blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 11:52:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272776 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Luton 2012 thread, powered by the same old 3-4 posters
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton 2012 thread, powered by the same old 3-4 posters  (Read 217657 times)
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: February 03, 2012, 10:18:27 AM »

I think the new structures are a breath of fresh air for the comps. For far to long its been a fold fest to 6am for a 5 way chop. its about time the Luton regs learnt how to play comps again to get their chips moving and earn a cash.

3 x 30 mins to begin and 30 min final tables with the redic starting stacks their is still plenty of play all the way through the comps. On Wed night the comp played out without the ave stack falling below 15bbs.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 03, 2012, 10:23:37 AM »

I think the new structures are a breath of fresh air for the comps. For far to long its been a fold fest to 6am for a 5 way chop. its about time the Luton regs learnt how to play comps again to get their chips moving and earn a cash.

3 x 30 mins to begin and 30 min final tables with the redic starting stacks their is still plenty of play all the way through the comps. On Wed night the comp played out without the ave stack falling below 15bbs.

starting stacks are definitely too big to start. Could lower these and keep the clock, and produce a far smoother progression to a final/force people to play earlier.

Not what many punters want tho, they like chips to start irrespective of levels and clock

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 03, 2012, 10:24:39 AM »

IMO shorter clocks are good for the room....really bad and tilting sitting there forever to lock up a min cash.

Drain Alien
*** Drainy ***

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 03, 2012, 11:16:20 AM »

IMO shorter clocks are good for the room....really bad and tilting sitting there forever to lock up a min cash.

Yep i agree.
A 15 minute clock from the start would be best, maybe 10 mins after re-entries, and then 5 mins for the FT.
Sounds about perfect imo.

Good luck George. <sigh>

Tighty - 8th September 2015 - Oh FFS Drainy is back !!!!!!
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 03, 2012, 11:54:38 AM »

What's the prob with having 3x30mins then 25mins throughout?

Four levels to the first break = 1h55mins of poker. Then 5x25mins = 2h5mins. Then you can justify having your 15min breaks to encourage everyone to go play roulette.

That would mean 14 levels played by 2.30am, end of 3k-6k level. As often as not it'll be all but done by then.

If you want to play bingo there's a building next to Circus Circus innit.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 03, 2012, 01:11:05 PM »

Never even looked at the clock last night.

Sitting on my 2nd table with six corpses I'd already lost the will to live - mercifully I got knocked out, before I joined their eternal stupor.

Wonderful     .........      20 min levels, with 15 minute breaks - wtf thought that one up?

On perusing the awful G website - goodness knows how they managed to update it so promptly for Feb from Boxing Day 2011 - I found this little 'peach';

Every Tuesday 29,000 chips + 29 min clocks. Starts: 8pm. Quantum Leap Year - No Limit Hold'em £30 + £5 reg

So there have been so many complaints about 'late finishing' comps that they stick a 29k stack with 29 min blinds (idea stolen from The Western, I believe) on     ....     on a Tuesday (for an entire year)!

And lookety look - even the Friday Wunner £75 is also a turbo crapshoot from level 4 (obv the G fails to realise that saturday & sunday follow friday)    .....     'great' for poker - presumably with 15 min levels also, in the hope that the entire cardroom will fight their way through the Friday Night Pisshead Hordes to get to the Blackjack/Roulette tables.

How to Kill a Cardroom by Grosvenor Head Office      .....      gl with the cash table rake.

What's on @ Dunstable tonight?

Also the Western friday comps - afternoon and evening - have £5k in guarantees + chips too (and no soppy dress code)!

UL George, all your good work over the last year ruined in an instant      ....     cya possibly once a week/month from now on, and maybe for the odd satellite!

Maybe Tom Myland will relent and return to make up the numbers?

Poker_Monkey

"Cake or death?"

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 03, 2012, 01:14:03 PM »

Have lost all want to play at the g and I think this is the last blow. Turbo comps, Dearlers that think going to work is just a bit of fun, people being made to fell like there just not wanted end of.

R.I.P Luton G Cardroom it was nice to know you

Oh look you hit your 3 outter on me FML

Twitter :  https://twitter.com/adrian_lovelock

Fb : https://www.facebook.com/ady.lovelock
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 03, 2012, 02:00:50 PM »

It is pretty cynical in that re-entry levels remain long and then it gets short. Also a lot cheaper staff wise if comps finish quicker and longer breaks are quite thinly veiled extended gambooooooool breaks

That said. I don't object that much really. Stacks have got silly large for so many comps that a shorter clock will move things quicker and I believe, favour the better more active players.

Would prefer to turn the clock back about 2-3 years, like Tighty suggested and reduce stacks and maintain clocks at 30 mins

The Friday comp used to be ideal with 5K starting stacks

Cardroom demographic has been changing a fair bit over the last couple of years and I guess this will just carry on without any real fall off in numbers.

I think it's short sighted overall as they separated themselves from local comps with somewhat decent structures. This is pretty much gone now. Be interesting to see and whether James and Genting spot a gap they can fill here.

sola virtus nobilitat
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 03, 2012, 02:14:39 PM »

Does it favour the more active players though? Doesn't it favour the likes of Chinese George? The quicker they get to 1500-3000 and get it all in pre with AJ v QQ the better innit?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 03, 2012, 02:17:57 PM »

Most of those than favour a 'quicker comp' tend to be the tardiest to ever get their chips in     ....
Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 03, 2012, 02:30:06 PM »

Where's the evidence that the punters want bigger starting stacks, and they bring in bigger fields?

As Glenn said, 2 years ago the Friday £75 was 5k chips, and the sunday £100 was 7.5k chips. I Both got significantly larger fields than the comps now..

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 03, 2012, 02:39:13 PM »

Most of those than favour a 'quicker comp' tend to be the tardiest to ever get their chips in     ....

Last night @ 1500-3000. Poker genius shoves in the C/O for 14.5k with 16mins on the clock. Folded to Johnny Vac playing 60k in the BB...

"How much is it please dealer...? I have a pair here...Don't think I can fold this hand...You want a call? 14 point five exactly...? You got a pair...? Big ace...?"

10mins left on the level...

Folds...

"I don't need to take a race at this stage with my stack."

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 03, 2012, 02:42:24 PM »

Does it favour the more active players though? Doesn't it favour the likes of Chinese George? The quicker they get to 1500-3000 and get it all in pre with AJ v QQ the better innit?

You might be right, I just like talking

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 03, 2012, 02:45:10 PM »

In the long run.. comps like this would favour people like Alex Martin is what I'm thinking - a better, active player.

Reason being is that he aint waiting for hands and people like he'm with a better understanding in a theory sense are going to get their shoving / calling ranges more correct than someone like Chinese George - thelong run may not exist in live poker but I think I'm right in theory

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 03, 2012, 02:47:12 PM »

Last night @ 1500-3000. Poker genius shoves in the C/O for 14.5k with 16mins on the clock. Folded to Johnny Vac playing 60k in the BB...

"How much is it please dealer...? I have a pair here...Don't think I can fold this hand...You want a call? 14 point five exactly...? You got a pair...? Big ace...?"

10mins left on the level...

Folds...

"I don't need to take a race at this stage with my stack."

But this is just lol bad, espesh in a turbot. Overall this should favour you not hinder you doncha think

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: