blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:51:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 961029 times)
MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #2955 on: April 16, 2015, 05:38:25 PM »

Virgin sale was Easter Weekend I believe.

Yeah I had a look then, but they didn't have any May flights in the sale!
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: April 16, 2015, 07:53:00 PM »

If there wasn't one cheap in the recent sale then you might not find one.
W wanted to go in May but flights were very limited/pricey, hence we going in April this year.
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: April 20, 2015, 10:21:40 PM »

Has anyone used the lounges at Manchester airport,  Escape or Aspire?
We have a 9:15 flight so have to be in the airport ridic early, and we were wondering was it worth booking one of these so we can just relax somewhere quiet and have a bit of brekky/plenty of hot drinks before we go.
Are they worth the twenty quid or would it be better spent elsewhere in the airport?

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: April 20, 2015, 10:38:12 PM »

We have a 9:15 flight so have to be in the airport ridic early, and we were wondering was it worth booking one of these so we can just relax somewhere quiet and have a bit of brekky/plenty of hot drinks before we go.
Are they worth the twenty quid or would it be better spent elsewhere in the airport?

The BA lounge at manc is great.  Not sure if that is one of those.  If you are going to have a proper brekkie and drinks then it is a no brainer to pay for the lounge imo with newspapers/comfort on top as well as comfy seats etc.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: April 20, 2015, 10:56:28 PM »

http://www.executivelounges.com/lounges/manchester-terminal-1-aspire-lounge

As for Escape, I believe that's the first class lounge (it is for Virgin, anyway) and this is on the website:

Escape Lounge Dress Code
Your comfort during your stay is of paramount priority, however we do request that whilst visiting the Escape Lounge you wear smart-casual or business attire. We also have a no baseball caps or football shirts policy. Similarly, clothing that might cause offence to other guests is not permitted. Shorts worn must be below the knee and gentlemen's shoulders must be covered.

Not been to either, yet, but looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 11:14:06 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: April 20, 2015, 11:00:25 PM »

Any flight sales about?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: April 20, 2015, 11:03:51 PM »

Any flight sales about?

Virgin had one at easter, but it was shit.

I think a couple years back, they had one pretty close to the series, and having booked before xmas, I never heard the end of it.

scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: April 20, 2015, 11:18:31 PM »

Any flight sales about?

2 mates got a cheap deal to LA (£450) and they are going to rent a car and drive to Vegas.  Car will be about £30 for the day and I guess £50 in fuel. So sub £500 each.  Think they are planning on stopping at the Commerce on the way.
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: April 21, 2015, 05:35:13 PM »

As for Escape, I believe that's the first class lounge (it is for Virgin, anyway) and this is on the website:

Escape Lounge Dress Code
Your comfort during your stay is of paramount priority, however we do request that whilst visiting the Escape Lounge you wear smart-casual or business attire. We also have a no baseball caps or football shirts policy. Similarly, clothing that might cause offence to other guests is not permitted. Shorts worn must be below the knee and gentlemen's shoulders must be covered.

Good job you said,  I was going to rock up in my pj's.
When are you off Tal?

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: April 21, 2015, 05:52:30 PM »

The BA lounge at manc is great.  Not sure if that is one of those.  If you are going to have a proper brekkie and drinks then it is a no brainer to pay for the lounge imo with newspapers/comfort on top as well as comfy seats etc.

I'm not flying BA so I don't think we can use that lounge,  just the two I mentioned.
I asked about them because it seemed to good to be true, I wondered why everyone wasn't in there!

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: April 21, 2015, 06:15:11 PM »

Has anyone used the lounges at Manchester airport,  Escape or Aspire?

The BA lounge at manc is great.  Not sure if that is one of those.  If you are going to have a proper brekkie and drinks then it is a no brainer to pay for the lounge imo with newspapers/comfort on top as well as comfy seats etc.

I'm not flying BA so I don't think we can use that lounge,  just the two I mentioned.
I asked about them because it seemed to good to be true, I wondered why everyone wasn't in there!

Some of the general lounges which are not attached to a specific airline are not that good tbh and i don't think are usually worth the fee.  I have been in a couple at gatwick and the range of food was basic etc and pretty sure there was no alcohol (just soft drinks).  
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 06:21:35 PM by arbboy » Logged
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: April 21, 2015, 06:41:53 PM »

Escape Lounge Dress Code

When are you off Tal?

Not for a while, so feel free to report.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: April 21, 2015, 10:38:43 PM »

Escape Lounge Dress Code

When are you off Tal?

Not for a while, so feel free to report.
Ha! That's what I was going to say to you :-)
We aren't going till June, but I've just found out some friends are booked in this Sunday, so they can be our guinea pigs.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: April 22, 2015, 08:28:37 AM »

Unsure if this is already mentioned, I've had a quick scan of a couple of pages.

Best value comps for $1k and under?
Good hotels near or on strip that don't cost world? - Inc gym, attempt at a semi healthy schedule is imminent
poker player room rate tips?
Best attractions for 2015?
Best days out for 2015?
Anything people would advise a Vegas virgin absolutely doesn't miss?
Pool parties anyone recommends?
Best club?
$$$ to sell?
Public transportation in vegas???

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: April 22, 2015, 08:37:56 AM »

Unsure if this is already mentioned, I've had a quick scan of a couple of pages.

Best value comps for $1k and under? Rio Daily Deepstack for $235 is fabulous value (in Vegas terms at least).

Good hotels near or on strip that don't cost world? - Inc gym, attempt at a semi healthy schedule is imminent. Quite a bit of discussion on that in the half a dozen pages above. In short, depends where you're playing most of your poker and don't scrimp on the hotel room because you'll regret it.

poker player room rate tips? Can't help you there.

Best attractions for 2015? Or there.

Best days out for 2015? Or there.

Anything people would advise a Vegas virgin absolutely doesn't miss? Bellagio Buffet. Some form of Cirque du Soleil show, too.

Pool parties anyone recommends? I've never taken my cue, so can't really offer much there.

Best club? I liked XS over Tao, but you can't really go wrong with any of the main ones.

$$$ to sell? Hope the Brits are doing well if you need dollars and the reverse if you've got too many.

Public transportation in vegas??? You'll likely taxi it, because the Deuce bus takes ages to get anywhere and you'll flick in the extra. Monorails are good if you want to get between two hotels on the line.

Pages: 1 ... 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: