blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 08:11:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 145302 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: January 19, 2012, 11:06:20 PM »

Good god.  If you see another 'but' in my posts any time soon...give me a kick!   That last one was butastic

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 19, 2012, 11:13:03 PM »

Feel like a bit of organising ?  Grin

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=48231.new#new
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 19, 2012, 11:22:05 PM »

I don't mind.  Would give me something to do.  Get enough bodies saying they're interested and then get back to me.  The cheesecake's gonna cost ya though.   Cheesy

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 20, 2012, 09:52:31 AM »

Today will mostly be spent tying up loose ends and deciding what I want to bring back in the suitcase.  Tomorrow I fly back.  And tomorrow I go off the smokes again too. 

Had been going pretty good since I kicked them on July 11th.  I'd a couple of slip ups during nights out with a wee puff here and there, but pretty sure I could count the number of times on one hand, so not the end of the world.  Generally though, off them and not missing them at all.  Then I landed over here, something triggered me and that was that.  I'm not smoking as much as what I'd been prior to going off them, but any smokes is more than I should be having.  Don't know why I even bothered with them this week.  They're gross and don't really solve anything. 

So tomorrow I fly back to Jack and off the smokes again.   Pity I have to start the count all over again.  Just glad I can do it without a hassle.  Don't know how the rest of you carry on smoking day in and day out.  Fecking things are EXPENSIVE!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 20, 2012, 07:54:55 PM »

Ends tied and even managed to help Mary track down some kitchen cupboard doors...after two hours of driving around trying to find the place.

"I'd like some kitchen cupboard doors."

Whilst giving a roll of his eyes, "Yep.  We can do that."  The crowd do nothing only them.  "What size and style do you want?"

She points to one and says, "I'll have that style and the size is 23 and a bit by 23 and a bit for two of them and the other is 16 by 23 and a bit."

"Any idea how much the bit is?  We don't call out to do measurements"

"Suppose I could find out."

At this point I reckon the guy was looking for a wall to bang his head off of.

As we were walking out the door I could hear him saying to no one in particular, "Bits.  Feel like I've just discussed an order for orange juice with bits in fer feck sake."

She's to ring him first thing Monday morning with proper measurements, seeing as he doesn't work in bits.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 20, 2012, 08:25:37 PM »

Boarding pass printed and luggage sorted.  Kind of.  Will be interesting to see how many items need to be removed before it's considered within the 20kg weight limit.  Mary's hunting down her scales now.  I've a feeling I'll be wearing two coats and a hoody tomorrow to get it through.

Times like this I'm glad I've no thyroid and the replacement meds don't work.   As I feel the cold more than most, I won't roast with all the extra items on me.  Mary broke out in a sweat just looking at the potential 'extras'. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: January 20, 2012, 08:28:43 PM »

That's another thing.  The new rule for checked luggage bites donkey bits.  You can pay for and check up to 9 bags.  But the total weight of ALL bags combined must not exceed 20kgs.  WTF?!  I could easily exceed it with just the one.  What eejit pays extra for loads of bags when ya can fit the weight into one?!  Boggles the mind.

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #862 on: January 20, 2012, 09:03:26 PM »

That's another thing.  The new rule for checked luggage bites donkey bits.  You can pay for and check up to 9 bags.  But the total weight of ALL bags combined must not exceed 20kgs.  WTF?!  I could easily exceed it with just the one.  What eejit pays extra for loads of bags when ya can fit the weight into one?!  Boggles the mind.

Polystyrene salesman.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: January 20, 2012, 09:27:45 PM »

Polystyrene salesman.

Smart arse!

PS  See ya soon  xx

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 20, 2012, 09:42:53 PM »

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii - just weighed my luggage and have another 4kgs to add!  It's the little things in life....

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 21, 2012, 02:12:12 PM »

What the hell man?!  I weighed my bag 'just so' and had it bang on the 20kgs at Mary's house.  Even jammed some extra stuff into the carry on just to be sure.  20 kg on the nose.  Airport scales say 18.  Sigh.  Never mind.  At least I wasn't dealing with being 'over' and having to add a few layers to the current outfit. 

On to said outfit.  Normally I try to look a bit respectable and wear girly stuff.  They stop me every fecking time, without fail.  On the way here my laptop was swabbed ffs.  Today I've a hoody on and construction boots.  I'm looking more like something out of a Brooklyn gang, complete with my long black leather coat.  I'm in for the mother of all pat downs imo.  Do they bother me like you'd expect...given my record with airport security and the cut of me today?  They didn't bat an eyelid!  Didn't even ask me to remove the boots to be scanned.  You figure it out because I give up.  lol

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 21, 2012, 02:48:16 PM »

Sat chatting with Sarah on facebook live chat while I wait for my flight.  She's just told me the tale of a local lad who's a D.J. and reckons he's a bit of 'all that'.  I know him and we've always got on well, but he's deffo a very 'confident' sort.  He was on the Irish version of Take Me Out last night.  He didn't even make it to the video round!!!  I'd feel bad for him if he weren't already so sure of himself.  

Apparently he had a farmer's accent as far as the girls on the show were concerned.  He'd have put that on thinking he was charming them...just like he does locally.  [ ] Worked out well last night.  
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 02:55:17 PM by Laxie » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 21, 2012, 06:49:46 PM »

Safe and sound in Leicester watching the rugby with Jack.  Come oooooooooooon MUNSTER!!!

LaxieJr

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: January 22, 2012, 04:17:56 AM »

What the hell man?!  I weighed my bag 'just so' and had it bang on the 20kgs at Mary's house.  Even jammed some extra stuff into the carry on just to be sure.  20 kg on the nose.  Airport scales say 18.  Sigh.  Never mind.  At least I wasn't dealing with being 'over' and having to add a few layers to the current outfit. 

On to said outfit.  Normally I try to look a bit respectable and wear girly stuff.  They stop me every fecking time, without fail.  On the way here my laptop was swabbed ffs.  Today I've a hoody on and construction boots.  I'm looking more like something out of a Brooklyn gang, complete with my long black leather coat.  I'm in for the mother of all pat downs imo.  Do they bother me like you'd expect...given my record with airport security and the cut of me today?  They didn't bat an eyelid!  Didn't even ask me to remove the boots to be scanned.  You figure it out because I give up.  lol

Lol they did that to me too ... will post the take me out video when I find it haven't managed to get me hands on it yet
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 22, 2012, 09:18:34 AM »

Lol they did that to me too ... will post the take me out video when I find it haven't managed to get me hands on it yet

Good woman, but what the heck were you doing up so late?!  Kids these days.  Sigh.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: