blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:50:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273071 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Rugby World Cup
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rugby World Cup  (Read 34799 times)
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2011, 10:10:16 PM »

i am a mong did not see this thread never visit this section of the forum.

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2011, 10:16:04 PM »

New Zealand fly-half Dan Carter will miss rest of Rugby World Cup because of a groin injury.

big loss, their depth at this position is poor, compared to everywhere else

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 01, 2011, 10:31:02 PM »

New Zealand fly-half Dan Carter will miss rest of Rugby World Cup because of a groin injury.

big loss, their depth at this position is poor, compared to everywhere else

kiwis I know are abs devved this evening, they're a lot less certain about winning the tournament than they were 3 weeks ago

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2011, 10:50:31 PM »

NZ are a clear outright lay for me. They´re so dependent on the ref looking favourably on their marginal tactics at the breakdown and their obstructing runners in broken play. With a ref like Wayne Barnes or Kaplan (obv can´t ref SA) I don´t reckon they´re better than 2/5-4/9 in a semi against SA or Australia so 3/5 outright for me is way too short.

I´m not sure the market has adjusted appropriately to the Carter news, should be odds against now imo.
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2011, 11:50:36 PM »

Wales to win @25/1 is ridic imo just had 100 to win

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

geordieneil
we are we are we are the mods

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 02, 2011, 12:05:19 AM »

Wales to win @25/1 is ridic imo just had 100 to win

Yeah and Newcastle will win next seasons champions league         Cheesy

Lol 100/1 wouldn't tempt me, or is this just for tomorrow's game v Fiji  Smiley     
that seams a fairer price  :p
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 02, 2011, 02:41:04 AM »

forgot to post about this earlier. wtf were the french thinking at the end of their last game? needing 1 point to guarantee a qf spot they were trailing by 10 as the clock hit 80 minutes and were awarded a penalty 5 yards out under the sticks. everyone in the ground and watching on tv can see that france must score on this possession and that a penalty is worth the same as a try in this situation, either score qualifies them and the penalty is a complete gimmee but for some reason they take a bloody scrum? ? ?

didn't matter in the end as they scored a try from it but what an appallingly bad decision that was

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 02, 2011, 10:21:43 AM »

OK time to get back to making some money after todays fun and games. Really like Italy getting 13 and I like Georgia getting 21. 

Obviously happy at the moment with Wales/SA final at 60/1, shame about the injury to Francois Steyn, more than balanced out by the Carter injury though if it´s as serious as appears likely. Wales need Lydiate and Hook back desperately, if they do come back 100% fit (especially Lydiate) their half is really there for the taking.

Had to get one wrong eventually, I´ll take 6 out of 7 though. Thought NZ, Wales and Ireland were all brillant today. Ferris and Shaun O´Brien are right out of the top drawer as modern day back row power houses, can´t wait for the Quarter Finals. If France and England can find some form it could be an all time great world cup.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 02, 2011, 10:25:59 AM »

Ireland Wales is going to be a corker

In that half of the draw it will come down to injuries, a mistake here and there and a bit of luck. Extremely tight

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 02, 2011, 10:46:31 AM »

Ireland Wales is going to be a corker

In that half of the draw it will come down to injuries, a mistake here and there and a bit of luck. Extremely tight

Would've said Wales, but that second half by Ireland was impressive - I still think whoever wins this game will probably make the final.

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 06, 2011, 05:45:35 PM »

Thoughts for the weekend Kuk?

I think Ire Eng SA and NZ go through. I think England can cover the handicap. Looking to back Ireland at a bigger price with a bigger handicap against them. SA just O/R.

Want to hear your thoughts first though (Wales game aside i guess!)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 06, 2011, 06:02:15 PM »

OK time to try and find a bit of value on the QF´s.

Sporting Bet have clearly taken a big stance against France. My girlfriend is from Toulouse and her dad is a big rugby fan, I´ve been chatting to him and he thinks they really are falling apart, massive divisions in the team and between senior players and the coach (obviously things did look pretty bad during and immediately after the Tonga game). However this England side is very limited and I think if France turn up at all it is likely to be a very tight game. They are a team loaded with talent and have an excellent goalkicker in Yachvilli. 2/1 is just too big an overreaction imo.
Recommendation: France 2/1 to beat England.

I expect South Africa´s experience to count for a lot against Australia, World Cup quarter finals are invariably very tight and I have serious misgivings about Quade Cooper in a game this big. I´m taking a bit of an opinion that SA qualified from the strongest group and might be in slightly better form than their bare results suggest. They had to work very hard against Wales and Samoa.
Recommendation: SA 6/5 to beat Australia.

I will be backing the unders points in all the games, they are all <37 at prices ranging between 5/6 and even money, except for the NZ game which is under 51.5 at 5/6. The NZ one looks a particularly good bet if the handicap is about right as Argentina are highly unlikely to get more than 15 points imo.

gl as always to anyone having a punt.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: October 06, 2011, 06:44:39 PM »

Everything is set up for England to ruin the tournament.

Beat France in a shitty game.

Beat Ireland in a shitty game.

Get their arseholes torn to shreds against NZ in the final in a boring, one-sided, destruction.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 06, 2011, 06:51:28 PM »

Get their arseholes torn to shreds against NZ in the final in a boring, one-sided, destruction.

LOL, you want England to lose then ? I'm looking forward to the game.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 06, 2011, 09:19:14 PM »

Winning is all that matters I don't give a shit what anyone says, I don't care if we are dull as fk tbh as long as we win as many games as possible.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: