blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:31:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  did i do wrong ? knock at the door!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: did i do wrong ? knock at the door!!!!  (Read 13556 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2011, 06:48:28 PM »

Sorry for being long-winded.

Just amuses me when young boys with very little life experience who live in their parents house seek to lecture a much older and more experienced family man with proper bills to pay about life and morality. Easy to burn money off to randoms when the mortgage isn't due and the kids don't need new shoes imo.
same boat, except no mortgage but i seem to have to buy 3 pairs of shoes, trainers, sandals etc every other week. and what do the kids prefer...bloody crocs that their sister bought them for their birthdays. Crocs have to be the worst shoe ever.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2011, 06:50:30 PM »

Just amuses me when young boys with very little life experience who live in their parents house seek to lecture a much older and more experienced family man with proper bills to pay about life and morality. Easy to burn money off to randoms when the mortgage isn't due and the kids don't need new shoes imo.

maybe alcohol should be the first thing to go rather than morals, if things are tight. Id rather move in with mum trigg for eternity than live in a mansion with no mirrors.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2011, 07:07:53 PM »

maybe alcohol should be the first thing to go rather than morals, if things are tight. Id rather move in with mum trigg for eternity than live in a mansion with no mirrors.

Quite philosophical and agree. Didn't know leethefish was an alcoholic, thought it was the other guy.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2011, 09:04:57 PM »

lol at my thread knew this would be a good debate

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2011, 09:05:32 PM »

great post

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
eartoplay

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2011, 09:44:35 PM »

i would have done the same if i needed the cash but the poker gods wont be happy and you know you going to have a bad run unless you do a good turn but the question is what ??
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2011, 10:01:17 PM »

I would have snap called and took the money. I know its not 100% right but fukit.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2011, 10:09:28 PM »

I think it is slightly different if you advertise the van on autotrader and sell it to a random but if a neighbour asked me I would have told him that it failed MOT and would cost £700 or whatever but was generally a good van other than that.  Then if he takes it you have no issue but if not you can advertise it if you so wish.

I've never been in a situation where I desperately needed money and if it came to feeding kids, buying shoes etc then i would prob do it but from what you've said this wasnt the case.  You had accepted you would get scrap value for the van but had a better offer which tested your morals but you took it and thats that. 

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2011, 11:28:07 PM »

No worries, you've always been both long-winded and rubbish at making your posts succinct/interesting etc

Me being young and having few responsibilities has absolutely nothing to do whether I can be a good judge of morals and what's right or wrong. Likewise, being an old man with a family and kids who need shoes doesn't qualify you as a better or worse judge than someone older or younger than you.

lol @ playing the wise man card when you're the guy who was threatening to punch James Keys in the face not so long ago.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2011, 11:47:42 PM »

No worries, you've always been both long-winded and rubbish at making your posts succinct/interesting etc

Me being young and having few responsibilities has absolutely nothing to do whether I can be a good judge of morals and what's right or wrong. Likewise, being an old man with a family and kids who need shoes doesn't qualify you as a better or worse judge than someone older or younger than you.

lol @ playing the wise man card when you're the guy who was threatening to punch James Keys in the face not so long ago.
lol. who is tall enough to punch keys in the face. just followed celtics link to encore and found your blogs. good stuff but 4 aint enough.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2011, 12:46:08 AM »

Sorry about being long-winded and rubbish Cos.

I would deffo use my life experience to advise kids to stand up for themselves when they're being bullied. You are always eager to bring up the James Keys thread which I'm sure your friend appreciates a lot. As I recall, because it was some time ago, a full-time sponsored professional player told me, a recreational amateur player, to shut the fuck up and get off the PHA board because he didn't think my opinions about poker hands were of a good enough standard to warrant inclusion. He was generally condescending and very rude to somebody with far less experience than him. I thought telling a part-time player offering thoughts about poker hands to fuck off from the learning part of the forum was pretty slack really and advised James (from my superior life experience) that if he talked like that to people in real life he'd get a slap. Which he would. Hope this has cleared it up for you.

I could dredge up lots of your old posts that show you are unwise and a poor judge buddy, but my superior life experience tells me that would be rather immature, so I wont.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2011, 01:05:02 AM »

I would deffo use my life experience to advise kids to stand up for themselves when they're being bullied. You are always eager to bring up the James Keys thread which I'm sure your friend appreciates a lot. As I recall, because it was some time ago, a full-time sponsored professional player told me, a recreational amateur player, to shut the fuck up and get off the PHA board because he didn't think my opinions about poker hands were of a good enough standard to warrant inclusion. He was generally condescending and very rude to somebody with far less experience than him. I thought telling a part-time player offering thoughts about poker hands to fuck off from the learning part of the forum was pretty slack really and advised James (from my superior life experience) that if he talked like that to people in real life he'd get a slap. Which he would. Hope this has cleared it up for you.

I could dredge up lots of your old posts that show you are unwise and a poor judge buddy, but my superior life experience tells me that would be rather immature, so I wont.

I dont think Keys minds me bringing that thread up. You bent just what exactly happened but that's to be expected from you and it's cleared up nothing.

I could bump pretty much all of your posts that prove you are a terrible judge of everything (I'll even leave out bumping your PHA contributions that prove you used to be terrible and haven't shown any signs of improvement) but I won't either.

Anyway you best get some sleep. Treadmills don't turn themselves on and the £15 f/o at Walsall won't win itself! gl

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2011, 01:36:14 AM »

I dont think Keys minds me bringing that thread up. You bent just what exactly happened but that's to be expected from you and it's cleared up nothing.

I could bump pretty much all of your posts that prove you are a terrible judge of everything (I'll even leave out bumping your PHA contributions that prove you used to be terrible and haven't shown any signs of improvement) but I won't either.

Anyway you best get some sleep. Treadmills don't turn themselves on and the £15 f/o at Walsall won't win itself! gl

When I saw this thread I thought that leethefish was prob feeling kinda low, what with posting the scenario in the first place. Personally I can see both sides of the argument but considering he is scraping dollars together at present his actions with said random are borderline acceptable and I judged it was best to offer him some reassurance that what he did wasn't so bad and make him feel better. When I noticed that was the unpopular side of the debate I was drawn to the benefit of the doubt option even more, ha ha. I judge that when people are feeling bad and asking for a bit of reassurance in borderline situations giving the benefit of the doubt can be a good thing. When a guy is called dishonest and deceitful and what he did was shitty and scummy I feel compelled to help him out with a bit of balance. Your judgement however is to call the man's act scummy, making him feel worse than he does already. I don't know why you think your involvement itt or any other is superior to mine really.

Oh and experience has taught me working hard for a living and playing within your limits is sensible and nothing to be ashamed of. Mocking these things says what about your own character Greeky?

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2011, 03:30:29 AM »

there are just some people who you would trust 1 million percent with money and your life, there are 2/3 people on this thread i would
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2011, 06:51:16 AM »

there are just some people who you would trust 1 million percent with money and your life, there are 2/3 people on this thread i would

Lend us a few hundred quid...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: