blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:57:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272620 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  MMA Thread/Betting
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MMA Thread/Betting  (Read 210724 times)
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: April 20, 2016, 02:42:38 PM »

He's way way bigger than the sport itself. Dana just cut his nose off to spite his face

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 20, 2016, 03:36:52 PM »

He's way way bigger than the sport itself. Dana just cut his nose off to spite his face

Yeah, ok.

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #887 on: April 20, 2016, 05:19:11 PM »

Bigger maybe not, but he has generated interest in the sport I have never seen before.

Had no idea that the fighters were paid so little - assume we will see Conor pop up in WWE on a similar contract to Brock for a about 4x his current annual income, along we less restrictions on advertising and 3rd party opportunities.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 20, 2016, 05:48:02 PM »

Bigger maybe not, but he has generated interest in the sport I have never seen before.

Had no idea that the fighters were paid so little - assume we will see Conor pop up in WWE on a similar contract to Brock for a about 4x his current annual income, along we less restrictions on advertising and 3rd party opportunities.

Generated interest over here, because it's the first time we've produced anything like him, that looks to be a legit world class fighter.

There is Bisping, who is an excellent fighter, but is always going to fall short against the top guys, and is a gatekeeper for the division.

McGregor supposedly earned ~$5m for Aldo, and closer to 10 for Diaz. Can't see him pulling that in for MC work in WWE.

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #889 on: April 20, 2016, 05:58:45 PM »

Generated interest over here, because it's the first time we've produced anything like him, that looks to be a legit world class fighter.

There is Bisping, who is an excellent fighter, but is always going to fall short against the top guys, and is a gatekeeper for the division.

McGregor supposedly earned ~$5m for Aldo, and closer to 10 for Diaz. Can't see him pulling that in for MC work in WWE.

Article I just seen suggested that Conor was the first $1 million payday for Diaz fight, and since the Reebok deal they are completely restricted on what they can earn from 3rd parties.
Brock's contract rumoured to be $15m over 3 years for 4 PPV and 8 Raws and 2 House Shows a year - and he gets 100% of all third party contracts and Image Rights - comparable even at your numbers, especially as he would never get punched in the face again Wink

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 20, 2016, 06:07:34 PM »

Article I just seen suggested that Conor was the first $1 million payday for Diaz fight, and since the Reebok deal they are completely restricted on what they can earn from 3rd parties.
Brock's contract rumoured to be $15m over 3 years for 4 PPV and 8 Raws and 2 House Shows a year - and he gets 100% of all third party contracts and Image Rights - comparable even at your numbers, especially as he would never get punched in the face again Wink

He did get $1m, but that was his flat fee for the fight, which was the first ever. Whack on his slice of the PPV money, and they reckon it was closer to 10.

The lower end fighters just get the pin money for wearing Reebok, but the top fighters still get all their own extra merchandise made (By Reebok) and would be on a cut of those sales, I would imagine.

You have to remember that Brock was already a superstar in the WWE, who had left to fight, and then returned after winning the UFC Championship.

I suppose they could pay Conor to host the PPV, but wrestle? I can't see it.

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #891 on: April 20, 2016, 07:47:16 PM »

Cheers for that.
Very new to this MMA.
Dana White seems a fascinating character - it basically all his ball, he chooses all cards, contracts etc?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 20, 2016, 08:14:15 PM »

Cheers for that.
Very new to this MMA.
Dana White seems a fascinating character - it basically all his ball, he chooses all cards, contracts etc?

I only started taking more interest when I discovered that lots of them were getting ~10k a fight.

Most of them get double money if they win, so 16k/32k 48k/96k etc.

The biggest stars obviously hold more bargaining chips, and can get their cut of the PPV, and I would presume merchandise, too.

Holly Holm supposedly got 500k for the Miesha Tate fight, and Miesha supposedly 10% of that.

Dana was involved in fighting anyway,  and when he found out the UFC was for sale, got his mates (Fertittas) to buy it. They did, he was put in charge, and the rest is history.

He's hardheaded, like most in the fight game, and while he bends for his favourites, he isn't going to let them take the piss, which is appears Conor was trying to do*

*Unless of course there is more to it, and he was worried about pissing hot etc.

Conor might turn left on planes now, but he's trying to run bluffs on people that have their own Smiley

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 20, 2016, 08:16:19 PM »

Found the fight purses for 196

http://mma-manifesto.com/ufc-fighter-salary-database/salary-main/ufc-196-fighter-salaries-reebok-attendance-gate.html

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 21, 2016, 04:12:46 AM »

Watching the new TUF premiere, and some lass from the NE just smashed the oppo to bits, after almost being submitted in the 1st.

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 21, 2016, 05:30:29 PM »

Conor McGregor has really gone for a modern day 'are you not entertained' style speech with that press release hasn't he?!

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 21, 2016, 06:42:39 PM »

Was a good little passage Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 21, 2016, 06:59:27 PM »

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 21, 2016, 07:07:30 PM »

I 100% agree with his statements.
Let fighters train and fight and keep press conferences and media tours to an absolute minimum

I want to see the best Conor vs the best Nate. Dropping training in Europe to do weeks of pressers and jet lag doesn't help that
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 23, 2016, 11:22:34 AM »

Meh, from what Dana said last night, they just wanted him there for a few days to film the adverts etc.

They held it so early, in order that it didn't interrupt with the fighter preps too much.

I thought Conor might have been angling to headline the MSG card, but he's not getting that, it would seem.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: