blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:36:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 345 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 616418 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5100 on: July 30, 2020, 10:09:35 AM »

We have to accept that this season might well be a bit bonkers. If we can agree some frameworks and then either Curtis, or Curtis and me, or whoever, can exercise discretion in the interest of fair play on individual cases, we should be fine.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: July 30, 2020, 01:22:05 PM »

my two penneth would be if one of a roster or more goes on COVID exempt for the season that manager can drop and then has first option to pick them back up next off-season. Not compulsory, but he has a time frame with first rights

If a player goes on shorter term COVID-absence, tests positive and is out for a matter of weeks, then thats just the breaks.

Obviously its another variance factor for this season and in the circumstances drafting as late as possible is sensible
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 01:29:02 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: July 30, 2020, 01:59:34 PM »

my two penneth would be if one of a roster or more goes on COVID exempt for the season that manager can drop and then has first option to pick them back up next off-season. Not compulsory, but he has a time frame with first rights

If a player goes on shorter term COVID-absence, tests positive and is out for a matter of weeks, then thats just the breaks.

Obviously its another variance factor for this season and in the circumstances drafting as late as possible is sensible

This looks a decent option to me, I think the players have 1 week to choose to opt out for the season once the final COVID guidelines have been agreed. So it’s likely we will know all the ones that are opting out in the next 2 weeks or so.  So we could draft anytime after that and know the full picture and as Rich suggests if they go in short term COVID IR for a few weeks then they can be moved to an IR spot on your team. Then have to move off it again when they return.

As we saw with Miami baseball team if one goes down With COVID during the season then it’s likely more will follow. And games my be postponed or played on different dates later in the season. It could be much more of a squad game this season So I’d say drafting as soon as we can after the Opt out period has finished then gives everyone plenty of time to pick up back ups to their players where they can or make trades to get good cover in areas they need cover.

If we wait until as late as possible then it doesn’t leave a lot of time to arrange cover via trades or the FA pool.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 02:01:19 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: August 03, 2020, 03:26:32 PM »

I think I own picks 12,15 and 17 in this years draft. If anyone is interested in trading for them just let me know.

Tx

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: August 04, 2020, 07:44:10 AM »

CBA amended. Covid season-long opt-outs must be submitted by 4pm ET on Thursday. It's a "speak now or forever hold your peace" thing.

All that would change after that is illness/injury.

Within reason, I think we could start looking at the draft after that. Happy to leave it longer, if that's the consensus, but a major hurdle will be overcome shortly.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: August 04, 2020, 11:13:06 AM »

CBA amended. Covid season-long opt-outs must be submitted by 4pm ET on Thursday. It's a "speak now or forever hold your peace" thing.

All that would change after that is illness/injury.

Within reason, I think we could start looking at the draft after that. Happy to leave it longer, if that's the consensus, but a major hurdle will be overcome shortly.

Yeah once the Opt out deadline has passed and we know the full list of players that have committed to playing I think we are good to go.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: August 04, 2020, 01:15:46 PM »

yes think we are good at that point

could the draft picks, post trades, be posted please?

My eyes are open wide
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: August 08, 2020, 07:19:32 PM »

yes think we are good at that point

could the draft picks, post trades, be posted please?

This Please.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: August 12, 2020, 04:48:18 PM »

Any news Curtis?

If we get started in 5-6 days and it takes us 10-14 days to complete the draft we are going to be around the start of September.

At the moment the squads are still empty and we then need to get them down to 30 by listing the players we don’t want to keep so even 5-6 days looks optimistic at the moment.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: August 13, 2020, 09:10:40 AM »

Any news Curtis?

If we get started in 5-6 days and it takes us 10-14 days to complete the draft we are going to be around the start of September.

At the moment the squads are still empty and we then need to get them down to 30 by listing the players we don’t want to keep so even 5-6 days looks optimistic at the moment.

I suggest we start from Monday morning.  The squad reductions can take place while we're drafting, if necessary, as the system doesn't recognise our actual draft as 'the draft'.  Drafting is mostly done here, so the actual pickups can take place afterwards once the rosters are trimmed down.

Will post draft order and confirm teams this evening.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: August 13, 2020, 10:15:33 AM »

Cheers bud

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: August 14, 2020, 12:36:12 PM »

Draft order and team listings are as follows.

MattyHollis has been inactive on the forum since November 2019, and those posts at the time were with regard to his inactivity in the league.  The team was essentially abandoned last season, and it caused some issues within the league, so it's in the best interests of the league that a new manager takes over for this season.

We exhausted the original waiting list last season, so next in line is Stevef31, who's a mate of bobby1's and who showed interest in the DLeague a while back.  Next in line for any vacant spots would be bergeroo.  Apologies to him for not being able to accommodate him straight away.

I'll send an invite to our new guy via Yahoo.  He's already posted on the thread, I believe, but I don't think he's yet seen the team he's about to adopt.

The entry fee will remain at £20, and I'll send bank details to everyone.  Given the short-notice to the draft starting on Monday, I'm relaxed about receiving this after it has started.  I'll get more time to dig around the rosters over the weekend and confirm the number of drops required from rosters, etc to get the season to properly start.  If you can plan ahead as to who you want to drop to get to 30 initially, that will help me, but don't forget that you'll then need to drop someone for every pick you make in the draft (I don't need details of these yet, as we'll sort out the draft on-site as we go along).

2019 Finish   Team   Manager   Draft Order
7   #freejoshgordon   ChipRich/LeKnave   1
8   Tifosi BlackHearts   sicilian   2
9   Vegas Venoms   Karma Dope   3
10   Was MattyHollis   New Manager - Stevef31   4
5   Kareemmadeahuntofit   ForthThistle   5
6   IronRunAllOverUrSide   Ironside   6
3   ArkansasGravediggers   Tal   7
4   My Tight End Ertz   Sheriff Fatman   8
2   House Tyrell   TightEnd   9
1   The Shaggy Defence   bobby1   10

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: August 14, 2020, 01:14:07 PM »

If any of you need to see your roster, as it was at the end of the season, you can log in on the Yahoo desktop site and it will be there.

Sheriff, if you need any help with anything, I'm happy to help.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: August 14, 2020, 01:42:08 PM »

have you got a list of draft picks traded curtis?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: August 14, 2020, 03:26:29 PM »

yes please. i believe i have a second 2nd round pick from a trade last season, but the details escape me without a list

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 345 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: