blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:42:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 256 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 618602 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #3765 on: December 23, 2016, 03:24:50 PM »

good luck in the final phil

i am going to be lucky to make 40 points must be a record low for a complete team

Cheers Iron, was like watching two teams score in slow motion.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: December 23, 2016, 03:32:44 PM »

good luck phil, but not too much good luck

whatever happens, quite chuffed to have made it this far having picked up tyreek, montgomery, gabriel, inman etc off waivers in the last six weeks. the team has had a boom or bust feel ever since as will be the way with gadget players but they've all been great week after week. one more week!

missed a trick with hopkins this week, should have remembered he was on waivers and he should rebound nicely with tom savage is real targetting him a lot when he came in last week

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: December 23, 2016, 04:36:22 PM »

Next season I am going to pick up every offensive eagle and keep them on the bench, forget about winning the blondebowl but atleast the eagles will make the playoffs

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: December 23, 2016, 04:46:27 PM »

Brilliant stuff. I'm much more excited now!

You cannot let a man that turns over from the NFL to watch Strictly come dancing on a Sunday night, a man that lets his Defense score 31 points in a semi final against that poor Spider2 Y Banana win the Blonde Dynasty league Brent.

Once the team is picked, you can do no more as Head Coach. The boys have just got to go out there and do their job.

And the Mercenary Dolphins showing up against you is a little unlucky. Tombola defense (2 out of every 10 a winner)

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3769 on: December 23, 2016, 05:43:54 PM »

whatever happens, quite chuffed to have made it this far having picked up tyreek, montgomery, gabriel, inman etc off waivers in the last six weeks. the team has had a boom or bust feel ever since as will be the way with gadget players but they've all been great week after week. one more week!

missed a trick with hopkins this week, should have remembered he was on waivers and he should rebound nicely with tom savage is real targetting him a lot when he came in last week

Tried picking up nuk in a few of the redraft leagues. 17 targets last week?! Can get 17/10 on him at 365 for anyone who can get on.

Anyway. My tactic of picking up the Giants D in most of my leagues failed miserably last night

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: December 23, 2016, 06:42:35 PM »

Deffo some great waiver pick ups in there Rich and I have gone the other way in sticking with the players I had at WR. It's been a really weird season as they have all underperformed really bar Thomas but rarely all underperformed on the same week. So I've got away with it a lot.

On match ups It feels like should start Farrow but hand on heart don't think I've seen a RB style like his last week. He took the hand offs and held the ball like he was bracing for contact all the time yet still managed 2 fumbles.

Hopkins was one of those if I leave him on the waiver and he comes back to haunt me after spending 14 weeks on my squad I will be gutted moments. I toyed with Rudolph and him as my first waiver selection but ended up with Rudolph as I needed the TE more. I'm still not convinced I can rely on Hopkins, Robinson or Jeffrey tbh but if Nuk gets targeted like last week he should do well, tho targeting your best WR when a long way behind might have made that Savage to Hopkins connection look better than it is.

Good luck mate, will be a tight one.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 06:45:52 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: December 24, 2016, 07:56:56 PM »

Thoughts on the below?

I'm assuming bobby1 is throwing the game because it means he gets to pick before me next season. Now I was thinking the same but thought I'd play it fairly.

So I have two questions.

1. Should this be allowed at all?
2. If it is, what the hell happens if both teams do it and the game finishes 0-0?
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: December 24, 2016, 08:47:03 PM »

Thoughts on the below?

I'm assuming bobby1 is throwing the game because it means he gets to pick before me next season. Now I was thinking the same but thought I'd play it fairly.

So I have two questions.

2. If it is, what the hell happens if both teams do it and the game finishes 0-0?

Well. You hit the nail on the head bud, both of us could have played blank as we have both earned  the right to play for position. Exactly the same thing as playing for position if you are already in the play offs and are trying to avoid someone or choose your oppo in the next round. This happened in a quarter final in this league a few years ago(tho it wasn't done by leaving a team blank tho)

To answer both of your questions tho

Playing for position is part of the game, I checked with Curtis earlier in the week there was no prize money available for 3rd place and that the loser got the higher draft pick. The sub question tho is probably should the league be set up in such a way that the 3rd and 4th and 5th and 6th place play offs don't reward the team that win, which is a strange situation to be in. tbh I didn't even know that was the case until this week and we have been playing 3 seasons.

In the year that the quarter finalist played for a certain semi final  (perfectly acceptable as he had earned the right to do that) I considered trying that too but didn't. He won the league, I was 2nd, fair play to him, he played it better than I did.

If you had played for position too and it finished 0-0 then I think you would win as the higher seed. Tho I would say that 3rd-4th place game winner should get the better draft pick order the following season and that should be changed going forward if it gets voted in.

Cheers

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: December 24, 2016, 08:53:42 PM »

Obvious answer is fix the draft positions based on final league standings at end of regular season,  but make the overall champion pick last.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: December 24, 2016, 09:11:14 PM »

Thoughts on the below?

So I have two questions.

Well. You hit the nail on the head bud, both of us could have played blank as we have both earned  the right to play for position. Exactly the same thing as playing for position if you are already in the play offs and are trying to avoid someone or choose your oppo in the next round. This happened in a quarter final in this league a few years ago(tho it wasn't done by leaving a team blank tho)

Playing for position is part of the game, I checked with Curtis earlier in the week there was no prize money available for 3rd place and that the loser got the higher draft pick. The sub question tho is probably should the league be set up in such a way that the 3rd and 4th and 5th and 6th place play offs don't reward the team that win, which is a strange situation to be in. tbh I didn't even know that was the case until this week and we have been playing 3 seasons.

In the year that the quarter finalist played for a certain semi final  (perfectly acceptable as he had earned the right to do that) I considered trying that too but didn't. He won the league, I was 2nd, fair play to him, he played it better than I did.

If you had played for position too and it finished 0-0 then I think you would win as the higher seed. Tho I would say that 3rd-4th place game winner should get the better draft pick order the following season and that should be changed going forward if it gets voted in.

Cheers

Just FYI I'm not complaining here. Annoyed at myself for not doing the same if its legal! Smiley

I think the answer should be the following:

Winner of Consolation bracket - 1st pick.
Runner-up of Consolation bracket - 2nd pick
Loser of Championship game - 9th pick
Winner of Championship game - 10th pick

Everyone else depends on their regular season record.

The two games above all have something to play for whereas the other games don't, so this seems fairer and stops the issue raised above.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: December 24, 2016, 09:15:15 PM »

Some interesting moves in the D League finals.

Horneris is massively ahead currently but unfortunately for him, the Patriots are 34-0 up at the end of the third so have benched Brady & co from the looks of it - an opening for Tal?
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: December 24, 2016, 10:30:27 PM »

Thoughts on the below?

So I have two questions.

Cheers

Just FYI I'm not complaining here. Annoyed at myself for not doing the same if its legal! Smiley

I think the answer should be the following:

Winner of Consolation bracket - 1st pick.
Runner-up of Consolation bracket - 2nd pick
Loser of Championship game - 9th pick
Winner of Championship game - 10th pick

Everyone else depends on their regular season record.

The two games above all have something to play for whereas the other games don't, so this seems fairer and stops the issue raised above.

Think that's the crux really. I didn't know it was set up that way as I've never played in a consolation match before so made sure asked Curtis which way it went. If the winner of the 3rd place play off gets the better draft pick and the winner of the 5th and 7th and 9th game play off (if they are all the same) gets the best pick then think that probably makes every game competitive.

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: December 26, 2016, 01:14:22 PM »

Oioiiiiiii, gtfo Leknave!

Winner winnnnnnnnar, championnnnnneeeeee, championeeee.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: December 26, 2016, 01:23:38 PM »

unlucky to bobby1 in blonde b.

Big swings in our match up, i had two broken legs on saturday and feared the worst (Carr, Lockett) and was indebted once again to David Johnson who was a match winner week in week out all season and was so again in the final with 29 points. Proved to be the difference between the two sides

still, was pretty happy to see through my sleepy eyes Tyreek the freak rip off the 70yd rushing TD last night though

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: December 26, 2016, 01:39:22 PM »

And GG to Horneris in the Dynasty league. Thought I'd blown it when I watched Gates tearing it up, after I'd dropped him for the target-less Hunter Henry.

Johnson and Bell will hopefully be the bedrock of my team for a few years. Having the only kicker in the NFL who can aim seems to have helped, too.

Gravediggers Ho!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 256 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: