blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 10:42:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272952 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Fit blondes in Berlin
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fit blondes in Berlin  (Read 84335 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: April 22, 2012, 09:19:59 PM »

Anyone watch the London Marathon coverage today? Love watching it, the atmosphere, the stories, next best thing to being there.

Nell McAndrew is simply amazing.

don't like her, she was the only woman to beat me into the olympic stadium

I was on the 20 mile water station today, well I was mostly eating/drinking free tea and cake in the church hall tbh, but the elites are awesome to watch

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 22, 2012, 09:20:07 PM »

Anyone watch the London Marathon coverage today? Love watching it, the atmosphere, the stories, next best thing to being there.

yeah she was amazing (i can't think of a better word so copying you).  was going to post something about her just after her interview but must've got distracted.  fantastic effort!

A mate's husband who is in his 40's had a fantastic run today, coming in at 2hrs 41min and got interviewed by Colin Jackson.

haven't seen anything about that Dawn - terrible if so. must have had some kind of underlying condition I would have thought? Sad

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: April 22, 2012, 09:20:57 PM »

Is it true a 30 year old woman who was running in it has died?

Hadn't heard about it, but it's possible. Sad news for their family and friends Sad

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 22, 2012, 09:21:01 PM »

haha - I checked her wikipedia page afterwards and insta-clocked that she'd beaten you in that Cheesy

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 22, 2012, 09:23:08 PM »

Hadn't heard about it, but it's possible. Sad news for their family and friends Sad

Saw it posted on FB but not heard from any official source.  Very sad if true. 

Are there any sort of medical checks to go through before running in something like that or is it good luck to ya once you sign up?

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 22, 2012, 09:23:50 PM »

haha - I checked her wikipedia page afterwards and insta-clocked that she'd beaten you in that Cheesy

her wikipedia page mentions beating me?

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 22, 2012, 09:24:07 PM »

the story about the woman dying seems to be true Sad  strangely only seems to have been reported on US websites though.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 22, 2012, 09:24:48 PM »

yeah it quotes her as saying "I totally stuck it in gatso's eye - what a loser being beaten by a girl"

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 22, 2012, 09:25:41 PM »

Are there any sort of medical checks to go through before running in something like that or is it good luck to ya once you sign up?

think france is the only country where you have to get a doctor's note to run

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 22, 2012, 09:26:18 PM »

the story about the woman dying seems to be true Sad  strangely only seems to have been reported on US websites though.

it's on the telegraph's site

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 22, 2012, 09:26:23 PM »

Saw it posted on FB but not heard from any official source.  Very sad if true. 

they can't medically check nearly 40k people.  when we signed up for berlin (and i imagine it's the same with all of them) you have to do a kind of online health questionnaire before registering, and if you're in a high risk group it'll recommend that you seek medical advice before taking part.  other than that it's up to the individual. 

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: April 22, 2012, 09:28:50 PM »

People die every day crossing the road, you don't need a certificate to do that.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: April 22, 2012, 09:30:44 PM »

She could beat me on a daily basis.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 22, 2012, 09:31:19 PM »

People die every day crossing the road, you don't need a certificate to do that.

Yeah, but Jebus will look after those ones.  Says so in the Bible innit

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 22, 2012, 09:32:40 PM »

From the telegraph article:

"The death was the tenth since the London Marathon began in 1981.

Five of the previous fatalities were a result of heart disease in runners apparently unaware that they had a problem. Four of these were cases of severe coronary heart disease."

it's those things that people 'didn't know they had' that are usually the problem - unless you have a total check up to rule everything out I guess there's no way of knowing if you've not had any symptoms.  If something's bad enough to kill you whilst running though i'm surprised none of them had any issues during training.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: