and speculative.  That's what happens on these diaries, people post stuff for public view and it's open to scrutiny.  Now you're a member of blonde I'm sure you'll find yourself disagreeing with people and having people disagreeing with you too.  Just don't get in an argument with kinboshi because he's pretty tenacious and won't ever back down Wink

Finally, I'm sure no-one begrudges your Mum's happiness - I know she's had a tough ride over the last few years and it's also good to see Jack happy too, but - for me - it made for uncomfortable reading sometimes when it appeared that might be at the expense of the happiness of you kids, based on your mum's own words.   You've cleared that up for us now - as long as you guys are happy and on board then what a bunch of people on the internet might think isn't really worth a jot.

I know it must of been difficult or hard to understand why I joined the form but it was purely because I felt like I needed a say in this. I know it is an adult form or whatever but I have been always sitting at Mom's side while she was living here reading all of the posts in her diary and smiling at the latest pictures and even joining in on the RSQ nights laughing at all of the objections with her. I feel like Blonde is a special bond I have with my mother because my brother and sister were never really interested in it, but I was. I always wanted to join in on the banter on her diary talking about celtic chaos and Ger's visits - which needless to say I always looked forward to. Today I found out that I could join blonde cause there has never been an age limit as such, but I had to keep out of trouble and my posts couldn't include bad language, I'm trying my best but for some parts it was hard after reading some of the posts in this diary.

I put in bold the sentence up there because you may have felt uncomfortable when I joined, but how do you think I felt when I was reading those comments referring to my Mom's Mum's (yw Rich lol) parenting. From reading her post I can understand how you and Michelle felt the way you did but I don't really think it was necessary how everybody joined in at once, leaving my Mum thinking she had made a bad parenting move, which, in my opinion she hasn't, afterall it comes down to my choice and nobody elses because it is infact my operation.

Now, referring to the move - I have no problem what-so-ever with Jack. He is a sound and funny lad and gives my Mum the love and respect she needed and deserved. She managed to stay in this house 2 years. That's more than anybody can ask for after what she has been through here. As regards to why she was relieved to be back in England is 100 percent understandable to me. Don't get me wrong, I love her to bits but nobody deserves to be treated the way she was by my Sister at the start of her visit. My sister will come around eventually, its hard to grasp and understand life sometimes but I know she is getting there, and hopefully someday she will be making the trips to England with me. I already have a trip set for this year that I will be making by my own but I know its going to be a blast! Smiley

And thank you for the welcome! Smiley I'll only probably be here though because im obv too young to be playing poker! Smiley

This made me smile!!!

Welcome to blonde, you'll be fine

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
MrsHopkino

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 17, 2011, 08:32:57 AM »

Welcome to Blonde Miss Jnr!! :-)

Enjoy your trip to England xx

Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: