blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:43:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 960446 times)
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: February 11, 2014, 04:36:09 PM »

Difficult to predict, you just missed one that ended end of Jan, Easter is usually something, but that's late in April this year, so you'd need to be happy to leave it pretty close to the mark.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: February 11, 2014, 04:48:44 PM »

Difficult to predict, you just missed one that ended end of Jan, Easter is usually something, but that's late in April this year, so you'd need to be happy to leave it pretty close to the mark.

Sigh, tell me about it. We wasn't going this year and I was just gonna go with mates in November using miles, but then she discovered that we can get compo for a long delay two years ago so wants to go half-termish at end of May. If nothing comes up for that soon she will have to wait till Oct to go..lol
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: February 11, 2014, 05:03:44 PM »

The Easter sale last year was decent, and I think they were knocking the flights out at around £500 on some dates.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: February 11, 2014, 07:16:53 PM »

If I want to take money out in Vegas by card, what is the best way to do it or perhaps the cheapest way? I know people might say, just take as much as you can, but on the off chance I do my knackers in at the tables....
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: February 11, 2014, 07:39:54 PM »

If I want to take money out in Vegas by card, what is the best way to do it or perhaps the cheapest way? I know people might say, just take as much as you can, but on the off chance I do my knackers in at the tables....

I always just go armed with more money than I think I can spend, and if I knock it in nip one of the other lads until we get back.

I spend most of my time in and around the Nugget, so I just lump everything on my room until checkout, if I have money I pay cash, and if not it goes on the card until I get home.

Alternatively, just stick stuff on your card if you're cash short and sort it when you get home.

Bigfella

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1910 on: February 11, 2014, 10:49:19 PM »

full schedule now announced.

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: February 11, 2014, 11:07:32 PM »

Top man  thumbs up

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: February 12, 2014, 07:33:45 AM »

I always just go armed with more money than I think I can spend, and if I knock it in nip one of the other lads until we get back.

I spend most of my time in and around the Nugget, so I just lump everything on my room until checkout, if I have money I pay cash, and if not it goes on the card until I get home.

Alternatively, just stick stuff on your card if you're cash short and sort it when you get home.

I wonder if Dubai could ever say that.......
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 07:38:56 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: February 12, 2014, 09:15:52 AM »

I always just go armed with more money than I think I can spend and if I knock it in nip one of the other lads until we get back.

I'm sure plenty do that...

To answer the question fully tho:

1. Regular visitors just open up a bank account there.
2. Use skrill/neteller and get their debit card
3. Take $$ and as Marky says, stick it all on your room until you know if you have $$ spare or not towards the end, pay $$ for the room or use the $$ and pay for room on card.
4. Take ££ and ask around to find out which Brits have won $$ and swap
5. Insert info here about pre-paid cards (I don't have any info on them)
6. Nip nip nip

exstream

View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: February 13, 2014, 03:05:01 AM »

Fairly certain 2 years ago, I got flights for £500 for June.
Looking at a fair bit more this year?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: February 13, 2014, 03:42:46 AM »

Fairly certain 2 years ago, I got flights for £500 for June.
Looking at a fair bit more this year?

Mine actually worked out about that last year with 2 weeks coming to £1k including hotel, and once I got my head around the miles sale that Simon posted, I only ended up paying £500 this year, too.

At present you're looking at ~£750 if you fly before June 23rd, and a few hundred more beyond that date (Virgin/BA)

That's unless they have another sale, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility, and they did have one around Easter last year.

MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: February 14, 2014, 11:49:55 AM »

I always just go armed with more money than I think I can spend and if I knock it in nip one of the other lads until we get back.

I'm sure plenty do that...

To answer the question fully tho:

1. Regular visitors just open up a bank account there.
2. Use skrill/neteller and get their debit card
3. Take $$ and as Marky says, stick it all on your room until you know if you have $$ spare or not towards the end, pay $$ for the room or use the $$ and pay for room on card.
4. Take ££ and ask around to find out which Brits have won $$ and swap
5. Insert info here about pre-paid cards (I don't have any info on them)
6. Nip nip nip

We've got one of these credit cards and use it in Vegas to pay for meals, hotel, shopping etc.  No fees for using abroad whatsoever and get bulk exchange rate as well when they convert transactions to Sterling.  You can also get cash advances in the U.S with the card without getting charged.  The only thing to consider with cash advances is that they start charging interest on them as soon as they happen, but the APR is 12.9% so even if you don't pay until the next statement arrives, it's only a few quid in interest.

http://www.halifax.co.uk/creditcards/low-rate-no-fee/clarity-card/
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 11:57:27 AM by MLHMLH » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: February 14, 2014, 12:20:10 PM »

The Nugget schedule was emailed out last night, but I'm a tech fish and don't know how to upload a PDF file Cheesy

scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: February 14, 2014, 06:08:20 PM »

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/65/mttc-live/grand-poker-series-gps-golden-nugget-las-vegas-6-4-2014-7-3-2014-a-1416954/

Looks like lots of weird games to keep Tikay et al happy.

The 1k 1day events look cool.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: February 14, 2014, 06:32:51 PM »

Top man Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: