blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:03:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 616284 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3330 on: July 26, 2016, 02:22:36 PM »

If we select someone as a keeper, can we still drop them when it comes to the draft?

What I mean is, how many players I draft depends on who is available when I'm on the clock, whether I do any trades during the process, etc.

If I leave 4 guys unselected as keepers, can I still draft five players and then cut another guy from my roster at that time? Think that's what happened last year.

As for the other thing, I've voted on the basis that the Yahoo format requires that two teams don't make the playoffs and it's a 4-4-2 structure (4 for the main prize, 4 for the consolation and 2 with nothing to play for). This is what happened last year, so I'm taking it that we can't change that.

If the vote is that the worst team gets first pick, would the pay out structure reflect that, so the consol players still have something to play for, please?

Will be in whatever is decided. Tell me how much I need to send and I will finish the refurbishments to my war room. It's something between JJ Watt's cabin retreat and Von Miller's Club 58.

Gravediggers Ho!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: July 26, 2016, 02:49:05 PM »

If we select someone as a keeper, can we still drop them when it comes to the draft?

What I mean is, how many players I draft depends on who is available when I'm on the clock, whether I do any trades during the process, etc.

If I leave 4 guys unselected as keepers, can I still draft five players and then cut another guy from my roster at that time? Think that's what happened last year.

As for the other thing, I've voted on the basis that the Yahoo format requires that two teams don't make the playoffs and it's a 4-4-2 structure (4 for the main prize, 4 for the consolation and 2 with nothing to play for). This is what happened last year, so I'm taking it that we can't change that.

If the vote is that the worst team gets first pick, would the pay out structure reflect that, so the consol players still have something to play for, please?

Will be in whatever is decided. Tell me how much I need to send and I will finish the refurbishments to my war room. It's something between JJ Watt's cabin retreat and Von Miller's Club 58.

Gravediggers Ho!

You are still free to do anything you like with your keepers.  They get marked with a little 'K' icon, which I've set to disappear if they're subsequently dropped to the player pool anyway.  The key thing is that it stops the site automatically chucking them into the pool (so the best option may well be to mark everyone as a keeper if you like).  However, in order to bring the rosters forward for this season (rather than them all emptying) I have to make the keeper option active.  Basically, no keeper option active, no existing rosters!

I think it has more relevance if you use Yahoo to do the draft online, as it would affect how many rounds of picks you get, but I've already set us to add the results manually.

With regard to the play-off structure, the only options I have available are to set the main play-off size to 4, 6 or 8 teams (so there's no option to set a 4 team play-off with a 6 team consol, which is the ideal scenario).  Setting a 6-team play-off would presumably leave a consol for the other 4 teams, but I'm not a huge fan of having 60% of teams making the post-season, as it devalues the league season too much.  The only advantage the original season on ESPN had vs Yahoo was that the 4-6 structure was possible on there.

Payout-wise, they only cover the top 2 teams anyway, so it'd be daft to give prize money to someone finishing effectively 5th, if 3rd and 4th get nothing.  The incentive of the consol league is that winning it gives you a better draft pick than not winning it.  The outstanding issue is where those who don't qualify for it in 9th and 10th place should sit in the draft order.

On the draft itself, we bypassed it completely last year (in system terms) as I had to construct the rosters from scratch.  The issue I need to figure out for the draft is whether to submit draft results myself or to go with each manager adding free agents directly like last year.  Still looking into that, as to what is likely to work most smoothly (I have an idea, but it needs a bit of research).

Hope the above makes sense.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: July 26, 2016, 03:13:05 PM »

Actually, thinking about it a bit more, the 6 team play-off option might not be too bad, as the top 2 seeds get byes in the 1st week.

I've added a 2nd poll on the site, as to whether or not to use the 6-4 option.  Please add your votes to that too.

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: July 26, 2016, 03:45:18 PM »

1) Is it still on yahoo? For people who haven't signed in since Jan do you have a list of our e-mail addresses as I've forgotten mine 

2) What is the buy in plz?

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: July 26, 2016, 04:39:32 PM »

1) Is it still on yahoo? For people who haven't signed in since Jan do you have a list of our e-mail addresses as I've forgotten mine 

2) What is the buy in plz?

Sending the email address to you by PM.

Entry is unchanged at £20 for the Dynasty League.  Bank details unchanged if you still have them, but will PM if needed.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: July 26, 2016, 04:55:58 PM »

hi bud,

I tried to set all my players to keeper but got two messages, one saying that I had selected too many keepers for this leagues settings. The second one said I had players in my list that were not eligible in this league and had been removed (think they have taken (Joe Randle out of my squad)

Cheers

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: July 26, 2016, 05:36:17 PM »

For info:

D-League players currently as follows (ordered as listed on Yahoo, by Team Name):
ChipRich /LeKnave
Tal
Forth Thistle
Linux / MattyHollis
Horneris
Sheriff
bobby1
Tighty
The Sicilian
sharplea

Reserve List For Teams
1) Ironside
2) GrahamC

Please let me know if you're not planning to take part this season, and we can allocate the teams if necessary (although I think most have confirmed already).

One change that is happening this season (and going forward) is that I'll randomise the two divisions as part of the set-up, so you won't necessarily be in the same divisions as last season.  I'll confirm when this is done, but don't take any notice of the Weekly fixtures and divisions as they're currently shown on the site.

2016 Traded Draft Picks

Tighty has the following (in addition to all his own picks):
ChipRich's 1st Rounder (traded for AJ Green)
Horneris' 1st Rounder (Eddie Lacy)
Sheriff's 2nd Rounder (Justin Forsett)
ChipRich's 2nd Rounder (Brandin Cooks)
Linux/Matty's 2nd Rounder (Alshon Jeffery)
Horneris' 3rd Rounder (Eddie Lacy)
Sheriff's 4th Rounder (Julius Thomas)
Horneris' 4th Rounder (Eddie Lacy)
bobby1's 4th Rounder (Charles Sims)

Tal has the following (in addition to all his own picks):
bobby1's 3rd Rounder (Brandon Coleman)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 05:55:16 PM by Sheriff Fatman » Logged

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: July 26, 2016, 05:42:20 PM »

hi bud,

I tried to set all my players to keeper but got two messages, one saying that I had selected too many keepers for this leagues settings. The second one said I had players in my list that were not eligible in this league and had been removed (think they have taken (Joe Randle out of my squad)

Cheers

I think this is due to you having players on IR at the end of the season (as the IR slots are effectively an additional roster spot above the 30 allowed).  Looks to me like you have more than 30 on your roster, and it will max you out at 30.

I'll have the same issue, as I had 4 on IR, I think.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: July 27, 2016, 10:06:04 AM »

Quick update:

The 6-team playoff option already has a 6-1 lead in the poll, so can't be overtaken.  We'll be using that format from this season onwards.

The draft pick poll result isn't determined yet, so those who haven't voted still have an opportunity to have their say.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: July 27, 2016, 03:36:31 PM »

With due apologies to Nakor, who pointed out my error, I need to amend the D-League reserve list to include him at the top of the list.

I had it in my head that Ironside had been the first request, so didn't check back far enough in the thread.  Amended list below, now including the date of the requests for easier reference.

D-League Reserve List
1) Nakor (12/11/14)
2) Ironside (22/01/15)
3) GrahamC (30/11/15)

Makes me wonder whether starting another D-League might be feasible, possibly using 12 teams (need to look at impact on the player pool).  I'm sure we could fill one, but not sure if it would devalue the other leagues too much or spread interest too thin.  Thoughts on this please?  If it ran it would be the same basic game and roster rules as the current one.

Please don't assume it's happening.  Just thinking out loud on this for now, but would be interested to get thoughts.  Admin-wise, it wouldn't add too much burden once the initial draft was done and dusted.  The Redraft League is far worse from that aspect, as it's a new setup each season.  My main concern is that if we use it to clear the reserve list and maybe get some other new players plus a few duplicates, does it put either of the D-League's at risk from drop-outs down the line?  They're not leagues in which you can change the structure each season to fit demand.  Would it also put the 1st league at risk of drop-outs who get a more competitive roster in the new league?

Anyway, apologies to Nakor for the error with the list.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: July 27, 2016, 08:14:21 PM »

a 2nd d league would work for me but for it to work without the risk of drop outs killing the leagues it would be best if atleast half of the leagues are fresh players

but teams that have dual ownership could give us new players aswell

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: July 27, 2016, 10:42:03 PM »

As mentioned before, I'm up for anything, would love to play a D league.

Iron side can vouch for how much I love a bit of fantasy NFL!
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: July 28, 2016, 09:25:07 AM »

Hi Sheriff,

I've just logged in and selected to keep all my players for now so that should be sorted.

Question : Are we going to be shuffling the mini-leagues up?

Thanks
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: July 28, 2016, 11:51:50 AM »

Hi Sheriff,

I've just logged in and selected to keep all my players for now so that should be sorted.

Thanks

Possibly lost in the middle of the post:

One change that is happening this season (and going forward) is that I'll randomise the two divisions as part of the set-up, so you won't necessarily be in the same divisions as last season.  I'll confirm when this is done, but don't take any notice of the Weekly fixtures and divisions as they're currently shown on the site.

MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: July 28, 2016, 04:51:15 PM »

Hi Sheriff,

Thanks

Possibly lost in the middle of the post:

Oops yes apologies!
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: