blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 10:50:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272775 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Luton 2012 thread, powered by the same old 3-4 posters
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton 2012 thread, powered by the same old 3-4 posters  (Read 217646 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: February 03, 2012, 04:40:50 PM »

The biggest change they could make to improve the customer experience there has nothing to do with structures.

10 handed on those ridic small tables makes you feel like cattle

sola virtus nobilitat
relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 03, 2012, 04:41:52 PM »

We can do that.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 04, 2012, 01:07:36 PM »

My god its cheery on here, I am back down next weekend and was going to play Saturday....would I be better sticking pins in my eyes?
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 04, 2012, 01:16:17 PM »

My god its cheery on here, I am back down next weekend and was going to play Saturday....would I be better sticking pins in my eyes?

should be fine imo Chris - all the moaning minnies will be at home Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 04, 2012, 01:23:24 PM »

should be fine imo Chris - all the moaning minnies will be at home Smiley

Excellent, thanks Claire, Saturday tends to be piss heads and the likes mainly anyways, so I should be in my element lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 05, 2012, 06:48:46 PM »

There's 90 minutes before you get to the 20 minute levels, plus once reaching the final table, you get 30 minute levels once more.

Ultimately, there comes a stage in tournament poker where something has to give. It was our desire that, by implementing this change, it would stop the final tables becoming crap shoots with average stacks under 10bb.

I suggest a little forbearance as these structures play out. If a problem exists, it can be rectified.

Sure, other places might have a 25 minute clock. We also play a lot more levels than most clubs, so it balances itself out over the course of the evening. It's an extra level in every 2 hours. It is not a huge increase by any stretch.

Good luck with that & poker players, Gorgouousuous George.......

9 handed - yes, that'd be good, though not a deal breaker either way.

We come to Luton for the craic, great regulars, (& Vinni) & a bit of fun.

Keep trying George, you are doing just fine, & congrats on running the Sky Poker weekend so magnificently. (Gotta get the daily spam quots in, sorry).

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Drain Alien
*** Drainy ***

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 06, 2012, 01:53:54 PM »

Now that the 20 min clock fiasco has resulted in Chimpy closing the fantasy league, does that mean this thread is Now officially dead?

Tighty - 8th September 2015 - Oh FFS Drainy is back !!!!!!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 06, 2012, 01:55:29 PM »

Now that the 20 min clock fiasco has resulted in Chimpy closing the fantasy league, does that mean this thread is Now officially dead?

up to people if they post on it or not. It can still be a resource for the many regular blonde players there....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 06, 2012, 02:18:08 PM »

why is it in the rail - has TK been let loose with the mod buttons again?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 06, 2012, 02:18:36 PM »

why is it in the rail - has TK been let loose with the mod buttons again?

All will be clear shortly.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 06, 2012, 02:22:08 PM »

9 handed tables a good idea... i always sit next to some bloke whose as wide as me Smiley

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 06, 2012, 03:58:34 PM »

9 handed tables a good idea... i always sit next to some bloke who used to be as wide as me Smiley

FYP

luther101

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 06, 2012, 04:40:57 PM »

Wow - found it (I thought thread had been flounced!).

So      ....       let’s breathe life into this thread with a Loofah Tourney Tirade!     

Friday night;

New levels introduced (urgh)     ....     but you can't criticise something until you've tried it - so it was lob Jess in the front seat, and point the Postman Patmobile @ Jct 10.

Filled with trepidation, - and a sneaky suspicion that there'd be on overlay - I entered the daftcardroom.

A fair few regs about - with Carpark Henderson on his fourth glass of  Soccer Violence, Gaypole Conningtower desperate to find a sympathetic ear to regale tales of derring do inside a Teepee in Dublin, and a herd of ugly nose picking Randoms lurking about     ….       it looked like an typical Luton turnout.

The Off!!!

You didn’t need a reduced clock and 10 Alex Martins in the field with this mob – I had to keep checking it wasn’t a £5 re-buy, such was the desire of half the field to get chips in indecently early!

On my first table - and a rather rotund fellah (not Celtic, he wasn’t that fat) who shall be forever called Bilbo Baggins – clearly thought he’d show these Luton Yokels a thing, or two.

In between three betting @ every opportunity, he kept telling all + sundry he was Gaypole’s buddy.

Such was the loving glint in his eye    ….     I can deffo see a Civil Ceremony in the air in the not too distant future!

Well he was well at it – blissfully unaware there were at least two people who ‘knew what he knew’ and were watching, waiting.

After he three bet your Noble Scribe on the turn, a four bet had the Hobbit scurrying back to The Shire faster than if he’d bumped into an Orc in the woods.

Baggins quickly joined the alarming list of exits in lvl2/3, but with true Luton magnanimonosity(??) was found a nice safe haven in a seat next to his betrothed.

I glanced over at Barrat Obama during this CrashFest     ……       all these LAG players were giving him bunions!

Mr Bendy Man – new to Luton, travels down from Naaaaaaaaaaaaaawrich - was in fine voice.

(The only fellah who can clear the Smoking Cage in double quick-time with his relentless PHA     …..     gotta be Deano’s dad.)

Luther was Nit-noncomplussed that these foolish fiends were biting into his overlay, as Cashstruck Calenti bought in just before the cut off point (poor Vin, he could’ve had a FT chipstack before the break if he’s turned up earlier).

Unabashed, the Tartan Terror soon set about putting that right, and banished the Wild Boys of the table back to Planet ABC - allowing Loofah to nick the odd pot from the Vinster, as is only right and proper!

Breaking tables, I duly fell into line behind the serfs - brought in especially from the Pit to move Braveheart’s chipstack – and moved on.

BB and I decided to call, and peel, after a raise from Redfaced Martin, and a call from Edward Dungarees with 8 7 off.

A rather unpleasing K high with a 7 in there somewhere was checked to Beetroot Boat, who even more unpleasingly bet, and an even more unpleasing flat by Ed the Shed.

Time to fish    …    call!

Turn was pants – BBoat bet, call, call.

Garbage (where are all those prime cards when you need them?) on the river; I led out, knowing Beetroot had the King, but having Ed behind him – would he fold??

Martin almost put his chips over the line several times during an entire Gorgeous George reduced level dwell, but finally summoned up the cowardice to fold – leaving Ed to reluctantly call off with A high for a rather mega pot.

Poor old Mart his face went redder than a pickled walnut when he saw my ‘crushing’ underpair triumph (I don’t think I’ll be getting one through on the fellah sometime soon!).

Blahdee,  Blahdee, Blah      ….. onto FT.

Knocked out Vin, then knocked myself out re-raising pocket Ones with the Bobbies (Lally + Chandra would’ve been distraught), and a small cashament to get Jess’s Whiskas.

So      …..     the 20 min levels?

They didn’t work out that bad – but mainly because none of the players were hanging about (I think they got day the snow was forecast for wrong!).

GG listened – as ever (nice trait in that lad) – and agreed that the ‘higher buy in’ comps ought to have the 25 min clock.

Maybe a happy compromise there     ……

Drain Alien
*** Drainy ***

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 09, 2012, 08:25:58 AM »

Well done to Paul "Haven't missed a final yet this month" Noonantini, for yet another result last nite (2nd of 39 wunners)
Wp Loofah!

Looks like two Aliens will be attending the 20 minute bingo-fest this evening, along with last Thursday's winner (you know, the on-line and live poker Pro).

Roll-up, roll-up....

Ps - Choppy wont be there tonite tho cos his in Vegas winning mad dimez. Glgl

Tighty - 8th September 2015 - Oh FFS Drainy is back !!!!!!
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 09, 2012, 02:36:22 PM »

Mmmmmm, bingo-fest it ain’t, Drainy – 3.30 am; 3 left, blinds 3/6k, with 30 BBs minimum each      …..   probably just about right for a midweek comp/chop!

So – as we haven’t been inundated with Chompy stories of major Vegas binkage (will we ever?) – let’s review the wonderment that is Wankers Wednesday from deepest, darkest, Bedfordshire.

Registering, I glanced over at the DC game. Mainly regs, but they had been joined by some old geezer - apparently he runs the Yoyo Appreciation Society on the world wide web!

A nice first table.

Vinny to my left, doing all my raising for me, Barrat Obama to my right, folding for St Albans, open mouthed Guppy fish filling the remaining slots.

Steady progress was made by slipping into the Calenti Jetstream and bagging the odd pot that Vincenzo didn’t want - who seemed utterly transfixed watching Yeovil play in some unheard of Sky soccer comp called the SPL.

That suddenly changed when late entry – well known internet sensation – Charming Trevor Webber ripped the guts out of us all, in under half a level!

Calenti’s comp was over quicker than Culloden, and your Audacious Author’s once proud stack was reduced to a piffling 5.2k, as Trev the Terrible opened every pot for 1500 @ 100/200.

Looking down at 55 Lucky Loofah jammed it in his eye, and held against TtT’s A J, -  Vinny leapt for joy as Yeovil scored a fourth (creating the first seismic shock wave in Luton since 1864).

Looking down at the Boots UTG, LL flatted to give TtT the chance to hang himself.

Doom, despair, and abject misery descended as the whole table proceeded to flat, at a pace, round to the BB.

Hurrah     ….    RD in the BB remembered what to do to limpers and - without a keyboard in front of him - found the raise button, and life was good once more in uther's world.

A standard hook 3 bet induced the shove, and he proudly flipped his A Q quicker than his jaw hit the floor when he saw what he’d run into.

Moving on, and I had the pleasure of sitting between the two Traceys   …  so I told them it was the first time I’d ever been spit roasted at a poker table.

‘Knowing giggles’ filled the air and, with a lovely lady on each arm, up went the stack       ……      of chips (before Drainy gets over excited).

Mr Pham was gathering the goods at an alarming rate    ….     Proving it is possible to play every hand in a comp, and win 85% of the coups (comedy moment of the night Mrs Pham jamming the flop - hubby has a set     ….      Loofah learnt the Vietnamese for dangler removal whilst akip).

Blah, blah, blah – FT, and blinds reverted to 30 mins.

Getting down to the last 3, Your Noble Scribe was persistently pestered with pleas for chop chop (as Mr Pham looked nervously in his spouse’s direction).

Not on your Nelly, with a guaranteed bag up top    …..      just get rid of one, and the chop could be £800, or put the foot down for the grand!

By 3.30 HMS FT WW Luton had become becalmed – where was this ‘bingo-fest’ that these 20 minute blinds would produce?

Starting to get very weary – not of the poker, but Mrs Pham shrieking chop (whilst looking intently at her man’s undercarriage) – I caved in, we all got £670     ….     And (presumably) Mr Pham got neutered on the way home.

Gorgeous George is the Sage of Midweek Comps!

Luther was wrong - 20 min levels ftw!

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: