blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:57:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 616241 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: October 18, 2013, 06:20:03 PM »

Rice anyone.....

Take your pick of my WRs or TEs.

All available.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: October 18, 2013, 06:39:10 PM »

Pretty big deal went down today. Made a not entirely dissimilar offer for Lynch as it goes. Guess the bar is set for elite RBs now.

Blimey!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: October 18, 2013, 06:40:52 PM »

Pretty big deal went down today. Made a not entirely dissimilar offer for Lynch as it goes. Guess the bar is set for elite RBs now.

Blimey!

wtf?

Best deal ever for one side imo.

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: October 18, 2013, 06:55:11 PM »

I didn't even realise AP was on the block.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: October 18, 2013, 07:05:38 PM »

Blimey!

wtf?

If Tighty accepts a deal, you've been done.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: October 18, 2013, 07:12:02 PM »

Hardly. Sheriff has the better of it here and now. We'll see how it goes

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: October 18, 2013, 07:19:43 PM »

Blimey!

wtf?

wtf?

Sheriff is abusing the league.

There is no way you would have swapped draft pick number 1 for draft pick numbers 19 and 51 before the draft Rich but you have just traded those exact players. A top rb is worth far more than a top wr which is why 14 of the first round picks were rb's. Trade really is a giveaway.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: October 18, 2013, 07:24:14 PM »

I never really understand why people don't make it known they are keen to trade a marquee piece. Never going to get true value without putting it out there. Fantasy 101 IMO.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: October 18, 2013, 07:29:47 PM »

Pretty sure I turned down the exact same deal for McCoy from Sherrif.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 18, 2013, 07:38:29 PM »

Me too and Sheriff knows that the trades being offered are below the correct value, it's just hoping to get someone to make a mistake or not understand the values of the relative positions and accept.

Bell for Brady was bad enough but then had to have a post as to why it made sense which tbh was more tilting than the trade. Brady is his back up and Bells is my starter/ backs up Bush etc etc

Think we need to start a trade review system that doesn't include Sheriff. It's making a bit of a mockery of playing the game when trades like the two done this week affect the whole league and nobody can veto.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 18, 2013, 07:45:31 PM »

Not wanting to be all capitalist here but surely it's just market choice.

If A wants to trade and B wants to trade and they agree a deal, why should C, D and J get a say? If someone doesn't know the value of their assets, that's their own fault. How many stories like that are there in the real NFL?!

If the moderator is privy to information the rest of us aren't and is using that to his advantage, that's obviously different but I'm not sure that's what is being said here.

It's supposed to be a bit of fun, lads.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: October 18, 2013, 07:47:38 PM »

No one in this league knows less about NFL than I. I'm doing my best and I know I've wound a few of you up with my proposed trades. It isn't deliberate; if we disagree, it might well be that I'm suffering from a lack of understanding.

But stuff like this is just silly.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: October 18, 2013, 07:52:59 PM »

No one in this league knows less about NFL than I. I'm doing my best and I know I've wound a few of you up with my proposed trades. It isn't deliberate; if we disagree, it might well be that I'm suffering from a lack of understanding.

But stuff like this is just silly.

You've been had.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: October 18, 2013, 08:16:50 PM »

Me too and Sheriff knows that the trades being offered are below the correct value, it's just hoping to get someone to make a mistake or not understand the values of the relative positions and accept.

Bell for Brady was bad enough but then had to have a post as to why it made sense which tbh was more tilting than the trade. Brady is his back up and Bells is my starter/ backs up Bush etc etc

Think we need to start a trade review system that doesn't include Sheriff. It's making a bit of a mockery of playing the game when trades like the two done this week affect the whole league and nobody can veto.

Staying out of this for now to give everyone a chance to have a say if they want, but am gobsmacked by this post, and the one saying I'm 'abusing the league'.

I expected some banter, perhaps, but this is something else entirely.

Will post my thoughts at a later point in time, when it looks like everyone who wants to speak up has done so, but if there's sufficient doubt cast as to my integrity in this league then I'll switch the trade back.  I've put a lot of effort into making this league a fun experience for everyone who's played it, and am genuinely shocked to read this.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: October 18, 2013, 08:42:41 PM »

Staying out of this for now to give everyone a chance to have a say if they want, but am gobsmacked by this post, and the one saying I'm 'abusing the league'.

I expected some banter, perhaps, but this is something else entirely.

Will post my thoughts at a later point in time, when it looks like everyone who wants to speak up has done so, but if there's sufficient doubt cast as to my integrity in this league then I'll switch the trade back.  I've put a lot of effort into making this league a fun experience for everyone who's played it, and am genuinely shocked to read this.

Sorry Curtis but it doesn't wash. The trades you offered me were all below the correct value and you know that but you added text to make them sound viable. I know the value of the players mate and I know the standard way of trying to get one thru, Longy knows the value of his players too which is why those trades were rejected. What you are doing is trying to get trades thru that are all unfair and so far you have managed to get two done.

You know that Tom Brady is far more valuable than Joique Bell but have set out to create a case along the lines of 'your back up qb and you get a rb and a back up to your starter' Just because Brady is the guys back up doesn't alter the value of Brady and you know this. It means the guy has drafted 2 good Qb's but that doesn't lessen the value of the one he isn't playing.

You know a top rb is worth much more than a top wr but you are praying on the fact that others don't realise that, we had that exact conversation when you thought my downgrade from Lynch at rb would involve Bryant and Ronnie Hillman!

So I don't really understand the come back that you are shocked at the response, you have just sent out a set of bad trade offers to many people in the league trying to take advantage and you have managed to do that twice. You don't really think the rest of the league are going to just say ' oh well done, you mugged him there' do you?

I know you have put in a lot of work but how can the league be a fun experience when you are setting out to make only bad trades. Exactly how has getting 2 terrible trades thru  in a week made the game more fun for everyone else?

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: