blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:20:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 960489 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: January 19, 2014, 08:10:25 PM »

Forgot Town Square!

Simon was telling me about that last year, and there are a few other spots there too - http://mytownsquarelasvegas.com/

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: January 19, 2014, 08:12:52 PM »

Forgot Town Square!

Simon was telling me about that last year, and there are a few other spots there too - http://mytownsquarelasvegas.com/

Where is that?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: January 19, 2014, 08:41:36 PM »

Forgot Town Square!

Where is that?

No idea mate, this is the address though '6605 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89119'

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: January 19, 2014, 08:46:25 PM »

Forgot Town Square!

Where is that?

No idea mate, this is the address though '6605 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89119'

Need a cab or a bus to get there - it's south strip past the sign but before the outlet shopping centre.
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: January 19, 2014, 10:12:27 PM »

About 10 mins from Strip.  Couldn't walk there
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: January 19, 2014, 10:36:12 PM »

Town Square is worth a look.  There's a couple of decent bars, Yard House and Blue Martinis, well worth a look... particularly on Wednesdays on Ladies night.  Apparently.

Food wise, Brio is not top drawer, but for those staying long enough to start to get sick of the strip, it is a nice chilled retreat.  Texas De Brazil is an "eat until you crap yourself" Rodizio, pretty good tbf.  CPK, couple of other non-descript options, worth getting a cab one night imo.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: January 19, 2014, 10:48:28 PM »

One tip for Texas de Brazil is to go on their website register and put your birthday down for when you are there and there's some special deal you get I've never been but somebody told me it's a good night out
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: January 19, 2014, 10:52:23 PM »

Also worth a mention... I just looked up the website to see what's new out there... Fleming's have opened, a pretty good steakhouse but previously you had to go way out on W Charleston to get it... and it just wasn't better than the strip alternatives to make it worth the effort.

However... when you have a car and drive around a lot, you do get to do things that you definitely wouldn't do in a cab.  Fleming's is pretty good, but where it really excelled was it does/did a great happy hour, with cocktails and really tasty food at Panda Express prices.  If the Town Square one has similar (and it prolly will as it caters more to local custom than tourism from the strip, I think) then it is worth a go.

MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: January 22, 2014, 08:10:12 PM »

The gold single decker bus (SDX) which is the quick deuce bus goes to Town Square.  You can catch it from Fashion Show Mall or the stop between Bellagio and Cosmopolitan.  The actual stop on the bus (when it flashes on the screen) is called Town Square, so it's easy to know when to get off.

We love Town Square.  Great discount Hollister and A&F stores.  Last year we bought about £300 worth of clothes for about $100.  Crazy prices.  Best places to drink are Double Helix (happy hour from 3.30pm-7.30pm). Blue Martini (from 4pm till 8pm I think), Yard House (happy hour 3pm-6pm).  Loads of places to eat.  Cinema there as well.

We go there every trip and always end up on the deuce bus going back to the strip very late with loads of bags of shopping and very, very drunk!
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: January 22, 2014, 11:01:26 PM »

What are the Vegas must dos for a first timer ?

One of the best ways to see Vegas as a first timer is to get a 24hr pass for the duece bus. Get upstairs seats near the front and you can see all the Hotels and what the strip has to offer without spending all day walking when you don't really know where you are going
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: January 23, 2014, 08:19:45 AM »

The gold single decker bus (SDX) which is the quick deuce bus goes to Town Square.  You can catch it from Fashion Show Mall or the stop between Bellagio and Cosmopolitan.  The actual stop on the bus (when it flashes on the screen) is called Town Square, so it's easy to know when to get off.

We love Town Square.  Great discount Hollister and A&F stores.  Last year we bought about £300 worth of clothes for about $100.  Crazy prices.  Best places to drink are Double Helix (happy hour from 3.30pm-7.30pm). Blue Martini (from 4pm till 8pm I think), Yard House (happy hour 3pm-6pm).  Loads of places to eat.  Cinema there as well.

We go there every trip and always end up on the deuce bus going back to the strip very late with loads of bags of shopping and very, very drunk!

Mrs fish says thank you so much for this info .....
Although looks like my poker roll has just gone down !!

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: January 23, 2014, 08:55:49 AM »

Bit more info for Mrs Fish...

Forum Shops - some high end stuff mixed in with usual mall offerings.. generally not many bargains to be had, most things full price (or over-priced.)

Fashion Show Mall - Fairly standard shopping centre, some sales, generally not great, if you forgot something from UK, you will probably be able to pick it up here.

Premium Outlets - The one most people go to is the "North" one on Grand Central Parkway near the World Market Centre.  The "South" one used to be really crap, I haven't been in years (since finding out it was crap, in fact) so it may have got better.  Just about everything is decently discounted.

Town Square - covered ^^

Primm - about a 45 min drive to the state line.  MGM used to sell bus tickets from the West Wing entrance for ~ $12.  The outlets there aren't the best labels ever.. but they do have Banana Republic/RL/Guess/Hilfiger/Gap types of stores and are usually like 70% off everything...  Btw, Primm is a proper dive, don't plan on spending a day there to look around or risk eating anything!  Just load up on bargains and gtfo.

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: January 23, 2014, 03:21:34 PM »

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Premium Outlets (North). Just take an empty suitcase then go there and get it filled on the first day. Adidas, Nike and a Puma store is just heaven for me. Joke cheap as well! Also loads of other decent make shops for people who like wearing things other than trackys.. your , Diesel, DKNY, Guess. Has everything.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1843 on: January 23, 2014, 03:33:01 PM »

i picked up 3 sick boss shirts from a shop by macy's last year about $60 each retail £200 in uk, because they were fitted and americans don't like fitted shirts
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: January 23, 2014, 03:59:50 PM »

Bit of hassle for me to hit the outlets nowadays, but I went around Nordstroms in the Fashion Show a few years back, and picked up a load of Boss/Armani stuff pretty cheap.

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: