blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:04:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 616535 times)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: September 03, 2013, 11:44:48 PM »

Oh and welcome to LEXUS by the way.

He's co-managing Marky147's team this year, which I believe generally means he's managing Marky147's team this year (I'm sure sharplea can provide insight into this!)

He's signed up to join in the banter, but any abuse in the weekly reports will be officially owned by Mark!

and  

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: September 03, 2013, 11:45:13 PM »

That running back charge early doors was fun! Nothing I could do about it but watch.

Horneris autopick made out big time with Spiller in 11.

Most leagues take 10 running backs 1-10 and then Megatron goes 11, he saw two non RBs go in the top 10 and lucked into Spiller

Sheriff did have a good draft. Wilson was shrewd. Bryant went number 2 WR, which he has done in some very powerful leagues this drafting season

yes Spiller and Charles looked brill value. fwiw I hated pick 3 too.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: September 03, 2013, 11:49:26 PM »

Food for thought, but we could maybe let people choose draft position next year based on their finishing positions this time around.

Probably something like newbies get to choose their spot first, then remaining managers from the previous season pick their slots after that in descending order.

It might make the later games still meaningful to some extent as there is some sort of incentive to keep playing for.

Opinions welcome.

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 03, 2013, 11:50:43 PM »

I'm going to work on getting through this year first

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 03, 2013, 11:54:02 PM »

None of the mock drafts I did had such a flurry of RBs straight away. People generally picked the top names in each field, with a slight favouritism towards QBs. I got the impression that there could be a panic if two or three people picked in the same position consecutively and that we would see half a dozen names from a pool drop out quickly. This was more exaggerated, though, so it caught me completely by surprise.

Happy with Brees, though. Think Payton might decide 'sod it. let's go all out for that passing record!'

Now the real work begins, I imagine...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 04, 2013, 12:05:13 AM »

That running back charge early doors was fun! Nothing I could do about it but watch.

Horneris autopick made out big time with Spiller in 11.

Most leagues take 10 running backs 1-10 and then Megatron goes 11, he saw two non RBs go in the top 10 and lucked into Spiller

Sheriff did have a good draft. Wilson was shrewd. Bryant went number 2 WR, which he has done in some very powerful leagues this drafting season

The number of teams, roster setup and points settings can influence things hugely though.

I did loads of mock drafts to replicate the 12 team double roster league with 6 points for QB TDs, where I had pick 12.  Given that I've played it for two years previously, I thought I'd got a feel for it.  But no, nothing prepared me for these Round 1 picks....

1.    Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB)
2.    Drew Brees (NO - QB)
3.    Adrian Peterson (Min - RB)
4.    Peyton Manning (Den - QB)
5.    Cam Newton (Car - QB)
6.    Tom Brady (NE - QB)
7.    Matthew Stafford (Det - QB)
8.    Colin Kaepernick (SF - QB)
9.    Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)
10.    Andrew Luck (Ind - QB)
11.    Robert Griffin III (Was - QB)

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 04, 2013, 12:11:35 AM »

Depth charts are visible on the link below, for anyone who wants to follow this:

http://blondepoker.league.fantasy.nfl.com/league/463186/depthcharts

Draft results are here:

http://blondepoker.league.fantasy.nfl.com/league/463186/draftresults

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #892 on: September 04, 2013, 12:27:39 AM »

i have a bench rb that looks like his out for the season..is there a way of replacing him?..not sure how waivers work?

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: September 04, 2013, 01:00:39 AM »

i have a bench rb that looks like his out for the season..is there a way of replacing him?..not sure how waivers work?

Think of waivers as a way of preventing pickups from the Free Agent pool being done on a first come, first served basis.  Therefore if someone watches a player get injured in a game on live TV, they can't just log onto the site and pick up his backup/replacement.

If you look at the player pool now, everyone's status ('Owner') is W(Sep 5), which means they're all currently on waivers until tomorrow (which is standard after the draft).

If you also check the league table, you'll see that all the teams have a waiver priority against them (which initially is the reverse order of the draft, so LeKNave is No1, Tighty is number 16).

Any player who is on waivers can only be picked up at this point via a waiver request, so if you try to add someone now you'll be asked who you want to drop, and this will submit a waiver claim, rather than add the player to your team immediately.  When the waiver period ends (usually around 8am on a Wednesday once game weeks begin) everyone's claims are reviewed and the person with the highest waiver priority gets the player they've requested.  They then go to the bottom of the priority pile and everyone else moves up a spot.

After waivers clear (so at some point tomorrow, initially) all the remaining players in the pool switch to a status of 'FA' and anyone with this status can be picked up on a first come, first served basis after that, and they'll immediately be added to your team.  (NB: any players dropped from a roster go onto waivers for 24hours after being dropped, so the same principle applies to them).  Players automatically go back onto waiver status once their game kicks off each week, so the process repeats in this way throughout the season.

It will make much more sense once you've seen it in action, compared to the above description.  Basically, in terms of fixing your draft, I wouldn't bother making waiver claims and losing your priority at this point.  Just give it 24 hours or so until everyone becomes Free Agents and do your changes then (be quick if you want a DEN or BAL player as they'll go back onto waivers once tomorrow's game kicks off).

Ultimately, the weekly waiver process is a balancing act between making a claim(s) before the deadline and giving up your priority, or hoping that no-one else wants them and waiting until they're available to pick up as Free Agents.  In deeper leagues especially, there's an advantage to having the No1 priority if there's a big injury and his replacement, sitting in the pool, suddenly becomes a starter as you're guaranteed to get him if you want him.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 01:02:45 AM by Sheriff Fatman » Logged

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 04, 2013, 12:03:54 PM »

Sheriff's Stars gets their season underway with an explosive matchup, squaring off with Johnny Football's Autograph. The early projections have Sheriff's Stars winning this one by 19.68 points, 103.78 - 84.10.

With 16 teams in the league, this is the only week these two are scheduled to play.

Johnny Football's Autograph has Demaryius Thomas (12.70 projected points) playing in the game Thursday night. All of the players in the starting lineup for Sheriff's Stars are scheduled to play later in the week. Five other league matchups get underway on Thursday: Budd Dwyers Disciples vs. Vegas Venoms, Virgin Autopicks FTW vs. B Side's, and three others.

Sheriff's Stars has the edge at two positions, RB and DEF, the largest of which is RB. At that position, they should outscore Johnny Football's Autograph 37.20 - 25.80. Johnny Football's Autograph has a sizable advantage at WR, where they're projected to beat Sheriff's Stars 28.30 - 18.30. To increase their projected matchup lead, Sheriff's Stars may consider adding Jason Avant (8.50 projected points).

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 04, 2013, 12:56:10 PM »

Made a rookie mistake by jumping the gun and accidently using my waiver despite Curt telling me how not to Smiley  hasnt stopped me joining another random league..draft this afternoon..lol cant wait

Edit: managed to delete the waiver...wiiii
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:58:34 PM by the sicilian » Logged

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 04, 2013, 06:06:04 PM »

2013/14 Team Preview & Draft Analysis

Hearts Division

Team: Virgin Autopicks FTW
Manager: ForthThistle
Draft Position: 5th

Pos   Player   Team
QB   Tom Brady   NE/10
QB   Philip Rivers   SD/8
RB   Ray Rice   Bal/8
RB   Reggie Bush   Det/9
RB   Isaiah Pead   StL/11
RB   Mike Goodson   NYJ/10
RB   Jonathan Dwyer   Pit/5
WR   Steve Smith   Car/4
WR   Pierre Garcon   Was/5
WR   Greg Little   Cle/10
WR   Andre Roberts   Ari/9
WR   Brian Quick   StL/11
TE   Kyle Rudolph   Min/5
TE   Zach Miller   Sea/12
PK   Josh Scobee   Jac/9
DEF   Tampa Bay   TB/5

The first of our rookie recruits into the league this season, and by far the most active in asking questions, managed to assemble a reasonably balanced team in the main starting positions.  Rice, Brady and Reggie Bush in the first 3 rounds were good selections in particular.  Later on we did get to see odd signs of inexperience, with an early selection of Tampa Bay's DEF and the pickup of Jonathan Dwyer, recently cut by the Steelers, being the obvious ones to the more experienced eyes (and this one can be forgiven as there's little to indicate this on the NFL site).  Overall, there's a good base of talent to work with, which should enable him to be competitive.
Potential Sneaky Value Pick: Mike Goodson at 11.05 - the early season suspension aside, he has the potential to challenge Chris Ivory for the starting job in a weak Jets backfield.

Team: Vegas Venoms
Manager: sharplea
Draft Position: 9th

Pos   Player   Team
QB   Russell Wilson   Sea/12
QB   Joe Flacco   Bal/8
RB   DeMarco Murray   Dal/11
RB   Lamar Miller   Mia/6
RB   Ryan Williams   Ari/9
RB   Jonathan Stewart   Car/4
WR   Calvin Johnson   Det/9
WR   Torrey Smith   Bal/8
WR   Kenny Britt   Ten/8
WR   Alshon Jeffery   Chi/8
WR   Riley Cooper   Phi/12
WR   Julian Edelman   NE/10
TE   Brandon Pettigrew   Det/9
TE   Coby Fleener   Ind/8
PK   Matt Prater   Den/9
DEF   Seattle   Sea/12

Released from the shackles of Marky147 and running a solo team in his 2nd season, sharplea struck fear into the hands of the Commish late last night by publishing his team on the thread, until I realised that it was the mock draft team he'd been referring to earlier.  The real-life version, thankfully, is less talented than the mock version, for all our sakes!  The standout area in his line-up is undoubtedly the receiving corps, but this is at the expense of a brittle looking (quite literally in the cases of Murray, Williams and Stewart) set of RBs.  His chances will surely depend on their ability to stay/get healthy this year.
Potential Sneaky Value Pick: Riley Cooper at 14.08 - In Maclin's absence he's the No2 WR in Philly.  His, ahem, race-relation issues may be the biggest obstacle he faces this season but he's a big target for Vick to hit in the red zone.

Team: Budd Dwyers Disciples
Manager: LeKnave
Draft Position: 16th

Pos   Player   Team
QB   Carson Palmer   Ari/9
RB   Chris Johnson   Ten/8
RB   Maurice Jones-Drew   Jac/9
RB   Giovani Bernard   Cin/12
RB   LeVeon Bell   Pit/5
RB   Bernard Pierce   Bal/8
WR   Dwayne Bowe   KC/10
WR   T.Y. Hilton   Ind/8
WR   Wes Welker   Den/9
WR   Kenbrell Thompkins   NE/10
WR   Cordarrelle Patterson   Min/5
WR   Percy Harvin   Sea/12
TE   Fred Davis   Was/5
TE   Rob Housler   Ari/9
PK   Sebastian Janikowski   Oak/7
DEF   Cleveland   Cle/10

LeKnave spent the majority of last season quietly demonstrating his shrewdness as a manager by steadily racking up the wins with a powerful looking roster.  This time he's adopted the approach of potential mad genius if his draft policy pays off.  After 10 rounds of the draft he'd selected 5RBs and 5WRs, leaving him with Carson Palmer as his only QB on the roster.  There's no doubt Palmer can sling a pass or two.  The question is which team ends up catching them.  Impressively, he still managed to find a decent TE in Fred Davis, and Housler might also be value once he's healthy (the dreaded 'high ankle sprain' is hard to predict).  On the flipside, the policy has generated a lot of upside value and depth at RB and WR for him to work with.  Kenbrell Thompkins' stock has risen enough for him to no longer be considered a sleeper.  I do wonder whether LeKnave will have enough patience to stick with Harvin on his roster until his likely late-season return.
Potential Sneaky Value Pick: LeVeon Bell at 10.01 - He has a Lisfranc injury, which could mean anything from Week 2 return to IR.  If it's something like the former then he's potentially picked up a starting RB in round 10.

Team: The Tifosi
Manager: The Sicilian
Draft Position: 12th

Pos   Player   Team
QB    Aaron Rodgers   GB/4
QB    Alex Smith   KC/10
RB    Alfred Morris   Was/5
RB    Ahmad Bradshaw   Ind/8
RB    James Starks   GB/4
RB    DuJuan Harris   GB/4
WR   Eric Decker   Den/9
WR   Lance Moore   NO/7
WR   Denarius Moore   Oak/7
WR    Darrius Heyward-Bey   Ind/8
WR   Santana Moss   Was/5
TE    Jason Witten   Dal/11
TE   Tony Scheffler   Det/9
PK   Justin Tucker   Bal/8
PK   Josh Brown   NYG/9
DEF   Baltimore   Bal/8

Another rookie manager, and potential future addict judging by his subsequent posts, he proceeded to find great value with almost all of his early picks (Morris, Rodgers, Decker, Bradshaw, Witten in the first 5 rounds) to the extent that I'd thought we'd been cleverly hustled.  Whether it was cunning subterfuge or not, he then tried to undo this with a kicker pick in the 10th round followed by a pickup of DuJuan Harris (now on IR for the season) in the 12th.  I must admit though, I still really like the look of this roster.  Could be a dark-horse!
Potential Sneaky Value Pick: Darrius Heyward-Bey at 9.12 - Wayne and TY Hilton get all the headlines in Indy, but Heyward-Bey's blocking skills might keep him on the field and, as an Al Davis Oakland draft-pick, he naturally has pace, albeit with a pair of concrete hands at times!

Clubs Division

Team: Longy's laughable losers
Manager: Longy
Draft Position: 7th

Pos   Player   Team
QB    Colin Kaepernick   SF/9
QB    Christian Ponder   Min/5
RB    LeSean McCoy   Phi/12
RB    DeAngelo Williams   Car/4
RB    Pierre Thomas   NO/7
RB    Toby Gerhart   Min/5
RB    Felix Jones   Pit/5
WR    Andre Johnson   Hou/8
WR   DeSean Jackson   Phi/12
WR    Kendall Wright   Ten/8
WR   Jeremy Kerley   NYJ/10
TE   Jimmy Graham   NO/7
TE   Ed Dickson   Bal/8
TE   Zach Ertz   Phi/12
PK   Matt Bryant   Atl/6
DEF   New England   NE/10

Yet another rookie manager kicks off our analysis of the Clubs division, albeit one with very good knowledge of the College Football scene, so surely capable of spotting good value among the rookie class.  Got great value in the early rounds with McCoy, Graham, Andre Johnson and Kaepernick (Camel has probably sent the trade offer already!)  The biggest areas of concern looks to be the RB depth behind McCoy (relying on DeAngelo Williams is never a good place to be) but if he can get usable production out of Willams and Pierre 'Timeshare' Thomas then this again has the makings of a competitive roster.  As he admits himself, he's heavily reliant on the Eagles for the season and I can definitely attest to the fact that this is generally not a strategy that ends well!
Potential Sneaky Value Pick: Zach Ertz at 14.10 - lots of potential upside from a receiving TE in Chip Kelly's offense but the receptions may well be spread around the other TEs such as Celek, so it's far from guaranteed.

Team: Bobby1's Broncos
Manager: bobby1
Draft Position: 3rd

Pos   Player   Team
QB    Matt Ryan   Atl/6
QB    Sam Bradford   StL/11
RB    Marshawn Lynch   Sea/12
RB    Eddie Lacy   GB/4
RB    Daryl Richardson   StL/11
RB   Daniel Thomas   Mia/6
RB    Mike Tolbert   Car/4
RB    Stepfan Taylor   Ari/9
RB    Robert Turbin   Sea/12
WR    Roddy White   Atl/6
WR    Miles Austin   Dal/11
WR    Vincent Brown   SD/8
WR    Donnie Avery   KC/10
TE   Jared Cook   StL/11
PK   Kai Forbath   Was/5
DEF   Cincinnati   Cin/12

The first of the £100 entrants, and a shrewd judge of player due to his sports betting background, the overwhelming feeling from looking at bobby1's roster is that it carries a lot of upside, but a lot of uncertainty with it.  Lynch and Roddy White are as solid as they get, but there are a lot of players in this roster who are tipped to do great things, but who have yet to demonstrate it (e.g Lacy, Richardson, Brown, Avery and Cook are the standouts).  Consequently, if all of these hit their potential then we could well be looking at a powerful roster, but we could also be looking back at the end of the season at lot of guys who flopped.  Very, very hard to predict what we'll see here, but this is a team not to be underestimated.
Potential Sneaky Value Pick: There are many of them, but I'll go for Vincent Brown at 9.03 - we've had two seasons of waiting for him to break out, and he's been plagued by injuries.  Is season 3 the one where it finally happens?

Team: Landry's Losers
Manager: Marky147 / LEXUS
Draft Position: 10th

Pos   Player   Team
QB    Andy Dalton   Cin/12
QB    Ben Roethlisberger   Pit/5
RB    Matt Forte   Chi/8
RB    Rashard Mendenhall   Ari/9
RB    Ben Tate   Hou/8
RB   BenJarvus Green-Ellis   Cin/12
RB    Mikel Leshoure   Det/9
WR    Julio Jones   Atl/6
WR   Reggie Wayne   Ind/8
WR    Brian Hartline   Mia/6
WR    Aaron Dobson   NE/10
TE   Jordan Cameron   Cle/10
TE   Brent Celek   Phi/12
TE    Jake Ballard   NE/10
PK   Caleb Sturgis   Mia/6
DEF     Pittsburgh   Pit/5

This roster looks like what you'd expect from a team with a middle pick in the order - plenty of solid value without any of the superstar names that everyone covets.  The RB group of Forte, Mendenhall and Tate could all do great things, but are subject to health concerns (in Tate's case it's Foster's heath too that's a factor), the QB pair of Ginger and Injured can kick out big numbers and also have the potential for terrible games so this is the first roster we've seen which will actively have to game-select it's starting QB.  It has the potential to be an under-the-radar contender, but carries a higher than average risk of being devastated by injuries.
Potential Sneaky Value Pick: Jordan Cameron at 8.07 - I love this pick.  He's a big target with a lot of red-zone potential.  Could be a star TE this season.

Team: MANAGER RETIRED
Manager: Horneris
Draft Position: 11th

Pos   Player   Team
QB   Cam Newton   Car/4
RB   C.J. Spiller   Buf/12
RB   Isaac Redman   Pit/5
RB   Shonn Greene   Ten/8
RB   Knile Davis   KC/10
RB   LaMichael James   SF/9
WR   Brandon Marshall   Chi/8
WR    Victor Cruz   NYG/9
WR   Antonio Brown   Pit/5
WR    Steve Johnson   Buf/12
WR   Markus Wheaton   Pit/5
WR   Keenan Allen   SD/8
TE   Brandon Myers   NYG/9
TE   Heath Miller   Pit/5
PK   Robbie Gould   Chi/8
DEF   Green Bay   GB/4

Relying on auto-pick to draft your team is never a great option, but Horneris will no doubt have been overjoyed when he turned up for the draft after 10 rounds to see that, rather than staring at a disaster, he was looking at a very solid set of value picks.  Spiller, Marshall, Cruz, Newton and Brown are all great names to see on your roster.  The only criticism that could be levelled at the auto-draft was that it kept going back for WRs early on, leaving the RB position exposed, but Redman is a designated starter for now in Pittsburgh, pending Bell's recovery, so it's not a total disaster but I suspect that Horneris may choose to do a bit of trade business to balance things up a bit.  Kudos to him for not totally making a balls-up of the human picks he made, with some nice value spots found in the late rounds.
Potential Sneaky Value Pick: Markus Wheaton at 13.11 - a rookie WR for the Steelers who's shown flashes of potential to be the long-term replacement for Mike Wallace in Pittsburgh.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 04, 2013, 06:08:46 PM »

Spades Division

Team: Sheriff's Stars
Manager: Sheriff
Draft Position: 14th

Pos   Player   Team
QB    Matt Schaub   Hou/8
QB   Michael Vick   Phi/12
RB    David Wilson   NYG/9
RB    Ryan Mathews   SD/8
RB    Joique Bell   Det/9
RB    Bryce Brown   Phi/12
WR    Dez Bryant   Dal/11
WR    Cecil Shorts   Jac/9
WR    Justin Blackmon   Jac/9
WR    Nate Washington   Ten/8
WR    Nick Toon   NO/7
TE    Rob Gronkowski   NE/10
TE   Zach Sudfeld   NE/10
TE   Julius Thomas   Den/9
PK   Garrett Hartley   NO/7
DEF   San Francisco   SF/9

The Stars faced an agonising decision pre-draft when, after much consideration, Sheriff finally opted not to follow the lead of his other leagues and rename the team to the Eagle-centric "My TE Ertz After A Vinny Curry'.  The draft itself turned out to be a series of last minute decison changes so it could well be a case of thinking 'what could have been' at the end of the season.  Generally, these changes were to higher risk options (e.g. Mathews in favour of Kaepernick, Vick in favour of Stafford) and the overwhelming feeling from looking at the squad is that it's full of players with as-yet unfulfilled potential for Fantasy.  Position-wise it's reasonably balanced, but it's impossible to know whether Vick, Mathews, Blackmon, etc are going to be stars or busts this season.  Fully healthy and on-form, this could be a devastating team.  Injured and unproductive, it could simply leave the manager devastated, but I'm encouraged by the positive response from other managers post-draft!
Potential Sneaky Value Pick: Sudfeld would have been the obvious choice earlier in the pre-season, but he's shot up the draft ranks and become a mainstream pick now, so I'll go for Nick Toon at 15.14 - no-one really knows what to expect from the Saints receivers as Brees spreads the ball around to so many of them.  Toon has had a decent pre-season but Stills is the one getting the higher profile.  Toon may well turn out to have the better numbers at the end of the season.

Team: Teddington Tailgators
Manager: rinswun
Draft Position: 13th

Pos   Player   Team
QB   Eli Manning   NYG/9
QB   Jake Locker   Ten/8
RB   Jamaal Charles   KC/10
RB   Chris Ivory   NYJ/10
RB   Montee Ball   Den/9
RB   Ronnie Hillman   Den/9
RB   Marcel Reece   Oak/7
WR   A.J. Green   Cin/12
WR   Jordy Nelson   GB/4
WR   Greg Jennings   Min/5
WR   Michael Floyd   Ari/9
WR   Nate Burleson   Det/9
TE   Jermaine Gresham   Cin/12
TE   Marcedes Lewis   Jac/9
PK   Randy Bullock   Hou/8
DEF   Denver   Den/9

Another newcomer to the league, and a rookie NFL manager, but not a newcomer to US Fantasy sports by the looks of things.  This roster has enviable depth at RB, in particular, and WR but a lot more question marks at QB and TE.  Eli Manning was a nightmare for owners last season, yet can be an Elite real-life QB at times, and Jake Locker also flashes potential, but in an unpredictable manner.  Gresham at TE should see some loss of targets to Tyler Eifert, but no-one knows to what extent, so he's a bit of a lottery ticket, as is Marcedes Lewis due to the QB issues in Jacksonville.  The RB depth and 'big name' WRs are key here and will be relied upon heavily to churn out the regular points for this team
Potential Sneaky Value Pick:The superbly-named Randy Bullock at 13.13 - he's projected to be a top 3 kicker overall, and in this league with it's new kicker scoring rules, the value of having a strong-legged kicker playing in a dome for the season might prove to be a difference maker in close matchups.  Time will tell, but I was waiting to pick him up when I saw him being avoided by the earlier teams taking kickers, and he went one pick before I was about to pull the trigger!

Team: Stapleton Atheists
Manager: The Camel
Draft Position: 4th

Pos   Player   Team
QB    Peyton Manning   Den/9
QB    EJ Manuel   Buf/12
RB    Doug Martin   TB/5
RB    Frank Gore   SF/9
RB    Rashad Jennings   Oak/7
RB    Roy Helu   Was/5
WR    James Jones   GB/4
WR    Anquan Boldin   SF/9
WR   Emmanuel Sanders   Pit/5
WR    DeAndre Hopkins   Hou/8
WR    Kenny Stills   NO/7
TE    Jermichael Finley   GB/4
TE    Martellus Bennett   Chi/8
TE    Scott Chandler   Buf/12
PK   Phil Dawson   SF/9
DEF   Miami   Mia/6

Defending champion Camel comes back with a weight of expectation on his shoulders and a determination to prove that last season was no fluke (despite the fact that we all know it was!)  The biggest surprise to me was that he didn't go back for some of the players who did so well for him last season, particularly Kaepernick.  Perhaps it's unfair of me to have assumed this, but I thought Kaep in particular would be a dead cert to get back onto Camel's team.  Instead, Keith has placed his reliance on seasoned veterans with Peyton Manning, Gore and Boldin among his first 5 picks.  This is supplemented by a few rookies with upside potential, but the overall feel, again possibly unfairly, is of an 'old' team.  But then again, the Ravens were an 'old' team last season, and look what they did!  Doug Martin feels like a steal at No.4 overall, and it would be foolish to underestimate Camel in this league.  This looks like another team that may only sneak into the play-offs but could then go on a charge like last season!
Potential Sneaky Value Pick:Roy Helu at 11.04 - he was pretty much a non-factor last season due to Morris breaking out but two season's ago he was drawing rave reviews.  He's had an impressive pre-season and Shanahan generally does love to tinker with his backfield, so I suspect Helu will get more use this season and could be a sneaky Flex player.

Team: Johnny Football's Autograph
Manager: Linux
Draft Position: 2nd

Pos   Player   Team
QB   Robert Griffin III   Was/5
QB   Josh Freeman   TB/5
RB   Arian Foster   Hou/8
RB   Darren Sproles   NO/7
RB   Vick Ballard   Ind/8
RB   Knowshon Moreno   Den/9
RB   Justin Forsett   Jac/9
WR   Demaryius Thomas   Den/9
WR   Mike Wallace   Mia/6
WR   Sidney Rice   Sea/12
WR   Mohamed Sanu   Cin/12
TE   Antonio Gates   SD/8
TE   Delanie Walker   Ten/8
TE   Aaron Hernandez   FA
PK   Steve Hauschka   Sea/12
DEF   St. Louis   StL/11

Linux' team has been re-branded for the season, and possibly found itself with the toughest spot in the draft at No2, the first pick which involves an actual decision, followed by a long wait!  There were plenty of RBs who could conceivably go at No2 and Linux went for possibly the riskiest one in Arian Foster, due to the ongoing injury concerns.  He could easily be the best RB in Fantasy this year, but there are safer picks out there.  There's a similar risk/reward theme running through a lot of this roster with the likes of RGIII, Mike Wallace, Antonio Gates, etc although I do think Aaron Hernandez was a bit of a stretch (in fact a 'bit of a stretch' is about what we can expect from him now).  There are rosters out there I like more than this one, but many of the picks in this team have the potential for upside if the risk pays off.
Potential Sneaky Value Pick:Knowshon Moreno at 11.02 - the one thing we know for certain about Denver's RB committee is that we don't know anything for certain.  Moreno has been the '3rd guy in the mix' all pre-season, but Hillman has been hit by fumbling issues and Ball is unproven.  Moreno was written off last season, and then suddenly got a chance and was a late-season star from the waiver wire.  If things go wrong early in Denver, don't be surprised to see him as the No1 RB before too long.

Diamonds Division

Team: B Side's
Manager: Nakor
Draft Position: 8th

Pos   Player   Team
QB    Andrew Luck   Ind/8
QB    Brandon Weeden   Cle/10
RB   Trent Richardson   Cle/10
RB    Mark Ingram   NO/7
RB    Johnathan Franklin   GB/4
RB    Chase Reynolds   StL/11
WR    Randall Cobb   GB/4
WR    Marques Colston   NO/7
WR   Mike Williams   TB/5
WR   Malcom Floyd   SD/8
TE   Greg Olsen   Car/4
TE   Vance McDonald   SF/9
PK   Blair Walsh   Min/5
PK   Dan Bailey   Dal/11
DEF   Chicago   Chi/8
DEF   New York Giants   NYG/9

Nakor's team earned the No1 seed last season, so he's a manager not to be under-estimated, and he's assembled some nice jigsaw pieces in this roster.  Again, he had a middle pick, so it's missing the big star name but there's a ton of value in here.  WR in particular is deep, with Mike Williams and Malcom Floyd as No3 and 4 options, and Trent Richardson doesn't have much competition for carries in Cleveland.  One question is whether the Chicago DEF can repeat the miracles of last season, as that could be a difference maker if so, but DEF is too much of lottery to have any confidence in this.  Chances are (or maybe 'we all hope' is more accurate) that last season was an anomaly.  This looks like another 'under the radar' contender to me.
Potential Sneaky Value Pick: Chase Reynolds at 13.08 - OK, I'll admit it, he's the one player drafted last night who I had no clue about.  Following much research on him, I've now upgraded this to a vague knowledge of with little to see why he'd be drafted.  He's the Rams 3rd choice RB at present, presumably until Isaiah Pead is free from suspension.  Consequently, either Nakor sees something I don't in him, or I've missed a trick here.  Either way he has upside potential as if he scores 1 point this season, then he's exceeded my expectations already!

Team: PancakeBlock
Manager: Tight End
Draft Position: 1st (in case you missed him mention this!)

Pos   Player   Team
QB   Tony Romo   Dal/11
QB   Ryan Tannehill   Mia/6
RB   Adrian Peterson   Min/5
RB   Darren McFadden   Oak/7
RB   Kendall Hunter   SF/9
RB   Christine Michael   Sea/12
WR   Larry Fitzgerald   Ari/9
WR   Josh Gordon   Cle/10
WR    Golden Tate   Sea/12
WR   Rueben Randle   NYG/9
WR   Jacoby Jones   Bal/8
WR   Josh Morgan   Was/5
TE   Tony Gonzalez   Atl/6
TE   Jacob Tamme   Den/9
PK   Stephen Gostkowski   NE/10
DEF   Arizona   Ari/9

You have to laugh at Tighty's misfortune.  After being auto-drafted, and subsequently trade-raped, out of contention last season, he finally gets to draft in person and put the hours and hours of research to good use, only to be penalised with the draft pick he wanted least of all!  There's not much research required to take Adrian Peterson at No1 overall this season, and he then had to wait until pick 32 to have another go.  It's hard for me to judge Tighty's draft fairly, as the next few picks all went on players that I generally avoid in Fantasy, but whom others don't, so my view is tinged with my own personal biases.  Fitzgerald is incredible in real-life, but suffers in fantasy from poor QBs throwing to him (Palmer is an upgrade, but let's not go mad here), McFadden is devastating when healthy, but can't seem to avoid injury, and Romo is the real-life player I most enjoy seeing throw picks, so it's hard for me to like him as a Fantasy option.  I do like some of the later picks, though, but it's hard for me to judge this one fairly, so I won't attempt to do so.  Time will tell which one of us gets to say 'I told you so'.
Potential Sneaky Value Pick: Josh Gordon at 7.01 - Devalued due to his initial suspension, but the No1 receiving option in Cleveland after that, givng decent upside in an under-rated passing team.

Team: Arkansas Gravediggers
Manager: Tal
Draft Position: 6th

Pos   Player   Team
QB    Drew Brees   NO/7
QB    Jay Cutler   Chi/8
RB    Shane Vereen   NE/10
RB    Danny Woodhead   SD/8
RB    Jacquizz Rodgers   Atl/6
RB    Denard Robinson   Jac/9
RB    Mike Gillislee   Mia/6
WR    Vincent Jackson   TB/5
WR    Chris Givens   StL/11
WR   Brandon LaFell   Car/4
WR    Stephen Hill   NYJ/10
WR   Robert Woods   Buf/12
TE   Vernon Davis   SF/9
TE   Dwayne Allen   Ind/8
PK   Greg Zuerlein   StL/11
DEF   Houston   Hou/8

The last of the rookie managers, Tal sprung a surprise in the first round by taking Drew Brees in the middle of the RB frenzy, followed by Vernon Davis in the 2nd round and Vincent Jackson in the 3rd.  The obvious weakness is therefore the pool of RB options his team will have.  However, given the poor choice at that stage Tal has done a decent job in finding players with potential upside, particular in the receiving game, in Vereen, Woodhead, Rodgers and Robinson.  Whether it proves to be enough for the unconventional approach to be considered a success remains to be seen, but we're dealing with a chess player here so he's probably seeing an end-game that I can't begin to envisage, so I'm not going to criticise him too strongly at this stage.  Besides, he did have the foresight to plck up Legatron at kicker, who could do some damage with our scoring system, but may prove to be let down by lack of opportunities from the Rams offense.
Potential Sneaky Value Pick:Denard Robinson at 16.11 - The Jags didn't really help avoid the expectation on him when they declared him as postion 'OW' for 'Offfensive Weapon' on their depth charts, but he has potential to be used as a RB or WR in their offense, which gives him natural upside.  The issue is he's really done nothing in pre-season to justify the tag, but as a 16th round pick a lottery ticket is exactly what you're expected to draft.

Team: Robbies Gould en Shower
Manager: ChipRich
Draft Position: 15th

Pos   Player   Team
QB   Matthew Stafford   Det/9
RB   Steven Jackson   Atl/6
RB   Stevan Ridley   NE/10
RB   Fred Jackson   Buf/12
RB   Michael Bush   Chi/8
RB   Bilal Powell   NYJ/10
WR   Danny Amendola   NE/10
WR   Hakeem Nicks   NYG/9
WR   Tavon Austin   StL/11
WR   Ryan Broyles   Det/9
WR   Santonio Holmes   NYJ/10
WR   Quinton Patton   SF/9
TE   Owen Daniels   Hou/8
TE   Tyler Eifert   Cin/12
PK   David Akers   Det/9
DEF   Detroit   Det/9

Despite Horneris' jibes last night I really like Rich's roster, as every single player on it has the potential to contribute.  The main doubt is a lot of uncertainty from change of teams (e.g. SJax), rookies (e.g Tavon Austin, Tyler Eifert) , injuries (Holmes, Nicks, Amendola) or limited playing time (FJax, Bush, Powell).  The projections also seem to disagree with my view on this but I think a lot of this team have been under-rated (e.g. Stafford, Austin).  This could be a team to defy the critics and the analysts!
Potential Sneaky Value Pick: Quinton Patton at 13.15 - The 49ers don't have many receiving options (which is why I couldn't pull the trigger on Kaepernick in the end) but Patton has stood out in pre-season and I've ended up picking him up late in some leagues as upside too.  He might be anonymous, but he could be relevant.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 04, 2013, 07:32:30 PM »

Fantastic write ups, thank you

Trade proposed to another manager Mr Commish. Hopefully expect incoming if I receive a response in the affirmative.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 04, 2013, 07:46:17 PM »

I planned on picking Kaep but couldn't turn down Manning in that spot and if I didn't pick a QB there, I didn't think I'd have got Kaep.

So I was left without a premier QB or taking Kaep as a reach.

Also - I think you have far too much time on your hands mate Smiley
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 07:48:02 PM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: