blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:32:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Hand vs Andy Wayman in Monte Carlo
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand vs Andy Wayman in Monte Carlo  (Read 3324 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2011, 06:03:16 PM »

I'm not sure how interesting this hand even is but I'll share it with you all anyways, was a kinda weird spot.

I'm been at the table >2 orbits, the blinds are 150/300. Since sitting down me and Andy have been exchanging banter pretty much non-stop.

I open from a 27k stack (done 10% my chips already fishhh) with   in the UTG2 position to 750.

Red-Dog playing about 32-33k calls in the HJ. Andy calls playing about 55-60k in the SB, BB folds.

Flop (2550)  

Andy Checks. I check. Red Dog bets 2,100. Andy Calls I call.

Turn (8850) 

Andy leads for 5600. WE ?

Before I get a ton of grief for my flop check, I'm well aware that betting this flop is > checking, but I'd set out in this tournament to conduct an experiment with my post-flop play, cba going into what I was experimenting but I taking a LOT of passive lines post-flop all day (i'm aware as well, this specific spot is even worse a spot to check given the two players I'm against) so no berating my flop play please. FWIW this was the first hand I'd played so this isn't relevant to the hand

Anyone tempted to fold the flop?
What we all planning to do now this turn business has gone on?

Would love Titbeam to tell me what my hand looked like once I overcall the flop in his eyes, I have no idea what he thinks I could have (remember this was the first hand I've played)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 06:07:58 PM by SuuPRlim » Logged

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 06:06:43 PM »

whats the turn?

Just me
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 06:08:17 PM »

whats the turn?

rather crucial piece of info omitted there, apologies

Raman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 06:13:09 PM »

Raise on the flop?

As played I think I'd flat the bet on the turn, we still have nut outs on the river.  I think flatting gives us more pot control on the turn and it suits our line of playing passively?
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 06:20:39 PM »

Looks like you played the hand medium week tbh

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Patonius2000

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 06:27:53 PM »

Before I get a ton of grief for my flop check, I'm well aware that betting this flop is > checking, but I'd set out in this tournament to conduct an experiment with my post-flop play, cba going into what I was experimenting but I taking a LOT of passive lines post-flop all day

If we're experimenting I like a limp pre and a 20x pot lead on the flop please.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 06:29:34 PM »

Looks like you played the hand medium week tbh

dictionary definition

Raise on the flop?

yh its interesting. like I think we can be super confident of having a better hand than Andy - I know he peels more high card hands from the blinds than most but at the same time Red-Dog is prolly the least likely person to bluff/semi-bluff this flop, I think he was to semi-bluff he'd need the NFD or . Not sure what he'd do with QJ and QT but I think he bets KQ AQ 56 55 66 As Xs and 100% and I'm not actually sure he ever bets much else, but I might be wrong.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 06:30:19 PM »

Before I get a ton of grief for my flop check, I'm well aware that betting this flop is > checking, but I'd set out in this tournament to conduct an experiment with my post-flop play, cba going into what I was experimenting but I taking a LOT of passive lines post-flop all day

If we're experimenting I like a limp pre and a 20x pot lead on the flop please.

That experiment failed. Faz and Moose been trying it for years.

Patonius2000

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 06:42:03 PM »

As a serious response, I'd just call once I've checked the flop and fold the turn. I don't know how this guy plays but I'm happy giving him credit for a hand here. We need 30% and his vrange has us drawing to 25% with the distinct possibility that someone blocks us. Not to mention other guy can reopen the betting.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 07:01:41 PM »

Glad you put this one up MW.

The older I get, the better I was.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2011, 12:26:26 AM »

Subtle brag you can afford to experiment in 1k tournaments? In play i'd have no idea what you have so thats messing with my head. I don't think you can be infront of the turn donk and i think if you call it looks exactly like you have the . I guess it depends on what they think of your peel range, but i can't imagine anyone having one as pfr unless it was something like KsQx and shizzle like that. Could the turn bet be 78 which also got there?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2011, 05:17:30 AM »

Subtle brag you can afford to experiment in 1k tournaments?

lol. well....lol. this wasnt the first time i'd experimented with the style I decided to play in this tourney, I've been experimenting with my approach to FLOP/TURN post flop play for a couple of weeks but exclusively in cash games, I was really keen to test the approach in a live tournament and with the structure of the monte carlo it was the ideal tournament. However I firmly believe (and tbh I knew this pre MC, and started to believe this even firmer during this tournament) if you want to tone down your aggression (in live MTT's) it's not your post flop play you should be looking at as much as your pre-flop play, as taking a more passive post flop strategy without adjusting your pre-flop strategy will basically just mean you spend your life bluff catching with ranges slightly weaker than they should be - not a cool spot to be in from a theory perspective and boring as fuck from a real life perspective.

In hindsight, my strategical approach to the MC was poor, but hey we live and we learn - Merry Xmas Smiley 

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2011, 05:50:49 AM »

this is why playing PLO messes with your head. I know Titty prob has a strong hand but I wanna raise now and get angry when he doesnt fold.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2011, 01:26:45 PM »

this is why playing PLO messes with your head. I know Titty prob has a strong hand but I wanna raise now and get angry when he doesnt fold.

What does raising achieve? if you're continuing you have to call.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2011, 01:52:23 PM »

What does raising achieve? if you're continuing you have to call.

SO you fold the obv

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: