blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:12:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 623888 times)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3825 on: August 02, 2017, 12:13:32 PM »

One bit of pre-season admin I've had to do is to get all the rosters down to 30 players via the Keepers option (you go over 30 via your IR players from last season being added back into the main roster).

Rather than wait for everyone to complete their own keepers section (which is a pain, given that we don't rely on it for the draft process anyway) I've taken a guess at everyone's rosters and removed the players shown below.  If a player is showing as 'Lost' on the list then they've been removed from the game by Yahoo, due to retirement.

I've applied very little thought to the process - basically I've chosen suspended, PUP, unrostered players in general.  If anyone wants to change any of these selections then please let me know which player you want adding back and who you want to remove in their place and I'll make the necessary amendments.  Please bear in mind that your draft picks will also involve you removing someone from the roster to accommodate the new pick, so hopefully the guesses won't be too much of an issue.  However, I'm happy to deal with all requests whilst the draft is in progress.

Non-keeper selections are shown below:

Team   Roster Count   Lost Players   To Remove      Removed 1   Removed 2   Removed 3   Removed 4   Removed 5      Lost Player 1   Lost Player 2
Absolutely Gash   32   1   1      Josh Gordon                  Steve Smith Sr   
ArkansasGravediggers   35   0   5      Anquan Boldin   Tajae Sharpe   DeAngelo Williams   Darius Jackson   Jay Cutler         
Blacklaw's Braves   31   2   0                        Andre Johnson   Nate Washington
Injured Reserves   31      1      DuJuan Harris                     
MattyHollis   30      0                           
My Tight End Ertz   34      4      Matt Asiata   Robert Griffin III   Paul Turner   Alex Collins            
Spider2 Y Banana   35      5      Jordan Reed   Sammie Coates   Tony Romo   Stevie Johnson   Benjamin Watson         
There is now hope   30      0                           
Tifosi BlackHearts   31   1   0                        Karlos Williams   
Vegas Venoms   31      1      Devin Smith                     

Edit: the table alignment didn't copy across very well, so just to confirm that the 4 'lost' players are Steve Smith Sr, Andre Johnson, Nate Washington and Karlos Williams.  Everyone else listed is based on my guesswork for non-keepers.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 12:15:08 PM by Sheriff Fatman » Logged

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: August 02, 2017, 05:25:21 PM »

The schedules have now been updated to ensure two divisional games with each opponent and one game with each team from the other division.

I think there is just one task remaining now, which is a bit of a pain to do.  I effectively have to do the offline draft by drafting each of your current keepers back onto your roster.  The system then recognises this as the draft result leaving us free to do the actual draft as free agent pickups.  Unfortunately, if I try to bypass this it blanks out all the rosters and expects there to be a full draft of all players.

I finish this off this evening and, by the looks of things, that will be all the pre-season, pre-draft bits sorted (assuming nothing else subsequently appears in the list!)

Almost there....

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: August 03, 2017, 11:16:00 AM »

All the pre-draft admin is now complete, so we're ready to commence the draft.

A quick reminder to all of the process.  Make your picks on this thread, and I'll update the list periodically (and don't forget that you can only draft rookies!).  We'll use the blondepoker clock to determine timings of picks, and each manager is on the clock for a maximum of 24hrs after the previous pick, after which the next manager can jump ahead of them (NB: an expired pick can be made at any time).

Trading of picks is allowed, for either players or other picks (including next years picks).  Current year picks can't be processed on Yahoo (as the site thinks the draft has already happened) so please announce them on here if you're agreeing a trade.  If you trade a future pick then this can be done on Yahoo, but there has to be an equal swap of picks (by count), so if you're trading next seasons 1st rounder, the other player will have to put in a round 30 pick to balance the trade, along with any players being traded.

Based on the feedback from last season a manager can only declare themselves done with drafting on their own current pick, and once they've done so this decision is final.  All subsequent picks will be passed by them and we continue the draft until all managers have opted to pass.

Once you've made a pick, it's your job to make the pick from the free agent pool and choose a player to drop.  I will have to do the early picks directly as Commissioner as the site has currently kicked off a waiver period which runs for the next few days (which I have no way of cancelling) so please let me know who you wish to drop until this has cleared.

I think that covers the basics, but please let me know if any queries.  I'll be sending a PM to all managers requesting the £20 entry fee for the season.  I'm pretty sure everyone has confirmed that they're staying in the league this season but, for clarity, if you make a draft pick then you're committing to the fee for this season.  We have a waiting list of managers for this league, so it's only fair that they get to draft if they're expected to pay the fee for the season.

And with that, it's time to draft.  Good luck guys.

With the 1st overall pick of the 2017 draft, My Tight End Ertz selects Leonard Fournette, RB, JAX (dropping Jermaine Gresham).

Matty Hollis is now on the clock.

1.01   My Tight End Ertz   Sheriff Fatman - Leonard Fournette - RB - JAX
1.02   MattyHollis   MattyHollis
1.03   Blacklaw's Braves   ForthThistle
1.04   Injured Reserves   TightEnd
1.05   Absolutely Gash   ChipRich / LeKnave
1.06   Tifosi BlackHearts   TheSicilian
1.07   Spider2 Y Banana   bobby1
1.08   Vegas Venoms   KarmaDope
1.09   There is now hope   Horneris
1.10   ArkansasGravediggers   Tal

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: August 03, 2017, 11:34:50 AM »

i cannot access the league

"You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)"

what is the link to it please?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: August 03, 2017, 11:38:21 AM »

i cannot access the league

"You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)"

what is the link to it please?

That's odd.  Not sure why as you're still on the list of active managers, so it's perhaps an old link to last year's league.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/64734 should get you there.  Let me know if still a problem.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: August 03, 2017, 11:40:03 AM »

Also, for info, if anyone spots it and is puzzled.  Blacklaws Brave's roster only had 29 players, but the draft required 30, so I added in Cody Parkey to complete the draft and then dropped him back into the pool.  Consequently, it shows as a player transaction on the list.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: August 03, 2017, 11:44:18 AM »

I have contacted Taland he is now aware and will post when he's up

it may be an idea if someone has an email or phone number for David Blacklaw to do the same?

My eyes are open wide
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: August 03, 2017, 11:46:15 AM »

I have contacted Taland he is now aware and will post when he's up

it may be an idea if someone has an email or phone number for David Blacklaw to do the same?

I'd seen Tal was active on the site as he'd put players into his starting line up (post draft they all show on your bench).  I'll try to contact David via Facebook.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: August 03, 2017, 12:05:12 PM »

ForthThistle has been in contact via FB, so all good there.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: August 04, 2017, 07:52:52 AM »

Not exactly off to a flying start are we!

If MattyHollis hasn't picked by 11:16am on the blonde clock then ForthThistle will be free to make his pick after that time.

I've dropped Matty a PM as a reminder, but he was online yesterday so has presumably seen the thread and is aware he's on the clock.

Hopefully things will pick up pace a bit today, although ForthThistle is doing updates at Goliath so we might have to wait for him to get a suitable break for him to make his pick too.

I can only imagine the kind of state Tighty is now in, waiting for his moment to unleash 6 months of research on Pick 1.04.

MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: August 04, 2017, 09:10:23 AM »

Apologies, hadn't realised I was on the clock until Sheriff sent the PM.

With pick 2 I select : Joe Mixon RB,CIN - drop Orleans Darkwa
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: August 04, 2017, 09:51:24 AM »

Confirmed receipt of entry fees so far from Tighty, Tal and KarmaDope.

Thanks guys.

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: August 04, 2017, 12:00:32 PM »

1.03   Blacklaw's Braves   ForthThistle Selects Christian McCaffrey - Panthers
No Player Dropped.

Clock is now on Tighty.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: August 04, 2017, 02:08:33 PM »

I've processed the early picks, and reversed some of the keeper cuts where changes have been requested by managers (still waiting to hear from LeKnave to confirm another one of these too).

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: August 04, 2017, 02:29:39 PM »

1.04 Dalvin Cook RB Vikings. Kenneth Dixon to injured reserve please to make space. Chip rich/we knave OTC

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: