blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 02:41:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  $35 180 mans proposal....
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 159 Go Down Print
Author Topic: $35 180 mans proposal....  (Read 259375 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: January 30, 2012, 02:16:09 PM »

Surely unless makeup is bought privately it makes sense for you to buy it all Ray and then re-sell?

Interested in what the correct thing to do is here.

it's not down to ray to buy makeup. if a backer pulls out and can't sell the makeup privately then it should be written off surely?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 30, 2012, 02:16:47 PM »

Makeup is for sale, and only if no buyers is the player allowed to take it. So Matt already offered 50% for it, so he first in line
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 30, 2012, 02:26:53 PM »

If a backer quits they lose make up. If, instead, a backer finds someone to take their place and they strike a deal between them and the stakee is happy then happy days. Isn't that the normal way of it ?

You enter a staking deal knowing you can lose. If you can't fund it then tough you shouldn't gamble if you can't afford it. Other people are affected not just stakee and staker x who is messing about. Staker x needs to deal with there side efficiently. Stakee needs to play what they said or communicate well if there is an issue.

It's only getting complicated because Ray is trying to be everybodies friend. Doesn't work in business. You agree a deal and you stick to it (within reason). Everyone knew there was potential reloading and also they could walk away. Did anyone really think they'd get losses back if they jumped ship in a downswing ?

Sandy
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:33:48 PM by henrik777 » Logged
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 30, 2012, 02:29:25 PM »

Surely unless makeup is bought privately it makes sense for you to buy it all Ray and then re-sell?

Interested in what the correct thing to do is here.

it's not down to ray to buy makeup. if a backer pulls out and can't sell the makeup privately then it should be written off surely?

It'd be pretty silly to be staked if you had to guarantee losses were repaid when a staker quits. No point being staked in that case.

Sandy
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: January 30, 2012, 02:30:43 PM »

Sigh, should have followed a bit more closely. People are welcome to contact me if they want to sell make-up.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 30, 2012, 02:36:41 PM »

As Matt said, it's easier if any new investor bought the mu. However as it seems nobody else is interested at the minute I'll take the last 5%, happy to pay the same as Matt offered for your mu Alex, also happy if Matt wants to take the mu and I just take the 5% then Matt continues to spoon feed me going forward for how to manage that in the easiest way then I'm fine with that as well, just woteva's easy/fair.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 30, 2012, 02:38:18 PM »

You have to sell the make up otherwise you get a situation where people are due payouts at different stages.

If someone buys in today with no make up and Ray wins a bit tomorrow then they are due a payout but nobody else is. Ray is also due a payout off their bit but not everyone else's until he's made a few k more.

If there was only one backer it wouldn't be a problem but as there are several they all need to be kept at the same stage of investment.

If not it'll be an absolute nightmare to work out who gets paid and when.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 30, 2012, 02:39:53 PM »

As Matt said, it's easier if any new investor bought the mu. However as it seems nobody else is interested at the minute I'll take the last 5%, happy to pay the same as Matt offered for your mu Alex, also happy if Matt wants to take the mu and I just take the 5% then Matt continues to spoon feed me going forward for how to manage that in the easiest way then I'm fine with that as well, just woteva's easy/fair.

are you sure you were an accountant?

you can't be buying makeup. that's like being backed into a tournament but agreeing to repay the entry fee if you brick while splitting the profit if you bink

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 30, 2012, 02:40:53 PM »

I'm playing session, will sort later.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 30, 2012, 02:43:05 PM »

you can't be buying makeup. that's like being backed into a tournament but agreeing to repay the entry fee if you brick while splitting the profit if you bink

Of course he can buy it. He just has to treat himself as Ray the staker and Ray the stakee. As long as Ray the Stakee charges Ray the staker the same as everyone else then it's absolutely fine.

It's an opportunity for him to buy a piece of himself back.

If he had a big bink he could pay off his make up and go alone. How is buying back a small piece any different?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 30, 2012, 02:43:54 PM »

surely its as simple as the old staker finding somebody to take his share, and they privatly agree a fee for the make up. if the old staker cant find anybody to buy the make up, then ray is free to sell that % off with no make up?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 30, 2012, 02:52:54 PM »

surely its as simple as the old staker finding somebody to take his share, and they privatly agree a fee for the make up. if the old staker cant find anybody to buy the make up, then ray is free to sell that % off with no make up?

You'd think it would be that simple wouldn't you.

So explain what happens in this situation:

New staker comes in to the mix for 5% and sends Ray $100 for his share.

Existing stakers send a total of $1900 to Ray as well meaning that they are now owed $5900.

On day one of the new stake Ray binks 3 comps and wins $4000

How are you planning on divvying that up?

Existing stakers get their initial 2 investments back but Ray is still in the hole to them for $1900

New staker has a 5% share of $4k owing to him as far as he is concerned which is $200. Obviously Ray gets 50% of this as well because that's how the profits are split.

Unfortunately now though there's only $3800 left to split between the original stakers so they actually don't get their original stake back because even though it appeared as though it was there it actually wasn't.

I'm sure it could be worked out but it's complicated and much easier to sell MU and maintain everybody at the same level.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 30, 2012, 02:58:57 PM »

Basically if Ray writes the MU off then he has to treat everybody as individual stakers.

The original list of people have 95% of his action at the original agreement.

New staker would have 5% of action.

Every day Ray has to split his P/L between the 2 groups and keep them separate.

If he wins $1000 then $950 goes towards group 1's MU and $50 gets split between him and the new person,.

It's not too bad when there's one new person but he could end up with loads of people with different MU all at different levels.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 30, 2012, 03:01:55 PM »

Of course he can buy it. He just has to treat himself as Ray the staker and Ray the stakee. As long as Ray the Stakee charges Ray the staker the same as everyone else then it's absolutely fine.

It's an opportunity for him to buy a piece of himself back.

If he had a big bink he could pay off his make up and go alone. How is buying back a small piece any different?

yes, obv he can buy it and there are occasions where it makes sense to but I'm talking about him offering to buy it when no-one else wants to. in this situation he is perfectly entitled to take the slice himself and not pay a penny for the makeup.

as in this post

However as it seems nobody else is interested at the minute I'll take the last 5%, happy to pay the same as Matt offered for your mu Alex

I know it's ray being nice but he really shouldn't be being nice in this situation, this is a business proposition

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 30, 2012, 03:21:47 PM »

Agree with that. If as a last resort Ray has to take it then it should be free of charge.

Of course if Ray really wants it then he should be in a bidding war with everyone else.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 159 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: