blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 03:39:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monte Carlo £250,000 Gtd: Day 3 and final
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monte Carlo £250,000 Gtd: Day 3 and final  (Read 134235 times)
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: December 20, 2011, 01:46:53 PM »

Nothng has been said about his performance in the club, it has been second to nine.We might have a fantastic writer at PokerStrategy but it doesnt mean just because he'd done wonders he should start making training videos etc.

Really? Have you really missed the point that badly?

Blue text
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 20, 2011, 01:50:48 PM »

there was so many ppl tuning in yesterday, just think a guy who went on for 10 hours and was very results orientated wasn't the wisest idea. Listening to almost ANYBODY for 10 hours would be incredibly boring it doesn't matter who it is. Monte Carlo is the best comp in the country, DOWN TO TRUMPER, I'm sure he would be interested in constructive feedback, which is why I took back the Rob Yong's dog comment

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 20, 2011, 01:55:54 PM »

there was so many ppl tuning in yesterday, just think a guy who went on for 10 hours and was very results orientated wasn't the wisest idea. Listening to almost ANYBODY for 10 hours would be incredibly boring it doesn't matter who it is. Monte Carlo is the best comp in the country, DOWN TO TRUMPER, I'm sure he would be interested in constructive feedback, which is why I took back the Rob Yong's dog comment

See, comments such as one person for 10 hours is something constructive. Try and be less results oriented is constructive.

But your earlier post said his commentary was ridiculous and 100 people on here could do a better job. That is not constructive and is just slagging a person off. Whatever else your post might have said loses any sort of credibility once i've read that far.

Blue text
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 20, 2011, 01:58:08 PM »

I often get told at work, complain if you like, be rude if you likle but you better have something to back it up. I said I didn't enjoy it, then I stated reasons why it could be better then stated that there are people who would do it for free, I even volunteered myself, putting myself into the firing line.

My last Two Clubs on the matter.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
treefella

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 20, 2011, 01:59:42 PM »

missing the point again !
just because you didnt enjoy it dont assume everyone else didnt  : )
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 20, 2011, 02:00:12 PM »

I often get told at work, complain if you like, be rude if you likle but you better have something to back it up. I said I didn't enjoy it, then I stated reasons why it could be better then stated that there are people who would do it for free, I even volunteered myself, putting myself into the firing line.

7000th post btw  police

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 20, 2011, 02:00:28 PM »

DTD strike me as the kind of people who are always looking to better themselves, therefore they should look to take some criticism and use that to move forward and improve what they do.

Yesterdays broadcast was good - could be better.

The commentary - well I guess it depends what "level" you want. The fact is some exceptional poker players commented itt thread that they thought it was poor. They might not be inclined to get into "forum wars", but the fact it was mention in a non trolling way is something which I'm sure DTD will look to improve upon.

Cost is obviously an issue too, but I'm sure that they could have pulled several people off the floor last night for a free 1 hours stint "in the box" to assist Simon. K&K, mitch (well ok), im sure would offer up time, and if not there is nothing lost

Good first effort but can be improved would be my assessment of the situation, I'm pretty sure DTD will think the same.

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 20, 2011, 02:00:38 PM »

missing the point again !
just because you didnt enjoy it dont assume everyone else didnt  : )

skip back 20 pages matey.

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 20, 2011, 02:01:19 PM »

A  POSITIVE SLANT

Well Done to ......... Dusk Till Dawn & Rob  for putting on a great event (again)
Well Done to ..........all The Dealers and Staff
Well Done to ..........EVERYBODY who participated
Well Done to ......... The Live Stream Innovation
Well done to .......... Blonde Poker & Tighty for the great updates .
Well Done to...........Simon Trumper for his organisation of the event and commentary
Well Done to ..........All the final table & Money Finishers for their great effort

And finally   WELL DONE TO RASTA FISH   for navigating through 288 players to take it down

Good Luck at the tables and Merry Christmas to all and your families .

See you at the next £500 deepstack in Jan (unless I bink a seat for the WPT Dublin)

Peace x
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 05:06:34 PM by FUN4FRASER » Logged
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 20, 2011, 02:05:55 PM »

Nothng has been said about his performance in the club, it has been second to nine.We might have a fantastic writer at PokerStrategy but it doesnt mean just because he'd done wonders he should start making training videos etc.

epic typo

At least he crept in to Pleno's top ten.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 20, 2011, 02:07:23 PM »

QFT

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 20, 2011, 02:52:12 PM »

Yes, I think we need to ask exceptional poker players what they think and do exactly what exceptional poker players say. I love exceptional poker players and they are all my heroes. Didn't watch the stream as I don't agree with the concept and find it boring but caught up with Tighend's updates and can't imagine anything could compete with his sublime written word anyway. A master of the descriptive art and building tension. What's more live updates are funny and interactive for us the consumer so a much better medium imo.

Oh and is it to late to nominate my mate Gareth for the advent calendar? He doesn't post on Blonde but is a very nice guy and is good at poker.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #942 on: December 20, 2011, 02:52:59 PM »

Great updates, really enjoyed reading and watching. Thought Mr Trumper's commentary was fine, mostly, but I think could have done with focussing less on what people had and more on what they were thinking. That said, can't have been easy doing that for 10 hours, and I'm not sure I'd have wanted to listen to some pure poker technician blathering on for 10 hours about range-merging and ICM. But maybe that's just me.

Not sure I understand fully why DTD wanted a 30 min delay on this thread though. Don't think it would really stop people from watching the updates, tbh, as you're always going to be interested in hole cards even after the event. Maybe makes some sense on a knee-jerk don't-want-to-steal-live-feed-thunder reaction, but I think a bit more deep thought on this point wouldn't go amiss. Makes Richard's job very hard for pretty much no gain. The idea of the live feed is presumably to promote the club and the cardroom, and having non-hole-card updates here 30 mins ahead of the live feed wouldn't change that in the slightest, IMHO.

Oh, and congrats to all the blonde cashers, especially Alex.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 02:56:11 PM by rex008 » Logged

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 20, 2011, 03:32:07 PM »

Yes, I think we need to ask exceptional poker players what they think and do exactly what exceptional poker players say. I love exceptional poker players and they are all my heroes. Didn't watch the stream as I don't agree with the concept and find it boring but caught up with Tighend's updates and can't imagine anything could compete with his sublime written word anyway. A master of the descriptive art and building tension. What's more live updates are funny and interactive for us the consumer so a much better medium imo.

Oh and is it to late to nominate my mate Gareth for the advent calendar? He doesn't post on Blonde but is a very nice guy and is good at poker.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 20, 2011, 04:58:22 PM »

I agree with Rex about the updates. The delay was very difficult to work around and people would definitely want to see hole cards afterwards and also listen to Simon's commentary (except Pleno)

Maybe a compromise where DTD show a true 'realtime' feed and then have a separate delayed feed where we get to see the mucked cards?

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: