blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:29:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monte Carlo £250,000 Gtd: Day 3 and final
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monte Carlo £250,000 Gtd: Day 3 and final  (Read 132757 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #975 on: December 21, 2011, 12:47:35 PM »

it might've been better if mr chooser had taken a step back, thought about it and had a chat with mr beggar to find out exactly what he didn't like. then he could make some changes and everyone would be happy with the new improved meals. maybe they could have lasagne

instead he chose to throw a strop and get all aggro and is still cooking the same stuff as before that he probably doesn't really like either

good story though but would be better next time if you drew some pictures to go with it. 7/10

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: December 21, 2011, 12:49:21 PM »

I watched the final table stream and was very happy DTD had offered it tbh, to be able to watch the final online for free is just one of many reasons why dtd and simon trumper are the by far the no 1 in UK Poker.

Normally when something has commentary their is two people a commentator and a summariser/expert. Simon did both jobs, thats why it sounded different. hats off to him for doing it, as it cant of been easy to do TWO jobs.

Well done DTD & Simon

welcome to blonde. hope you enjoy tightends style of coverage too

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: December 21, 2011, 01:24:09 PM »

I watched the final table stream and was very happy DTD had offered it tbh, to be able to watch the final online for free is just one of many reasons why dtd and simon trumper are the by far the no 1 in UK Poker.

Normally when something has commentary their is two people a commentator and a summariser/expert. Simon did both jobs, thats why it sounded different. hats off to him for doing it, as it cant of been easy to do TWO jobs.

Well done DTD & Simon

Yo, heard there were probs with sound throughout and obv feedback on commentary not great. However, with almost 1k replies and around 7k hits this thread shows why Blonde are by far the no 1 in UK poker. Tightend did the job of 3 people so he trumps Simon imo.

Also peeps don't forget DTD are offering a service for commercial not charitable reasons. Liked the beggar story thou.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: December 21, 2011, 01:29:22 PM »

would this person be who is better technically than simon be a person who has no live results to talk of maybe having got lucky once or twice having played every ept/wsop/wpt event for the last two years who thinks its the correct play to come over the top (with any two cards) of a guy that clearly only has KK+ in his rangeor fails to understand the concept that most weak players in live poker can not fold top pair top kicker.

you're post was good jason, but why did you have to say this, now i'm forced to call you out again, what you've said doesn't make any sense, but I know what you're trying to say and it's still wrong lol.

Come on Herbie, at least give me a week off over christmas lol

Simon did the best job he was able to do on the day under the circumstances he was in, you cant do anything more. I think though DTD should defo give the commentary a LITTLE more fore-thought for the next one, maybe just round people up on day 2/3 and ask who's going to be around and see if anyone is willing to do 90-100mins or w/e in the commentary with him, i'm sure plenty of people would and it'd be way more fun for Simon, who must have been bored as fk throughout the final by himself

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: December 21, 2011, 01:35:49 PM »

would this person be who is better technically than simon be a person who has no live results to talk of maybe having got lucky once or twice having played every ept/wsop/wpt event for the last two years who thinks its the correct play to come over the top (with any two cards) of a guy that clearly only has KK+ in his rangeor fails to understand the concept that most weak players in live poker can not fold top pair top kicker.

you're post was good jason, but why did you have to say this, now i'm forced to call you out again, what you've said doesn't make any sense, but I know what you're trying to say and it's still wrong lol.

Come on Herbie, at least give me a week off over christmas lol

Simon did the best job he was able to do on the day under the circumstances he was in, you cant do anything more. I think though DTD should defo give the commentary a LITTLE more fore-thought for the next one, maybe just round people up on day 2/3 and ask who's going to be around and see if anyone is willing to do 90-100mins or w/e in the commentary with him, i'm sure plenty of people would and it'd be way more fun for Simon, who must have been bored as fk throughout the final by himself
yeah that was a bit ott dave. i think i read somewhere that JP got a bit of mauling for his commentary (but i would never consider having a go at him out of respect) and it most defo is quite a tough gig. I find is dispicable at times and would love to know who the jokers are on facebook who give Tikay such a tough time. The mans a legend and at his time of life and stage in his career should not have to put up with that sort of shit.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: December 21, 2011, 01:56:47 PM »

JP's commentary was excellent, he just sounded so dull because of how hungover he was, again if he'd been with someone else would have 10x imo.

Who's giving tikay nonsense? Tell them to go pick on their own grandparents.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #981 on: December 21, 2011, 02:21:05 PM »

JP's commentary was excellent, he just sounded so dull because of how hungover he was, again if he'd been with someone else would have 10x imo.

Who's giving tikay nonsense? Tell them to go pick on their own Great grandparents.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: December 21, 2011, 02:53:16 PM »

Who's giving tikay nonsense? Tell them to go pick on their own grandparents.
i dont know who they are but they set upp spoof accounts like angela burberry. he knows who they are i think

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: December 21, 2011, 03:11:47 PM »

I'd love to give it a go.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #984 on: December 21, 2011, 03:17:07 PM »

yes you would be 100% better than a technically gifted player Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: December 21, 2011, 03:25:06 PM »

Errr thanks

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #986 on: December 21, 2011, 04:02:32 PM »

Made me laff a lot.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: December 21, 2011, 04:05:19 PM »

Made me laff a lot.
we aims to please sir we aims to please

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #988 on: December 21, 2011, 04:06:03 PM »

just chuckle away and I'd pay to hear that shit!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #989 on: December 21, 2011, 04:29:02 PM »

Hello

Thank for all of the constructive comments, this was our first time we have done this after a lot of effort to get the technology up and running, overall, we are all pleased with the result of our virgin attempt, but it was more of a "pilot / trial" from our point of view, however we were completely shocked that we got over 8000 unique viewers on Monday, a bit like a lot more people than expected turning up to a football training session rather than the league match on Saturday afternoon. We didn't do a big marketing push about this web stream, in fact, we had an electrical fault on Friday with the table and we were not even sure whether the steaming would go ahead, things were only tested last week, so we wanted it to be low key. However, we do have lots of plans to improve the experience for the viewer, like all things we do, we chop and change until we are happy, then chop and change again when it gets a little boring (or we get copied  stirthepot), all feedback has been noted though and as poker becomes even more competitive and saturated in 2012, we know we need to try to keep improving- all of the time, or basically, we won't survive  

Cheers Rob

P.S. Someone PM'd me and said there was a comment on this thread about my dog, Numpty, but I cant find anywhere on this thread - can anyone post what that was?Huh?Huh???  

« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 04:40:49 PM by robyong » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: