blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 03:20:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272921 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 970386 times)
rob_5

View Profile
« Reply #1950 on: February 22, 2014, 08:09:22 PM »

Ha. So do I feel lucky?

Think the right move is to get it booked at around £1000 if I can. Still sounds good value for 5 nights in vegas.

As said might be lucky and save a buy in or 2 but would rather save my run good for when I get there.

So, ill confirm my dates at work on monday and get it booked in the week.

Last bit of advice please guys about hotel recommendations. Mirage, PH or anywhere else around the same sort of price?

Thanks again

Rob
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: February 22, 2014, 08:14:28 PM »

Mirage and PH both solid "mid-tier" properties.  Mirage goes on a Polynesian theme, slightly older crowd.  PH goes straight for the party vibe and accordingly attracts a younger crowd.  Can't really go wrong at either, they are both significantly better than Luxor/Flamingo/Excal type places.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: February 22, 2014, 08:32:04 PM »

If you intend playing a fair bit at the Aria/Bellagio, book Vdara/PHo, and if you want to play Venetian, book Mirage/TI.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: February 22, 2014, 08:52:46 PM »

Ha. So do I feel lucky?

Think the right move is to get it booked at around £1000 if I can. Still sounds good value for 5 nights in vegas.

As said might be lucky and save a buy in or 2 but would rather save my run good for when I get there.

Last bit of advice please guys about hotel recommendations. Mirage, PH or anywhere else around the same sort of price?

Thanks again

Rob

Hi Rob

£1000 for direct flight and 5 nights with no Fri or Sat is a terrible price IMO

I wouldn't want to pay more than £750 tops for that Hotel and that would be for 7 nights inc. Fri and Sat
Unless you gamble a lot (slots/table games) it will very likely be cheaper to go 3rd party for the flight/hotel

Wait until around Easter and you will get it a lot cheaper than £1k

Direct flight is a no brainer too for that length of stay
rob_5

View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: February 22, 2014, 10:35:37 PM »

Argh!! Thrown a spanner in the works.

Ha. So do I feel lucky?

Thanks again

Rob

Hi Rob

I wouldn't want to pay more than £750 tops for that Hotel and that would be for 7 nights inc. Fri and Sat
Unless you gamble a lot (slots/table games) it will very likely be cheaper to go 3rd party for the flight/hotel

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: February 22, 2014, 10:47:27 PM »

Argh!! Thrown a spanner in the works.

Ha. So do I feel lucky?

Thanks again

Rob

Hi Rob

Hi Mate

No spanner throwing at all, just have experience of booking at the sort of stay you are looking for.

I myself am looking to book for either May or Oct and know that the current prices are way above what you should be paying. When a flight sale is on you can easily take £200 off the price.
Having had a quick look there doesn't appear to be any big conventions on either at that time, so no panic to book fearing hotel prices will rise a lot.
Your dates/hotel are on the thread so we will keep an eye for ya and let you know if a decent offer comes up.
rob_5

View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: February 22, 2014, 10:50:05 PM »

Thats great.  Thanks for the advice. I'll hold of booking for now.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: February 23, 2014, 06:45:25 AM »

I have had the email stating virgin have a 4 day flight sale, though this is not yet reflected in their prices.

Rob_5 : Just had a look on ebookers and 1st sept to the 6th i.e. Monday to Sat is coming back cheaper than the Sun to Fri for most Hotels.
rob_5

View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: February 23, 2014, 04:31:04 PM »

I have had the email stating virgin have a 4 day flight sale, though this is not yet reflected in their prices.

Rob_5 : Just had a look on ebookers and 1st sept to the 6th i.e. Monday to Sat is coming back cheaper than the Sun to Fri for most Hotels.

yea saw the sale.  Only flights going feb - march at the moment.
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: February 23, 2014, 07:57:54 PM »

There are direct flights available at £550 in the current sale - obviously very restrictive on dates though.

Mon 3rd March - Wed 12th March is £548.97. 
Nilawina

View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: February 24, 2014, 11:38:42 PM »

My first trip to Vegas this June. Can I just say a big thank you to all that have posted. 132/133/134 pages took a while to get through but I've enjoyed reading them all.
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: February 25, 2014, 04:29:04 PM »

My first trip to Vegas this June. Can I just say a big thank you to all that have posted. 132/133/134 pages took a while to get through but I've enjoyed reading them all.

Just make sure you come back and tell us about your trip!!

Photos are always welcome.
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: February 25, 2014, 07:02:47 PM »

Right hard one for u 14 people going for a wedding 25/10/14 few question ,1are the pools still open on that date and also , I take it there no direct flight from Manchester that date only London looking for middle strip what prices are they looking at .
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: February 25, 2014, 07:25:35 PM »

Right hard one for u 14 people going for a wedding 25/10/14 few question ,1are the pools still open on that date and also , I take it there no direct flight from Manchester that date only London looking for middle strip what prices are they looking at .

Pools should still be open. I often go in Nov and pools are still open then, though the 'hip' crowd venues i.e. wet republic etc may be closed by then.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: February 25, 2014, 07:48:46 PM »

Pretty vague on info, so not worth doing a detailed search. 

Bellagio will have a pool open all year round for example, late Oct you can take a swim, but once you get out the water, you might not feel like hanging around.  Flamingo otoh may have closed their pool for the season by then.

Flights will depend on exact dates everyone is going, but ballpark £720 on a random date I plugged in around there.

Hotel will depend on what day you want to check in and check out, but plugging in a random week 23rd --> 30th you are looking at £300 for an ok hotel room centre strip £500 for a nice one.  lowcostusa came back with £251 for the week in HardRock, which isn't centre strip, but was a standout value at the prices.

Once dates/duration etc firm up, people will probably be able to dig more.

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: