blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:54:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272581 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 293 ... 341 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !  (Read 492915 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4320 on: April 12, 2014, 09:23:29 AM »

Well done Lee. Have a great time.

The older I get, the better I was.
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: April 12, 2014, 10:34:02 AM »

Thanks Tom .....really looking forward to it

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: April 12, 2014, 08:37:54 PM »

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: April 12, 2014, 08:40:52 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: April 13, 2014, 02:15:32 AM »

Arboy, Vegaslover and Lee, some great losses there, and great going. Hope everything continues in the same vain and keep it up.

Enjoy Vegas too Lee! Do not gain a stone over there! Ha.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: April 13, 2014, 04:54:31 PM »

Arboy, Vegaslover and Lee, some great losses there, and great going. Hope everything continues in the same vain and keep it up.

Had a great week this week food wise apart from a rather large drinking session towards the end of day 1b at the gps in southend on friday.  Had a hangover from hell all day Saturday for day 2 as punishment but i am hoping to still show a loss this week.  still looking forward to Weds mornings weigh in.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: April 14, 2014, 05:43:01 PM »

Had a great week this week food wise apart from a rather large drinking session towards the end of day 1b at the gps in southend on friday.  Had a hangover from hell all day Saturday for day 2 as punishment but i am hoping to still show a loss this week.  still looking forward to Weds mornings weigh in.

If you are looking forward to the weigh in, normally is a good sign, well done and hope all is good by Wednesday.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: April 14, 2014, 06:10:32 PM »

Starting weight - January 9th: 21st 5lbs
                          January 22nd: 20st 8lbs
                          January 27th: 20st 3lbs
                         February 3rd: 20st 1lbs
                         February 10th: 19st 13lbs
                         February 17th: 19st 9lbs
                         February 24th: 19st 7lbs
                               March 2nd: 19st 1 lbs
                               March 10th: 18st 13lbs
                               March 17th: 18st 9lbs
                               March 24th: 18st 9lbs
                               March 31st: 18st 4lbs
                               April 7th: 17st 12lbs
                               April 14th: 17st 13lbs

Gain of 1lb, my first weight gain week.

Did okay on the exercise front, getting 5 hours in, but i ate too much, and not the best type of foods too. Stuck to a whole of whole meal noodles with sauce and strayed from the diet that fared me well in previous weeks of veg, lentils and potatoes. Probably reverting back to that from now on, however, with a much better approach.

Mentioned before that i needed to count the calories i was taking in and accommodate for exercise days, i put that off initially as my attitude was as i was eating so healthy, that it should sort itself out, which is partly true, but i guess i really want to hone in on better health as quickly as possible and stop all notion at all of lapses and idiocy. The lack of knowing about how much to eat and also importantly, what to eat to be in keeping with nutrition advice, is beginning to take its toll on me, and now i need to put my homework in and stop putting it off.

Goal by probably Wednesday after as thorough research as i can do, is to work out:

How many calories do i need?
What do i need to cover nutritionally as a part of a recommended daily allowance?
How can i get the above, in the simplest way possible in terms of prep for food, the lack of taste in food is not a problem, as long as i am getting what i need.
Study about having more meals with less on it, and how to prepare with food for extensive exercise sessions. Should there be a big feed the morning before? Or the night before? Get clarity.

If it becomes a headache and the answers aren't too clear for all or any, just get as close as possible to it and crack on. My body will probably tell me if things are good by how well i am feeling. Need to make sure i do not eat too little as i often get a little lightheaded but also, don't eat too much as that often slows me down and makes me more liable to overeat as exercising becomes more troublesome as i have eaten too much, and then i might get bored and continue eating, not realising i am fuelling a poor behaviour.

Mindless eating is another thing to think about. If i am in a spot where i do want to eat out of boredom do so with veg, fruit and lentils, as i doubt i would ever get fat on that, and they would probably give me a boost anyway.

The last time i didn't make a loss on a week i reacted by losing 11 lbs in two weeks, a similar reaction would be nice, but need to make sure i do it as professionally as possible.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: April 16, 2014, 11:40:08 AM »

I will post my weight every Weds morning like the other success stories on here seem to have done. Wish me luck.

2nd April  19 stone 12
9th April 19 stone 8 (4lbs lost)
16th April 19 stone 5 (7lbs lost)

No distractions this week unlike the gps last week  (unless i make day 2 of the Grand prix at dtd tonight with my last bullet) where i managed to squeeze in a pretty large drinking session which was disappointing but the rest of the week was pretty clean hence the 3lb weight loss.  It should be a clean week this week at home with no excuses food wise so i am expecting to be close to 19 stone next weds with at least 4 swims this week compared to only 2 last week. The next two weeks are key for me to keep this going.  Getting below 18'10 by the end of April would be great as that's the lowest i have been in the past 5 years and to get below that would be a real boost mentally.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 11:42:28 AM by arbboy » Logged
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: April 19, 2014, 06:44:52 AM »

Starting weight:        16st  4lb
9th   Jan 2014   :      15st  11lb
16th Jan 2014   :      15st   8lb
23th  Jan 2014  :      15st 7lb
30th Jan 2014   :      15st 7lb
 6th Feb 2014   :      15st 8lb
13th Feb 2014  :       15st 9lb
20th Feb 2014 :        15st 12lb
27th Feb 2014 :        16st   0lb
 6th  Mar 2014 :        16st   2lb
13th Mar 2014:         16st   1lb
20th Mar 2014:         16st   0lb
27th Mar 2014:         15st  11lb
 3rd  Apr 2014:          15st   9lb
10th Apr 2014:         15st   6lb
17th Apr 2014:         15st   6lb

Total loss          :          12lb

Actually happy with this week as have been eating out plenty due to the kids being on school hols.
Booked Vegas yesterday and go on the 27th May so will be hitting it hard for 5 weeks. Looking to get down to 14st 7lb by the time I go.
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: April 19, 2014, 11:00:29 AM »

Easter holidays are the hardest weeks when on a diet!!!!!

I've lost 11lb in the last few months and put on 3lb in the last 2 weeks 😡

Think I need my hands chopping off so I stop picking at food the kids leave lying around the house

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: April 21, 2014, 07:00:17 PM »

Starting weight - January 9th: 21st 5lbs
                          January 22nd: 20st 8lbs
                          January 27th: 20st 3lbs
                         February 3rd: 20st 1lbs
                         February 10th: 19st 13lbs
                         February 17th: 19st 9lbs
                         February 24th: 19st 7lbs
                               March 2nd: 19st 1 lbs
                               March 10th: 18st 13lbs
                               March 17th: 18st 9lbs
                               March 24th: 18st 9lbs
                               March 31st: 18st 4lbs
                               April 7th: 17st 12lbs
                               April 14th: 17st 13lbs
                              April 21st: 17st 10lbs

Loss of 3 lbs

Bit of a joke week. I indulged again in oily foods, but tried to end it in a symbolic way by having one last feast, had at least three of those during this from the start, but this one is going to be the last.

Onto what i like to call phase 2 now. I have done well to get out of the mire that was the 20st club, I have got to where i am now, but it is like i need to enter a different gear that is going to be as hard to do as it was to start on this vegan diet and shed the initial weight.

It is basically now the sprint to the finish line and no more taking it easy focusing solely on the diet. I am light enough to exercise as hard as i want which is great, I just haven't partaken in a prolonged intense exercise regime since i was 18, being 24 now. I always find ways to stay the course for 2 days and just think i can't be arsed anymore. In those first two days the exercise isn't too hard to maintain onto the third day, I think it is just my self sabotaging mentality. I know i can be consistent, but a part of me is abusing myself, by wanting to stay unhealthy. I suppose as then you can shy away from the goals you are looking for and say i could do that if i wanted to, but never actually go for it, because what if you try your best and still fail?

That may plague many, it must me, and i think it is to do with getting back into semi pro football really. A part of me sees now with the weight dropping off that i will for once be called into question about whether or not i am good enough because i should be slim by the end of the year but a part of me wants to remain fat just so i can always tell people, if only i did get slim i would walk all over this standard. It is a head fuck, but this week has been great at addressing a lot of frailties i have had, and putting them to rest.

A lot of overweight people must have a similar self sabotaging mentality in one way or another, knowing that what and how much they are eating is to a detriment to them but to persist anyway. So i know that there must be something going wrong somewhere in the millions worldwide too and to not beat myself up about it, and just put these factors to rest and actually push on to be fully healthful, maintained for the rest of my life.

Think I am going to be a lifelong vegan now, with no added oils and no nuts. On this i can eat as much as i want and still maintain my optimal weight, with the added benefits of it probably being the optimal diet anyone can be on of potatoes, rice, beans, veg and fruit. I am going to just stick to the program and not stray, as when i do, i get a taste in my tongue for all of the shit foods, and it taints the natural pallet i have to appreciate the more natural foods.

Huge essay that, but it is going to be the last time i am fucking about on this diet and i am waging war on my fat.
leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: April 21, 2014, 11:15:58 PM »

Well done guys 😀
 I've obviously eaten really well in Vegas I'll post a pic of my average meal .....

Unfortunately the yogurt wasn't fat free ):

I'll post my weight in next couple of says once home
I've walked about 30 miles and been to the gym everyday (-;

So I fully expect at least 5 lb loss

disclaimer none of the above is true .... Not one word !
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:18:34 PM by leethefish » Logged

www.ageuk.org.uk/

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: April 22, 2014, 12:07:19 AM »

You might not have done as much damage as you think. You will have covered miles walking and whilst you eat well at meal times I expect you didn't have the snacks that you have at home.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: April 22, 2014, 02:27:10 AM »

Good going Lee!
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 293 ... 341 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: