blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:21:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272606 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Venetian Deepstack Festival Package (Oct 28th-Nov 18th)* Updated*
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Venetian Deepstack Festival Package (Oct 28th-Nov 18th)* Updated*  (Read 52148 times)
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 19, 2011, 02:33:03 AM »

Tikay bok worked a treat again. Smiley

Fraid i busted in 16th peeps for something over 1100, i really can't remb the exact amount so will have to check that out. Was so gutted when i busted i almost walked away without picking up the dough.

Coming bk with 20bbs i was super overjoyed to see i had a pretty weak looking 6 seated table, 1 old guy who's bad, a ss i had pos on, 2 rocky looking guys and 1 guy who id played with most of yesterday.

Unforts i only got 1 rse through picking up the blinds with 48o, b4 my second rse was 3b and 4bai, one holding ak the other aq, we had the lowly k7o and meekly passed.

Down to 18 and a new table-still on 20bbs we rse from mp v a sstckd old guy's bb with aj, timer decides to puke peel and stop n go jam the 9 hi board. V any1 under the age of 84 id prob have heroed but v him im just nit folding and puking.

Next hand i get qq and wanna find a bridge to leap off when i steal the blinds. Then it gets tough as i cannot find a spot and dribble down to 13bbs with 16 left. I jam 78s from the cut off and am called by the bb's aq, we flop a pair and up n down on the 976 board but lose to the rivered ace.

Few ppl have said i should play the 2.5k main on sunday, i dunno. Don't really want to ask ppl to stump up the buy in from the stake but kinda get the impression a lot wld like me too,especially due to still having a real chance at the player of the series pool. I dunno i think i'll dwell about it overnight and decide tmrw. Unless every1 came on here and said hell yeah take it outa the stake-wld have to be at 1.15 mark up again, then id just offer it to ppl from this stake seperately and sell percentages from their dollars due back. I dunno bit complicated and maybe i should just call it a day. Will update about this tmrw, v 50/50 at mo that ill play but like i say i wldnt just add it to this schedule as its too much wonga to assume for.

Final admin kinda...(dependant on how much more than 1100 i cashed for)

(Schedule total=$0) Returns Balance=$23,016

I'll work out what every1 is due back and then pm every1 over how they want their monies paid, at moment i fly back sunday and wld be able to start sorting things by tuesday/wednesday latest as ill def need all monday to de jet lag.

Laters peeps and soz this didnt hit the heights we'd hoped for after event 2, but hey hope u enjoyed a few sweats, i know i did. Smiley
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 19, 2011, 03:12:58 AM »

So many crossbars m8 unlucky Sad

Great effort again and good luck if you decide to crush the main!!

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 19, 2011, 08:07:32 AM »

Nico you are a beast. Play the main!

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 19, 2011, 08:29:18 AM »

No objection to playing the main. gl if you decide to

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 19, 2011, 08:31:46 AM »

Play it!!!!!!

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 19, 2011, 08:42:00 AM »

No objection to playing the main. gl if you decide to

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 19, 2011, 09:02:39 AM »

Down to 18 and a new table-still on 20bbs we rse from mp v a sstckd old guy's bb with aj, timer decides to puke peel and stop n go jam the 9 hi board. V any1 under the age of 84 id prob have heroed but v him im just nit folding and puking.

When I take a piece of a player, then I am totally fine with them playing a hand however they like, I become a 'silent investor' and I'm fine with that.  But this hand in particular isn't a nit-fold + puke.  It is the easiest fold of the series, surely.

As for the main event, I am fine with w/e everyone wants to do.  I'm sure most people would be fine knowing they are at least getting their money back and happy to roll the dice in the main event. 

Vegas is Vegas.  I think most people fully expect someone staying there all month to go out and get smashed a few times, sleep poorly a few times, make a bad play a few times, not feel like playing a few times.  If they don't, they should imo. 

Well done for slugging it out this far, GL if you decide to play the main.

Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: November 19, 2011, 10:21:35 AM »

Do it Dom. You don't spend a month in Vegas, win a comp, and then fade the big bucks. Go show em who's boss.

Smiley

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 19, 2011, 10:48:43 AM »

Do what ur heart says

But obv we all want u to play

Just me
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 19, 2011, 11:24:16 AM »

No objections to you playing the Main.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 19, 2011, 12:19:29 PM »

No objections here
Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 19, 2011, 04:57:43 PM »

No objections here

Edit: lucky 1000th post.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 19, 2011, 05:25:19 PM »

The people have spoketh.

You know my situation, too, following our chat yesterday.

However, one note of caution - I am returning home tomorrow, so will not be able to give running updates of your progress.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 19, 2011, 05:31:30 PM »

The people have spoketh.

You know my situation, too, following our chat yesterday.

However, one note of caution - I am returning home tomorrow, so will not be able to bok you.

fyp

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 19, 2011, 06:27:46 PM »

When I take a piece of a player, then I am totally fine with them playing a hand however they like, I become a 'silent investor' and I'm fine with that.  But this hand in particular isn't a nit-fold + puke.  It is the easiest fold of the series, surely.

Prob should have been less vague when i said he was just short stacked. He had something like between 7-8 bbs when he peels pre. With all the blinds and antes in the pot, it meant his jam post was almost less than the pot. A little exploitable to r/f into his stack especially on such a dry low board imo. Yeah perhaps an easy fold v some1 unable to bluff here, but certainly not against a random opponent, bar the 9 i'm not totally sure he has a random rag in his range but meh spewers gonna spew.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 06:30:50 PM by Nico29 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: